Jordan Peterson is awesome...

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
dustbinflowers

Re: Jordan Peterson is awesome...

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Yeah even my stepdad referenced climate change the other day. A bit of a change from the robust discussion around the table of the last 15 years, with my sister and I arguing evidence of climate change and being given endless shit. Kinda of hollow to get to say I told you so though.
Uncinia vector

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:48 pm

yeh, its fucking frustrating actually, i feel like they should pay some sort of penalty
"Look how happy he is"

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Ha, yeah
Uncinia vector

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 pm

'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Uncinia vector

Max

Postby Max » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:22 pm

When I hear "political correctness" I immediately switch off. More often than not, moaning about "political correctness" is just an excuse for being a dickhead.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:30 am

And, hilariously, is being promoted by the biggest snowflake that I know. You should have seen the tantrum this fuckwit had after I said he was a bad admin for a Facebook group. Poor diddims.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Fuck off Ross! No one likes you.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Political correctness aka "being polite to people". Peterson is a kermit the frog sounding dickhead who hocks his wares to entitled man babies for a heinous amount of money. If he weren't spouting such garbage I'd almost respect the grift.
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:48 am

Awww, did I hurt your feelings trigby? waaaaaaaah.

Drax

Postby Drax » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Not only is he a massive fucking baby, he's also an untrustworthy creep and a fucking coward. The fact that a bunch of people in the local underground music scene are still tolerating this piece of shit is pretty sad. I'm not surprised he hasn't been banned from this forum, but let's just say his mischief has gone well beyond talking shit online.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 am

Subcide wrote:Fuck off Ross! No one likes you.

Ross sucks but I think you'll find that people are infinitely more likely to tolerate his presence than yours, you fuckin worthless piece of shit

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:16 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement above, in its entirety.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Agreed. Worst poster still left on here by a mile.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:22 am

mmmm....good crack wrote:Agreed. Worst poster still left on here by a mile.

:B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly:

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:03 pm

"Look how happy he is"

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:29 pm

That gumbo of words is amazing.
Uncinia vector

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:52 am

Send him back in time to the middle ages so he can see how much better things are without "postmodern" feminism.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:49 am

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:26 pm

I think you already posted that.
Uncinia vector

Max

Postby Max » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Something moderately sexist is happening in Finland... oh I'm so offended, I think I'll organize a protest outside the Finnish embassy.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:12 am

Dead Kid wrote:Send him back in time to the middle ages so he can see how much better things are without "postmodern" feminism.

Who? Peterson?

At the end of the day, he's just a scientist who deals with empirical evidence. Though I guess in psychology that in itself can be a bit of a clusterfuck.

It's laughable the way that the alt-right or whatever have created this Peterson bandwagon (and he says as much himself). He doesn't say what they think he says, and they misunderstand him just as much as the third-wave/radical feminists and post-modernists.

People still don't deal very well with empirical evidence.
I think it's lint.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:16 am

9seconds wrote:can you imagine telling them that donald trump is president? it would have sounded ridiculous, honestly, i think id have believed hulk hogan was pres before trump.

oh and even ardent climate change deniers have accepted that its reality(they just say its not anthropogenic) but still nobody is doing a damn thing about it

Still a fuck-tonne of people out there denying that climate change is a thing.

Doing something is easy. Even if you just walk to the shops instead of drive.
I think it's lint.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 am

Red_switch wrote:
Dead Kid wrote:Send him back in time to the middle ages so he can see how much better things are without "postmodern" feminism.

Who? Peterson?

I meant the anonymous guy in Philby's screenshot having a whine.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:26 am

Dead Kid wrote:
Red_switch wrote:

Who? Peterson?

I meant the anonymous guy in Philby's screenshot having a whine.

Oh, yeah, exactly the type of person that misinterprets Peterson.
I think it's lint.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:52 pm

pretty sure that was peterson.

so we have two redpillers in punkas then?
"Look how happy he is"

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:31 pm

9seconds wrote:pretty sure that was peterson.

so we have two redpillers in punkas then?

I'd be pretty surprised if that quote was attributed to Peterson, given he's one of the first to point out that the mean IQ of males and females is effectively the same, and although the shape of population IQ distributions differ between male and female, he also points out (and is one of the few to do so outside of the scientific sphere) that those areas of divergence are still scientifically contentious, and given they apply to the extreme ends of the distributions, potentially more exposed to flawed testing methodologies etc.

The whole premise of chaos in that quote is flawed as well, because their position relies on the distribution of male IQ to be "flatter" than female IQ, which inherently makes the male population more chaotic than female, i.e., if there are, indeed, more men than women with significantly higher than average IQ, then there are also more men than women with lower than average IQ. For a system to approach chaos, it needs to have large variance, like the distribution of male IQ relative to female IQ.

His position on the gender pay gap is that differences in pay have more to do with personality traits than gender, and an unfortunate consequence is that the traits that lead to more successful outcomes in the workplace are "masculine" traits, rather than "feminine" traits. Agreeableness is the one that comes up often, people that are more agreeable (which, on average, apparently) happen to be women, are less likely to ask for pay rises and don't bargain as hard. This issue affects men too, it's just that, on average, men are less agreeable and more assertive than women, so tend to have better outcomes. IF this is the case, then it seems to me as though it's just as much a symptom of the lazy HR frameworks that have evolved in modern neo-liberal captialist economies where eventually in many organisations people end up being paid what they ask for, rather than what they are worth. A widespread return to collective bargaining, and/or merit-based award would seem like positive steps in resolving some of these issues, but that is all too difficult for the hegemony to deal with.

An example made by Peterson, and others (including feminist academics) is the one of under-representation of women at the senior executive level of publicly listed companies (which seems to me, and seemingly many others as a bizarre way to measure life success anyway...). Peterson's response to questions on this in an interview were basically "well, why would a woman want to be a CEO of a listed company?" Going on to explain that to do so you've basically got to be an intelligent, but sociopathic, asshole. You don't end up calling the shots by being compassionate and fair. I mean, look at Elon Musk, he is a text-book sociopath. Not aspiring to be like him shouldn't be seen as a bad thing.

I'm not sure whether I agree with Peterson on this stuff or not, but he does make some interesting points that go beyond the rhetoric of identity politics, and his preference for empirical evidence is useful, especially in a world where we seem to be heading down a path of increasingly being caught up in ideological wars. The fact that he has been hi-jacked by the alt-right is laughable, as he himself has pointed out numerous times.
I think it's lint.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:11 pm

he has openly courted the alt-right and incels
"Look how happy he is"

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:01 pm

What’s it like being the most boring cunt ever?
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:12 am

9seconds wrote:he has openly courted the alt-right and incels

Where?
I think it's lint.

Return to “Miscellaneous”