Bill English's son hates on gays and emos.

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
chrisbucks

Bill English's son hates on gays and emos.

Postby chrisbucks » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:35 am

Gay and lesbian support groups are shocked that the son of a high ranking New Zealand politician has been discovered apparently posting and hosting extreme homophobic and other abuse on a public website, and continues to do so with his father's knowledge.

Bill-English.jpg
National's Deputy Leader Bill English

A teenage son of National Party Deputy Leader and spokesperson on education, Bill English, who is also the MP for Clutha/Southland, has for some months been expressing beliefs such as that 'emos' (young people who openly express emotional angst through their fashion and music) - whom he constantly equates with homosexuals - are more hated than both blacks and Jews combined, "and for good reason too." He also refers to them as "whiney faggots".

Within the past week, the page has been updated to reference a soccer match with the words "some college fags are gonna to get stabbed with katanas [Japanese fighting swords] - which he believes is "excellent."

The profile also links to a page which idolises homophobic American rapper 50 Cent and states "hu ever goes ther [apparently Wellington College] is a col fag hu evas goin 2 go ther will be turned extrmely homosexual by the outstanding number of men and young boys and well dont go 2 coll... if u r thinking of goin 2 coll..u will extremley homosexual but also be coll fagerized," and "coll and scots have combined "all boys" dances, where ur ticket in is a condom."

GayNZ.com became aware of these and similar homophobic and misogynist postings on the Bebo webpage three weeks ago, through readers' concerned emails to us. We referred the webpages to Bill English and his office for comment. Although we emailed English specifically asking if the profile page was the work of his son, no denial has been received. After numerous but fruitless attempts to discuss the posted statements and the values taught in the English household with Mr English or his spokesperson we were eventually curtly told that there would be "no comment" forthcoming, although awareness of the slurs and that they appear to have been genuinely placed by the teenager was tacitly confirmed.

Since that time, the original abuse has remained on view and even more homophobic comments have been publicly posted on the profile page. The page's content shows it is regularly visited by its creator. At any time the page could have been deleted or the comments edited.

During the anti-smacking bill debate, Bill English went on record as saying that he is "totally responsible for [his] children's physical and moral welfare," and that children need parental direction.

Spokespeople for groups working with gay and lesbian youth and the parents of gays and lesbians say such homophobic sentiments permeating the internet help to stigmatise and marginalise LGBT youth.

Invercargill-based facilitator of the Southland Gay and Lesbian Support group, Robyn Flowers, described the public postings as "revolting." She says such attitudes are all too common amongst Southlangd youth "and I am sick of it."

Flowers says she feels "ashamed that that abuse has been put out there" by a Southlander and feels it shows how much further her community has to go in accepting people's differences. "We as a community are slandered by that sort of attitude, she says, calling the comments at best "incredibly judgmental."

Linda Farr of Rainbow Youth says it is very sad to hear this prime example of homophobia from a young person. "Our young gay and lesbian people are so vulnerable," she says, especially those who are isolated in smaller centres.

"Sometimes the internet is their only form of communication or contact - and if this is all they get, then it's going to be really difficult." Farr questions what New Zealand is in for if English's party becomes the government at the next election. She says she intends to take the matter up directly with English.

Robyn Flowers says her advice to Bill English as a parent is to "have a conscience about it." She says any parent with a genuine conscience about this kind of abuse will "question it and its implications." She also questions how English can allow this attitude to exist in his family when he says he promotes Christian values. English and his wife are known to be devout Catholics.

The revelation of the homophobic abuse on the English family member's webpage comes as the Schools Secretary of the UK Government is urging schools in that country to take further action against cyberbullying and homophobic insults. A UK teachers' union survey found that 70% of teachers had heard children in their schools using homophobic language.

Statements on the Bebo profile page include:

"Anybody who's emo is a faggot, especially if they have a uterus"

"Quite frankly, you're all a bunch of skinny, white whiney faggots who are constantly complaining about how much pain you are suffering."

"Conclusive scientific evidence suggests that emos are more hated than both blacks and Jews combined, and for goods reason too.

"First ever win against the 6th form geeks. Into the regional competition where some coll fags are gonna get stabbed with katanas [Japanese fighting swords]. Excellent."

"All these [emo] bands starting being famous because, and only beacuse, they began feeding a fucking gay trend known as "Emo Life. Gay Fuckers."

"...Is that they wear the same things. Have weird people walking round doing odd poses. And they suck dick."

"notice how panic at the disco music clips are exactly the same niggas."

Links to the profile and GayNZ.com's story on the UK call to address cyberhomophobia are provided below.
‹Rob Anybody› yeh that is an implied threat... an almost threat, god you need to research what a threat is you spinless waterballon man

021 1458835

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:58 am

Everyone on Bebo should be shot. I mean, homophobic statements aside, that guy is a fucking idiot..
The parasites are excited when you're dead; eyes bulging, entering your head; and all your thoughts yeah, they rot.

kittenslayer

Postby kittenslayer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:59 am

Jeez, i don't want to diss emos anymore after reading that 8O

Former Child Star

Postby Former Child Star » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:37 am

LATEST: National deputy leader Bill English says he is consulting lawyers after a gay website launched an attack on his teenage son, accusing him of posting "extreme homophobic abuse" on a social networking website.

Yesterday, English branded as "disgusting and sick" an article on gay website GayNZ.com that named one of his teenage sons as behind a series of derogatory comments on homosexuals.

GayNZ.com reported that one of English's sons was posting and hosting anti-homosexual comments on the Bebo website and that gay and lesbian support groups were "shocked" by the remarks.

The website claimed English's son had continued his postings even after it made English aware of his son's alleged activity.

The Bebo webpage referred to in the GayNZ. com article was shut down yesterday afternoon, but The Press viewed it earlier yesterday.

There was only one apparent anti-homosexual reference on the site, which said: "First ever win against the 6th form geeks. Into the regional competition where some coll fags are gonna get stabbed with katanas (Japanese swords). Excellent."

GayNZ said more offensive remarks had been posted, and it had been alerted by readers.

It had referred the pages to English and his office for comment, but none had been forthcoming.

"After numerous but fruitless attempts to discuss the posted statements and the values taught in the English household with Mr English or his spokesperson, we were eventually curtly told that there would be 'no comment' forthcoming," GayNZ said.

The website quotes various gay and lesbian groups as saying they are saddened by homophobia on the internet.

It also questioned English's commitment to "Christian values" since English is a practising Catholic.

English told The Press he had no comment to make on the story, but later issued a statement saying he was seeking legal advice on the article, which he said made unsubstantiated claims "about the supposed views" held by his son.

"I consider this a disgusting and sick attack on a young teenager," English said.

"I expect any statement I make to be scrutinised – no-one expects the same scrutiny of every comment by anyone on an open teenage social networking site.

"All family members of public figures should be alert to the fact that any internet activity is now fair game for politics."

National leader John Key said the gay website's attempts to put the spotlight on his deputy leader's son over alleged anti-gay comments was "despicable".

Mr Key said the website had broken a long-standing convention that the children of politicians should not be dragged into public debates.

Mr Key said the only reason Mr English's son's alleged comments were being singled out was because he was the son of the National Party's deputy leader.

"It's a bit of a despicable act ... This is being raised, I would argue with you, for political reasons - not because he is anyone else's son, but because he is Bill English's son," Mr Key said on TVNZ's Breakfast programme.

"There are thousands of young New Zealanders out there that write on social networking sites. They're not being brought to task and politicians' children should be left out of the public domain."

Mr Key said social networking sites and some of the conversation on them could be "pretty rugged".

"But the reality is this has gone on since kids started talking behind the bike sheds. Part of growing up is expressing yourself. I'm not defending it, I'm just simply saying these sites are out there."

GayNZ.com editor Jay Bennie said on TV One News last night he too was seeking legal advice.

"We believe it's a very important story, we believe that legally there is nothing wrong with the story," Mr Bennie said.

- with NZPA

kittenslayer

Postby kittenslayer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:47 am

More reasons for not bothering with bebo.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:27 am

that's what you get for being gay in southland, I suppose...
I think it's lint.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:44 am

captain genious wrote:Anybody who's emo is a faggot, especially if they have a uterus

someone get this kid a tv show, this shit is hilarious :lol:

the croc

Postby the croc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:14 pm

English is a cunt for making excuses for his son.

I unfortunetly know Peter Dunnes son who is also a cock. He had a column in Ctritic last year under the pseudonym William Shakemyspeare.

An excerpt:
Just remember kids, shit sticks both ways and even if you have paper towels to clean it off, your hand will still smell funky. Like a monkey. That is hunky. And chunky. And is a junkie. But is also spunky. Please note that monkey also rhymes with a lot of cool words, thus increasing its coolness to a frosty blue on the colour scale.
Other possible animal contenders include a sheep in Southland – you’d get laid heaps. And you wouldn’t need to worry about contraception so it’s all good. Also, as a sheep you could get some tags in your ears, dye your wool black and turn all emo, going on about how the grass was greener on the other side. There are so many emo girly-men around campus these days I can only assume they are just following the flock. Dear emo bands; stop singing about how you want to kill yourself and, for the sake of us all, just do it.

Coincidence that he also talks about emos? Seriously, people should be shot for this kind of drivel.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:20 pm

ugh that's horrible!

cannot stand it how 'emo' is the common insult with joe-regular dickheads these days.

haha actually i guess it's kinda funny....

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:34 pm

the croc wrote:English is a cunt for making excuses for his son.

I unfortunetly know Peter Dunnes son who is also a cock. He had a column in Ctritic last year under the pseudonym William Shakemyspeare.

An excerpt:
Just remember kids, shit sticks both ways and even if you have paper towels to clean it off, your hand will still smell funky. Like a monkey. That is hunky. And chunky. And is a junkie. But is also spunky. Please note that monkey also rhymes with a lot of cool words, thus increasing its coolness to a frosty blue on the colour scale.
Other possible animal contenders include a sheep in Southland – you’d get laid heaps. And you wouldn’t need to worry about contraception so it’s all good. Also, as a sheep you could get some tags in your ears, dye your wool black and turn all emo, going on about how the grass was greener on the other side. There are so many emo girly-men around campus these days I can only assume they are just following the flock. Dear emo bands; stop singing about how you want to kill yourself and, for the sake of us all, just do it.

Coincidence that he also talks about emos? Seriously, people should be shot for this kind of drivel.

You wouldn't defend your own son? I mean, I can imagine being pissed at him for posting mind-numbing dumb comments on the internet, but I can also imagine being pissed at a magazine for going after your kid..

Especially if this is being jacked up..
The parasites are excited when you're dead; eyes bulging, entering your head; and all your thoughts yeah, they rot.

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:37 pm

matt youwin wrote:ugh that's horrible!

cannot stand it how 'emo' is the common insult with joe-regular dickheads these days.

It only works as an insult because emos are so fucking ridiculous. If emos were rough as nails cunts who shit gravel then it would all be different.

matt youwin

Postby matt youwin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:41 pm

i just hate it when boy-racers call anyone who doesn't look like a jock an emo ;)

Grave Dancer

Postby Grave Dancer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:45 pm

yeah....

yay hamilton :?

also remember people yelling out 'goths'

crain
niggativity scene

Postby crain » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:46 pm

oh that was me. mating call and all that.

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:47 pm

matt youwin wrote:ugh that's horrible!

Hassling emo is so 2005. Staying ahead of the game is the best way to separate your self from meatheads.
Because he's the hero Punkas deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
You make my soul complete
Rapture tastes so sweet

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:49 pm

matt youwin wrote:i just hate it when boy-racers call anyone who doesn't look like a jock an emo ;)

Yeah but one day the world will run out of gas and they will have to do their rarkies in a Prius.

vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

the croc

Postby the croc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:52 pm

Fearful_Jesuit wrote:

An excerpt:

You wouldn't defend your own son? I mean, I can imagine being pissed at him for posting mind-numbing dumb comments on the internet, but I can also imagine being pissed at a magazine for going after your kid..

No I wouldn't if he did posted that kind of stuff. It's hardly going after him, he posted that shit in the first place (assuming it's true).

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:55 pm

the croc wrote:
Fearful_Jesuit wrote:

An excerpt:

No I wouldn't if he did posted that kind of stuff. It's hardly going after him, he posted that shit in the first place (assuming it's true).

I dunno. If it was me, I'd be pissed, but I wouldn't stand to have the media go after him simply because he is my son and I'm a politician.

In fact, I don't think I'd stand to have the media go after my kids at all. Fuck that. If you can't rag on someone for defending their own kids.

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:01 pm

who wants to bet the labour party is behind this

i mean 'questioning the values taught in the english household' bollocks - come on!
thats a good way of scaring the gay etc vote away from the nats innit

i reckon its a jackup.

stupid teenagers say stupid things all the time. Look at this site!

:lol:
http://aotearoa666.com/

Danny Morrissey
"elmo fag"

Postby Danny Morrissey » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:08 pm

He's just 14.

14yos talk a lot of shit, it's not even that bad anyway, he's not directing the abuse at a person it's just general ranting.

GayNZ are a bunch of wankers hauling a 14yo through the muck to get a shot in on his dad, good one assholes.

GO GO AMERICAN STYLE GUTTER POLITICS!!!

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:10 pm

Maleficent wrote:who wants to bet the labour party is behind this

i mean 'questioning the values taught in the english household' bollocks - come on!
thats a good way of scaring the gay etc vote away from the nats innit

i reckon its a jackup.

stupid teenagers say stupid things all the time. Look at this site!

:lol:

wouldn't be surprised at all...

anyway, the kid's use of the word "gay" represents a lack of imagination due to the English households possible lack of reading material, rather than allowing homophobia to run rampant through the offspring. Better yet, let them watch black books, it builds vocabulary and teaches proper insult slinging.
dream comfort memory despair

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:29 pm

phaedrus wrote:
http://www.gaynz.com/articles/publish/35/article_4992.php wrote:The other view is that children are largely a product of home ,
Jay Bennie - 24th September 2007

Yeah, and a gay couple's kids (shutup, adopted or whatever) will be gay. Fuck that's a crap argument. Every 14 yr old is an ass, it's just the way of the world. A lot of people on here -including myself- habitually use gay as a derogatory term, whilst not actually being homophobic.

the croc

Postby the croc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:33 pm

Yeah I thought he was 17 not 14 so it does seem pretty rough because there is quite a huge gap in terms of maturity. Fuck i dunno in two minds about the whole thing.

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:44 pm

seems to boil down to bill's kid being an immature little fucker, and i don't know whether parenting can really control that.. you're right, all kids that age can be right little shits, and they'll spout vehement crap like he did without engaging the brain before typing..

i think the test of good parenting here (actually, in most cases, regardless of the parents visibility in the public eye) would be to see whether he actually matures in a couple of years, or carries on being a little shit through other means for the rest of his life...

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:01 pm

phaedrus wrote:my experience with kids tends to show that parenting is unlikely to control the behaviour, but it most likely created it in the first place.

for me the true test of bill english as a parent (and politician) would be him coming out and saying "yes, my son is responsible for these posts and i do not believe the behaviour is acceptable." and having him remove it, to show that he lives up to his earlier posturing about responsibility and family focus.

you'd hope so. in reality, i think we can expect the indignance to carry on a little while longer though..

XIBALBA

Postby XIBALBA » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:07 pm

Years later, Bill English's son a.k.a "Princess Aqua" has been spotted performing up in Auckland, dressed in drag, doing 'Hairspray' theme nights and Cabaret at Family Bar with his friends he made on GayNZ.com's private messaging, who talked him out of his chronic case of cover-up-homophobia.

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:19 pm

steeltoedsneakers wrote:
phaedrus wrote:my experience with kids tends to show that parenting is unlikely to control the behaviour, but it most likely created it in the first place.

for me the true test of bill english as a parent (and politician) would be him coming out and saying "yes, my son is responsible for these posts and i do not believe the behaviour is acceptable." and having him remove it, to show that he lives up to his earlier posturing about responsibility and family focus.

you'd hope so. in reality, i think we can expect the indignance to carry on a little while longer though..

with you on that one.
http://aotearoa666.com/

Phlegmâ„¢

Postby Phlegmâ„¢ » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:26 pm

"hu ever goes ther [apparently Wellington College] is a col fag hu evas goin 2 go ther will be turned extrmely homosexual by the outstanding number of men and young boys and well dont go 2 coll... if u r thinking of goin 2 coll..u will extremley homosexual but also be coll fagerized," and "coll and scots have combined "all boys" dances, where ur ticket in is a condom.

His original audience were probably 14 year old boys. The 14 year old me would have found the above quote hilarious. All the gay organization, if it was them, has done is widen his audience by going to the media.

http://smalltakeover.blogspot.com Updated with downloads from Trusty, Big Drill Car and Chemical People

XIBALBA

Postby XIBALBA » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:02 pm

It's just a reflection of the derogatory status attained by the word gay, plus immaturity. My younger brother says shit like that all the time, probably on his bebo too. I said shit like that when I was that age, I'd say most here did to varying degrees.
I think it's lint.

Return to “Current Affairs”