MDC Tour Drama

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
9seconds

MDC Tour Drama

Postby 9seconds » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:18 pm

heres the other side of the story.

Christie wrote:.. What a shit storm this all is... I met Jesse in March when I joined the tour for a week... (I've known Dave and Al for over 20 years and have toured with them several times back then and presently) Jesse was cool. Sweet, quiet and I noticed he was on the phone a lot to Tove. He and I talked and he told me about her, saying she was sick and he knew he'd have to eventually take care of her. This is info that he only shared with me.. Dave had no idea until I told him later. So that short time with them was good.

I joined them again for a 20 day tour and again, everything was cool -Jesse did complain to me that Dave said he'd give him and Mike an extra $50 to help with the merch table (which is what I was doing) but he never did. He'd come to the table but never stuck around.. Anyway ......

So off to Europe. Jesse went ahead a week or so before us to meet up with Tove. BTW.. Dave payed for everyone's R/T airline tickets . So Jesse was not stranded, only delayed in leaving unless he could change the ticket date. Also, we knew Tove had friends and family around and in London... They were not tourists with no connections...Ok.. So we arrived at Arno's (merch guy ) and I had never met Tove or Arno . I walked in back and immediately felt the vibe from Tove.. I would normally say hi and hug but she was not warm. I said hi to them and went back out. When I came back Arno got up and gave me a hug- what a relief ... I thought it was gonna be weird and I mentioned this right away... ( I don't hold on to emotions when it comes to communication- it's far to important to me). The next 5 days were ok... For me. I can't speak for others , I can only share my experience. Tove and Jesse kept to themselves mostly.. Always took the best rooms at hotels and didn't even consider that Dave and I (older) were a couple and maybe would have liked a double bed once in awhile too but anyway....doesn't really matter - just a point that they were not very considerate of everyone else...

So Viva la Punk was the first incident that I noticed we may have a problem..----*NewsBreak- Tove blocked me a few hours ago and has now posted a message to Dave on HER page (so convenient that I can not see it) she's saying she never posted her experience in Europe - which is BS. Both Jesse and Tove started posting to FB immediately when in Austria.

Ok .. @Viva... So not a big deal really... Mike met some girls , was talking to all of us about them and mentioned they wanted to get on stage with MDC during a song... (Mike is cute, sweet and harmless ... Honestly.. I think this is the only incident he was a part of) so he was excited and I thought it was cute but Tove had no problem sharing her opinion and with a facial/audible expression she says "Disgusting"... I said "really?"... Mike got hurt and didn't understand ... considering he met Tove years before on tour and she was flirting etc with him. Before she hooked up with Jesse.

So Mike was upset and we were talking by the van... I noticed Tove and Jesse were by the side listening.. So I spoke up - I told Mike not to worry about her opinion- it's not her life and if she doesn't like yours then she shouldn't concern herself with it. It is not affecting her or anyone else. I met the girls and they were sweet and having fun. They did get on stage and give Mike a kiss and then Dave gave Mike a kiss... It's pretty cute! There is a video of it too :wink: ... Ok hmm... I remember incidents with others... She would jump on stage after the set to "see Jesse" and wasn't aware she was stepping on cords, they also did not help much/if at all with loading ... They just did their own thing- separate from the group... (I think that's lame)... I was told by Mike that I called her a bitch at a venue ... I don't remember - I was drinking. But I know if I did then I meant it... Just saying.

So on to the last day... We stopped at a rest stop and I was cool with her. I even gave her half my scripts of flexeril days before cuz Jesse said she didn't feel well. I honestly was doing my best to avoid conflicting personalities.... So an hour drive to the next venue and Dave was not happy- he felt very disrespected already with her rudeness and self entitled attitude. Jesse had complained to Arno that He was being rude to Tove cuz he didn't say "good morning" to her .. While Tove never said good morning to Dave or even thank him or any kind of appreciation for being on tour . This is something that bothers Dave. He is generous, with old school values, manners and respect. Something he hopes to receive in return. Tove , I noticed had none of that. Ok... In the van ( for an hour) Dave made a comment about a " lollipop ride" -which I didn't understand- but that they understood and they looked back at him asking if he was referring to them... And he said no... We arrived at the venue and we loaded in ( minus Tove and Jesse) . I went to the van ( Tove inside) and asked her if she saw a store near by and she flipped out on me saying " don't talk to me christie, you've caused enough problems already" - I said "whoa, what are you talking about? What happened in the last hour?" What the fuck.,,, she had got out of the van and turned against me like a little kid with their arms folded... I said "we need to communicate - communication is key " - still nothing from her.., I said " you know what?, you need to go home then" and walked away and called her a c u Next Tuesday .... I was heated and told Dave, Jesse was already approaching Dave. Tove was by the van about 15 yards away and Jesse in between - just for the record, when Dave gets mad he gets loud and fired up... It's not often and he does let it build up but he is Not violent. I admit it it is scary to see him that way... So he yelled at her- about her ruining the tour , not getting along with people and acting entitled with no appreciation- so, I'm not sure if anyone has seen Dave That livid before but I can understand why someone may get nervous... ( I hate it) ... But he was not close enough to spit on her - as they said and did not lay a finger on her. Jesse started overreacting and I guess he was scared. Dave can be pretty scary when he yells. Then Jesse said "I'm outta here", took his cymbals and walked away... My opinion regarding this is Jesse noticed right away that Tove wasn't "playing well with others" and never considered anyone else's feelings but hers. He not once stood up for his band mates, whom he's known much longer and who considered him a friend. I noticed They both were very interested in how much $ was coming in from merch, Tove even offered to do "the door" at one of the squats (while bragging to someone how wealthy her family is) and Jesse complained he wasn't getting his fair share... Anyways... Dave came back in , a bit nervous from having no drummer which would totally end the tour and put him in debt for well over 10,000 , plus IOUs for merch and everything the rest of the crew would lose. . And pretty much at once everyone brought up Al- we called and Al was on a plane 4 hours later. I think Jesse immediately regretted what happened And sent Alex (driver) to talk to Dave but it was too late. Bill gave Jesse $100 and Dave reimbursed him. Alex asked Dave to help them and Dave gave another $200 to Alex to give them. I don't know what they (Tove and Jesse) hoped to achieve but obviously they never considered the fact that Dave would stand his ground and never be manipulated like that . What they are posting and blasting across FB is bullshit ... Lie after lie . It's sad to me that they feel the need to lie about this , insult people and cause all this drama. I think all this could have been totally different if Tove had just smiled or said hi once in a while.

Dave’s add On
I read what Christie said …it is dead on. What I want to say to add to this and most of you know some of this this already …but just how very sad this all really is to me…

I met Jesse about 9 years ago when he went to tour on the MDC/Embrace To Kill USA Tour … We did 60 plus shows on that with a break in the middle … It was a long great tour and we all got very tight. When you meet Jesse you can’t help but like him. He is easy and sweet and unassuming. I couldn’t help but think of him playing for us if Al couldn’t due to his legal problems. We all got along good and after a certain amount of time Jesse did indeed start subbing in for Al.

Jesse, Mike Smith and I started fooling around as a three piece w me on guitar. We were calling it “Dave Dictor and the Dead Constables”. We were starting to book it in Hawaii…I told them MDC’s situation. The promoters really wanted MDC … we weren’t sure Al could do it w his strict probation. His case worker wasn’t giving him a definitive answer. Then finally, Al got the go ahead. We decided to do it as MDC but still I bought a ticket for Jesse. We played with Al but did a few songs w Jesse every night. We had a lot fun together, went diving w turtles in Maui. Jesse and Mike got matching MDC/Sea Turtle tattoos. We all got very tight. Months later, Al even paid for part of Jesse’s $400 Marijuana ticket he got in Arizona when busted at a Border Patrol highway stop on tour with us. Eventually we planned an album and Jesse starting practicing with us 3 times a week. Ron or I would drive Jesse to and from practice nearly all the time. He was also playing with Dirty Kid Discount. He made no money with them so we tried to be understanding of how much hustling he was doing.

Jesse, like many, has worked a series of $9- $11 dollar an hour jobs. Jesse also has 3 children from 2 different women and the government taps him for most of his paychecks. As an adult in his late thirties he lives with his parents and sleeps on the kitchen floor. He was raised poor and I feels all this will never improve and I can see how it all affects him.

In the states w MDC, Ron and I figured we could afford to pay people $300 a week plus $10 a day per diem plus and provide a food box so no one is ever hungry in our van. That is our promise and we always stick to it even. We also spring for sticks and skins for the drums. Jesse quite often uses these drums for other projects with my okay. Last year in Europe (our return to Europe tour after seven years) we were able to pay Mike and Jesse $1800 (which they signed for upon receiving) for a 46 day tour. Ron and I made almost twice that and we thought it fair considering this is our band of 37 years. We buy the tickets, handle all the business, hire a van, driver, merchandise, prepare the art and a lot of little things necessary when a band goes to Europe. These are our songs and music that we created and doesn’t play on. Some of the merchandise we have attained through the years like when Boner Records just gave us 600 CD’s a few years back when they just got out of the record business.

Lately, I could tell Jesse didn’t get our reasoning or think his share was big enough. Last fall he started commenting to Mike and Arno (our European merch person) about how he felt it was unfair. He went away last fall on a 2 month Dirty Kid Tour. Got home and right away went to New Zealand and visited Tove this winter for 2-3 months and got married. Tove and I in April/May began messaging and she stated to me she was very angry at the way Jay Crash had treated Jesse. I got that because Jay has a certain dominating way about him and can take you for granted. Somewhere in there was the vibe to me she was going to straighten out Jesse’s affairs and prevent him from getting short changed from now on. That vibe continued right into the tour and Christie tells the story pretty good from there.

I am saddened by the whole affair. Ron and others warned me not to take an unknown on tour with us, Not only am I having to deal with their internet nastiness and lies but I lost someone I thought was a friend.
"Look how happy he is"

9seconds

Re: MDC Tour Drama

Postby 9seconds » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:57 pm

"Look how happy he is"

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Literal nightmares huh

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Interesting to hear another side to the story....
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Its been claimed a note was nailed to toves door threatening her, obviously she's a pathological liar, but Dave has asked that nobody here in NZ do anything like that on behalf of the band.
"Look how happy he is"

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:34 pm

i'm confused. did some random auckland girl hook up with one of them on the tour here and then carry on overseas with them and cause dramas or something? not sure if i care but mdc are a bit of an old favourite and influence from way back.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Basically it
"Look how happy he is"

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:05 am

like a rubbish version of yoko except she picked a band member that doesn't really matter by the sound of it
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:01 pm

hahaha

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:34 pm

:explainittomelikeimfive:
"Look how happy he is"

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:23 pm

Good to see the punk scene is still extremely into high school level drama
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:51 am

some more than others
"Look how happy he is"

Return to “Current Affairs”