Hospital vege food...

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
Tartanperil

Hospital vege food...

Postby Tartanperil » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:00 pm

...don't do it in case you were wondering. Bring your own.

I've had one decent meal, one average and about 4 or 5 that weren't even really meals as such.

The bizzarest thing so far was a dinner of 4 cheese rolls, well seasoned and buttered, with soup.
Not that bad you may think - yeah, I'm in a cardio ward :roll: wtf?

Marrow
real poo particles

Re: Hospital vege food...

Postby Marrow » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:00 am

Serious question, what does being in the cardio ward have to do with bread and soup?
I know some places that you go, if you specify vegetarian you get way better food than everyone else, because they cook it as needed, not churning out 100+ boxes at a time
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Fat and carbs, often in the form of cheese-rolls are what put me here. Other than crisps or lard deepfried in more lard I couldn't think of a less suitable for people who've just had massive heart attacks.

Sady, in Dunedin at least, the vegeterian option is not great.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Yep, cheeserolls in a cardio ward is a bit wierd.
Get well soon!
Uncinia vector

Lamb

Postby Lamb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Hospital food = shit all round.

Lamb

Postby Lamb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:06 pm

this has made me crave cheese rolls and tomato soup though...

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Plane veggie food is usually better than the usual stuff though, which is pretty awesome. And you usually get it first.

Keeping in mind that all plane food is shit so the bar is pretty low

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Most long haul food is pretty dece these days. Especially the airlines that do their national foods (eg Korean Airlines with their bibimbap )
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

buckton

Postby buckton » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:46 pm

I was quite surprised that I got food on my last domestic flights (Perth-Melbourne) on both Qantas and Virgin, included in the ticket price and was the lowest price one too. It was pretty unmemorable though, pie and something else on evening flight and frittata on a morning flight. I don't know why they never did before and could never justify spending an extra $50 on the ticket that gets a $10-15 meal. When I first moved to Australia Virgin Blue wanted $4 for a cup of filter coffee. Get FUHUHUHUHUCKED.
ImageImageImage

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:24 pm

Emirates food is great.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

buckton

Postby buckton » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:11 am

yeah I just looked at the difference in price though and $150 each way (booking well in advance) I'd be expecting at least half a crayfish for that!
ImageImageImage

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:21 am

Cost depends on the route, it was actually barely more expensive for me to return to NZ with them, and meant my flights are about 35 hours overall, rather than 60+
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

nazi scum

Postby nazi scum » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:36 pm

What more evidence do you need that a vegan diet is bad for you, you've ended up in hospital.

Seriously though, get well soon.
i say all islamic people are welcome, just leave your fuckin shitty religion at the door.

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:06 pm

I'm actually pescatarian (ie vego plus fish), pretty much for cardio as well as moral reasons. But some say the previous 40 odd years of both good and a lot of bad foods, regular excess alcohol mixed with bad genes and slack exercise may have contributed.

Cheers, recovery looking good so far - I'll live long enough to taunt you again ;)

Whitey

Postby Whitey » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:19 am

When I was in hospital I advised them in the ER that I was vege in the hope that when I got into the ward I'd have vege food. When the food came around, they served me a Chicken meal and then were surprised I wouldn't eat it. Fortunately for me, I told the next nurse that came in and he was into some strange hippy religion; so was vege himself. He went ballistic and couldn't believe that they served me chicken. Not only did he then go and yell at the other nurses, but then came back with loads of vege food for me. It was hospital vege food, but better than nothing.

FC wrote:Emirates food is great.

This. Except when they get it wrong and don't load enough vege food onto the plane.
BigBadBazza wrote:keep your shit life experiences for facebook status updates

old school punk

Postby old school punk » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 pm

FC wrote:Emirates food is great.

There vegan meals where great
Any touring bands coming down south if you need flyers put up i can do it [free]

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”