Favourite Dinner Recipe?

Share your recipes and great shopping spots with the rest of us.
Whitey

Favourite Dinner Recipe?

Postby Whitey » Tue May 18, 2010 1:54 pm

I can't think of what the make for dinner tonight so I thought I'd see what everyones favourite dinner recipe to make was.
I've had a look through the 'vegan recipes' thread and there's some good stuff there, but nothing really stands out for me.

Discuss.
BigBadBazza wrote:keep your shit life experiences for facebook status updates

EuphoricMilk

Re: Favourite Dinner Recipe?

Postby EuphoricMilk » Tue May 18, 2010 8:38 pm

If I feel like something with minimal effort and decent taste I like to fry up an onion with a bunch of veges, then chuck in a tin of tomatos and a tin of chilli beans, add whichever spices I have to taste (tonight it's just cayanne pepper and chilli pepper) then simmer til deliciousness happens.
Good with nachoes, burritos etc.
BlerrrrhggggZorT!!!!

deathbyejaculation

Postby deathbyejaculation » Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Stir frys are pretty awesome
Former Child Star wrote:show stolen by punchy the party girl

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Thu May 20, 2010 5:41 pm

HUR HUR HURR HURR STEAK WITH EXTRA MEAT AND MEAT SAUC... blah blah.

fried udon has been kickin my ass lately. so good. oh and enchiladas.
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu May 20, 2010 8:18 pm

today i made broccoli soup and stirfry with rice, the brocc soup was fuckin brilliant if i do say so, heres the recipe i didnt follow.
http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/soup1 ... lisoup.htm

the stirfry was retardedly easy, packet of stirfry vegies, onion, cashew nuts, sweet thai sauce, curry powder, soy sauce, garlic, ginger..
boiled up some rice and fuck, less than 20mins from go to wo, and only that long cos of the rice.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon May 24, 2010 7:00 pm

either pumpkin or kumara soup. Perfect dinner in this sort of weather.
lots of onion, garlic,cumin, fried up, then add the veges of choice and a whole lot of vege stock and simmer. When everything's mushy, mash it up, then eat hot with buttery toast.
If you make a big pot of it then there will be enough for lunch, or freeze for some night when you can't be buggered cooking.
Uncinia vector

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Tue May 25, 2010 12:02 am

I made lentil and potato curry tonight.

Lentils, potatos, broccoli/whatever veges, fried onion + curry powder, bisto, peanut butter and water. Yup.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Tue May 25, 2010 7:53 am

what is bisto -something with msg in?
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Tue May 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Gravy mix. :P

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue May 25, 2010 5:32 pm

roast potatoes, jerusalem artichokes, swede, garlic, onions, whatever else I can find to roast, with salmon cakes (sorry, but true)
Uncinia vector

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Tue May 25, 2010 6:02 pm

i should hope ya sorry! those poor poor salmons :cry:

dinner at our place usually depends on what the supermarket has thrown out on the few days before ha. tonight is fresh tricolour fettuccine with a cream and parmesan sauce and coleslaw. followed by a feijoa and apple crumble cause there's heaps falling off the tree at the moment and too many jars of apple in the cupboard, homemade stramberry jam in the crumble mix too.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue May 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Yum, sounds good akaxo. Think I'm going to do fejoa apple crumble too. Oh yeah, have a bag of granny smiths for you if you want too. And some Zantedeschia tubers.

didn't end up doing poor leetle salmon cakes- found the packet of vege samosas and spring rolls in the freezer. Just eating them now, waiting for the veges to finish. And no oil left- so everythings baked.
Uncinia vector

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Tue May 25, 2010 7:00 pm

dustbinflowers wrote:Zantedeschia tubers

no idea what these are but keen as :D ohh granny smith apples are one of my favs thanks, will pop over some time soon

got left over pumpkin soup in the pasta sauce too, first leeks from the garden in it

SupaScoopa

Postby SupaScoopa » Wed May 26, 2010 7:56 am

A fav dinner recipe – nothing flash:
Pan fried Tempe – for the last 30seconds throw in some Master foods satay sauce (vegan)
Serve in a toasted MacKenzie Country wholegrain burger bun with avocado, shredded carrot, baby spinach, & sprouts.

Another easy & delish dinner:

Food process all the leaves of one Basil plant (Supermarket bought) with 2T Olive oil, 1/3c pine nuts, ¼ cup Cashews or walnuts & some nutritional yeast if you have it + seasoning.
Panfry some cubed tofu or Tempe. Stir a table spoon of pesto in while cooking.
Cook some penne pasta or fettuccine until al dente. Stir pesto/Tempe/pasta together and serve.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Wed May 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Zantedeschia tubers= Calla Lilies- got a lolly mix of colours if you are into- no good to eat, but very styley flowers.

Uncinia vector

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Fri May 28, 2010 12:42 pm

looks a bit homosexual :wink: and the sort of thing i'd probably rip up to make room for a food crop ha

SupaScoopa

Postby SupaScoopa » Fri May 28, 2010 8:49 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:today i made broccoli soup and stirfry with rice, the brocc soup was fuckin brilliant if i do say so, heres the recipe i didnt follow.
http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/soup1 ... lisoup.htm

Saw this post then made it myself for dinner the other night.... 10/10.. fucking delissssh! Tasted like it had way more calories than it did too..... (Made it with lite soymilk)

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri May 28, 2010 9:26 pm

haha, i made a diff version with 5 broccs, it was too much so i froze it, thawed it tonight, chucked it in a roasting dish grated bread and cheese on top and cooked it up... yum as only problem is i cant eat it all again... theres nobody else here wtf will i do with it?

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Slice potatos into 1cm rounds. Do the same with some leek and some tofu. Add a couple of whole round flat mushrooms, or slice up button mushrooms. Put all in an oven dish.

Chop up some garlic finely, Add whatever spices, miso paste or vege stock, and warm water together into a stock, pou over the veges and tofu, and bung in the oven at 160ish degrees C. It's ready to eat when the potato is soft and the stock is reduced to a glaze or thick gravy.
Uncinia vector

kettles

Postby kettles » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:37 pm

EuphoricMilk wrote:If I feel like something with minimal effort and decent taste I like to fry up an onion with a bunch of veges, then chuck in a tin of tomatos and a tin of chilli beans, add whichever spices I have to taste (tonight it's just cayanne pepper and chilli pepper) then simmer til deliciousness happens.
Good with nachoes, burritos etc.

do you put the spices in before or after the tomatoes/beans? I've found that giving spices a good fry with the oil/onions brings out a nicer flavour.

My fav at the moment is taco's with my own mix of veges/beans. chop up heaps of veges into small chunks (lots of capsicum, mushroom and brocolli is good) and mash up some kidney beans on a plate. fry the onions and some garlic, chuck in some ground rosemary/whatever you have, then add the veges and get them as soft as you like. I like mine only half cooked, chuck in an oxo cube or other vegan stock powder, add the mashed beans and fry them for a little while, finally throw in some chopped/pureed tomatoes, but be careful how much you add because if it's too runny it'll be hard to stuff the taco's. cook that shit for a few minutes longer because cooked tomatoes are nicer than uncooked. at some point you should have chucked some taco shells in the oven and cook them to where they start browning at the edges (takes about 5 minutes on high heat so keep an eye on them). smash that shit into the shells and chow the fuck down. the important part is getting the amount of beans right, if there's too much it'll taste all beany. start with a small amount until you get the hang of it. other things you can add are lemon juice, chili, mixed spices as you please

kettles

Postby kettles » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:39 pm

dustbinflowers wrote:Slice potatos into 1cm rounds. Do the same with some leek and some tofu. Add a couple of whole round flat mushrooms, or slice up button mushrooms. Put all in an oven dish.

Chop up some garlic finely, Add whatever spices, miso paste or vege stock, and warm water together into a stock, pou over the veges and tofu, and bung in the oven at 160ish degrees C. It's ready to eat when the potato is soft and the stock is reduced to a glaze or thick gravy.

sounds delicious, definitely giving this a go

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:52 pm

I think if it's layered its called a gratin?

anyway, yummy, and good on cold winter nights. It goes well with a bit of chutney.
Uncinia vector

Return to “Vegetarian and Vegan”