What´s for eats?

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
Max

Re: What´s for eats?

Postby Max » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:16 am

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Really hungry, back in Dunedin with no food in the house. Really want pizza but it is raining, I'd have to get dressed and probably nothing is open. First world problems.
Uncinia vector

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:38 am

Cooked my own PHO. Okay, i have to try again.

Max

Postby Max » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:56 pm

Finally got hard boiled eggs down. Steaming is better than boiling as with most things. 12 minutes otherwise they go green and tasteless. put them in cold water for 5 minutes afterwards. Crack them in the middle and peal with the flat of your thumb.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:36 pm

Green?! Wtf are you doing with them?
Also 12 minutes seems like a long time.
I tend to start in cold water, bring to boil and plunge into cold water after 4 minutes.
Uncinia vector

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:02 am

Rob wrote:you are down a dead end street with no hope of every doing anything

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:51 am

Smoked salmon and summer veges, left over from the guided group of walkers I cooked for last night.
Uncinia vector

Max

Postby Max » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Leeks are awesome. Not really part of the traditional kiwi meat and 3 veg with potatoes, carrots and peas/cabbage/cauli/whatever but honestly one of the best veges you can eat. Get over the anti-Welsh prejudice.

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:11 am

Got stuck into cooking a vege lasagne last night to enjoy with a bottle of red and the footy. Layers of mushroom, eggplant, zucchini, bechamel, fresh mozzarella, tomato/basil sauce and plenty of fresh parmesan. Pretty happy with the result, and leftover work lunch today was fappable.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:03 pm

Goddamn that looks good.

I'm eating a can of spaghetti someone left behind. Added the last of my cheddar cheese to it. I am looking forwards to resupply day tomorrow when my groceries will come in.
Uncinia vector

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:47 am

Thanks!

Tonight's a very different picture... I mean, how is it even possible that I can buy from the supermarket a bunch of bananas, a proper heavy loaf of German blitzbread, a tub of organic yogurt, a 1.5 of mineral wasser and a 700ml of wodka for 9,95 euro?? I fucking love this country sometimes. European dinner is served! Not to mention the wodka is Berlin's finest brand Gorbatschow! :lol:

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:18 am

@Dusties, I didn't mean for that to sound as a brag or anything. Just got a bit excited for my score.

What do you mean by resupply? Are you in the bush? Not stranded from weather fuckery I hope...?

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:15 pm

Food is definately cheaper in Germany.
Aussie is okay as I have Vietnamese green grocers for dirt cheap, aldi, and also the bins are chockas. But when I was back in nz at Christmas the cost of food actually blew me away. Its fucked . Especially fresh produce .
I got fruit from road side vendors and ate bp pies. The supermarkets were absurdly expensive

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:26 pm

Kerry wrote:Thanks!

Tonight's a very different picture... I mean, how is it even possible that I can buy from the supermarket a bunch of bananas, a proper heavy loaf of German blitzbread, a tub of organic yogurt, a 1.5 of mineral wasser and a 700ml of wodka for 9,95 euro?? I fucking love this country sometimes. European dinner is served! Not to mention the wodka is Berlin's finest brand Gorbatschow! :lol:

That does sound brag-worthy.
I'm managing a tramping lodge in Fiordland. Got most of the groceries I ordered, no fresh veges turned up though.
Too busy to actually stop and make a meal -since Milford and Routeburn have been shut it has been 45 people every night. I almost ate a can of cold canned corn beef today as a meal. Luckily my work mate put crackers and cheese in front of me.
Bed. Six hours before I have to get up again.
Uncinia vector

Max

Postby Max » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:19 pm

I stayed at a cabin in the Fagaras mountains in Romania where the owners kept goats and provided goat soup and milk. Nearest shop was about 6 hours walk away so they had to be self sufficient. Their son was competent in English.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:58 pm

I do cook porridge in the mornings for every visitor. I think we should just do basic guesthouse soup. Still, the fancy rich people pay for the track..
Uncinia vector

Return to “Miscellaneous”