Quitting smoking...

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
dave-brown

Quitting smoking...

Postby dave-brown » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:19 am

Cigarettes, removing them from your life. Nipping them in the butt, one might say, (Although that would be rather mumpsimus).
Has anyone succesfully given up? How long did it take. What has the hardest thing?What helped etc.

I stopped smoking about two months ago. I still dont crave them, I have very little interest in them. And i still go out to gigs and parties etc no dramas. I can drink now and not need them. I do fiddle with things, and always put nails and skrews in my mouth at work (subconsiously). I also pick my nose relentlessly now.

And im far grumpier than usual. Still after two months
I kind of hate people, especially strangers, more than usual. Im kind of becoming an argumentative dick who has to be right. Im generally pretty layed back and care about very little, but not as of recent.
When does this subside? Evidently withdrawls can last 4 months, but then again i just read that off some site which could be bollix. What you reckon? Maybe my grumpyness is coincidental. ???

Dubpunker

Re: Quitting smoking...

Postby Dubpunker » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:20 am

Cool man. RESPECT!!!

i stopped smokeing two month ago too (30.01.2017). the first week was horror for me. after a few weeks it works better and better but i still miss it specially at the weekend (friday and sat. night).

fun fact: since i stopped smoking i stopp drinking alcohol too. but i think this is not forever. :-)

my family loved that i quitt and i like that i save a lot of money (around 30 euro/week).

my reward after one month: a uci cinema unlimited card. i love it.

drawback: i can´t stay for a longer time in smokeing areas (bars/shows). difficult for me at the moment.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:39 am

Diesel told me once that quitting smoking was as simple as not buying smokes, not putting them in your mouth and not lighting them which I thought was pretty horseshit but I quit smoking on 1/1/17 and it's been pretty much no big deal. I had two cigars on my wedding day but apart from that it's been no big deal turning them down at shows even when I've been totalled.

It's different for everyone obviously but I'm pretty sure Angus just put the pack down one day too. It will probably get to the point where I'll have a few on the piss every once in fuck all but this finding a reason to smoke everyday shit is gone for good.

Oh wait, I chew an absolute fuckton of gum now. So try that maybe I dunno

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:18 am

I used champix for a couple of days, didn't do the full course because it made me even more psychotic than usual. Went cold turkey after that. Haven't had a cigarette in a year and a half, which is a good run. Second place to a year and three years. Don't think I'll go back to it. It was getting to be really nasty.

I find it harder to give up booze which I've been in rehab for three times now. Piss is really hard to give up. If you're an alcoholic it's like having a smack habit.

TLDR, I managed to quit tobacco but am still an alcoholic who hates people
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:13 pm

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:Diesel told me once that quitting smoking was as simple as not buying smokes, not putting them in your mouth and not lighting them

fuck i quit for 2 years no prob not a single puff but i started again cos i'm an idiot and now i cant stop again :explainittomelikeimfive:

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:02 pm

Quit for a few years then started up again a couple of months back at work. Ended up buying one of those stupid mouth fedora vaping machines and a weeks worth of the lowest strength patches and it's going well enough so far.

I fucking love smoking, but I did it for too long and my lungs just aren't keen.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:57 pm

mmmm....good crack wrote:
Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:Diesel told me once that quitting smoking was as simple as not buying smokes, not putting them in your mouth and not lighting them

fuck i quit for 2 years no prob not a single puff but i started again cos i'm an idiot and now i cant stop again :explainittomelikeimfive:

Bro it's as simple as not buying smokes, not putting them in your mouth and not lighting them

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:37 am

Dubpunker wrote:my family loved that i quitt and i like that i save a lot of money (around 30 euro/week).

Ah shot bro. Yeah the monetary side is sweet eh.
Thats partly why I quit. I'm now on first year apprentice wages and simply cant afford cigarettes
But you spend 30 euro a week? That seems allot, or do you smoke pre rolled?
Would be harder quitting in a country where everyone smokes in pubs.

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote: I had two cigars on my wedding day

You got married? Jesus you are a secretive guy. Congrats. Howd you doup her into marrying ya? With an engagement gift of two live stock and promise of many more to come?. You always had that dairy farmer look about ya.
Also nice work on quitting, maybe we could start a support group, where we meet once a week in a church basement and have homebrand instant coffee and imitation ginger nuts and cry on each others shoulders. The coffee would only ever be luke warm too as theyd have one of those oversized automated water heating devices that are attatched to the wall and never quite get to boiling point. Good times.
Thats kind of like the one A.A meeting i went to, then half way through they were like "And the only way you can give up your alcoholic demons, is to exorcise them through Jesus christ" , it was all overwhelmingly evangelical and I went to the bottle store afterwards.
I did later attend another alcohol and drug rehabilitation course. This was government ran and I attended due to a court order. There were no biscuits. But i got a laminated certificate to verify my attendance upon completion. IT hangs on my wall next to my Forklift license.
Anyway I segwayed quite severely, where was I
Oh yes. Cigarettes are stink. How can anyone in nz afford them now an
yway theyre like $70 a 50 gram eh? Whats the black market like there. Theres always a dodgy vietnamese guy around my.neighbourhood peddling chop chol for half the price. Tastes rank though and I could never stomach it

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:
mmmm....good crack wrote:

Bro it's as simple as not buying smokes, not putting them in your mouth and not lighting them

i fuckin know g. dont know why i'm finding that so hard when its so fucking simple

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:11 pm

I can't speak for smokes specifically, but I've harboured quite a grumpiness for either leaving the house or spending any money whatsoever. I also convince myself that 3 beers on a night feels good as while 4+ beers makes me feel terrible for a whole week, but it's at least partly true. :baton:
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:37 pm

i quit when i was 21 til i was 26, but started again when i lived in wellies cos all i did was drink.

never really been able to quit again 10 years later, funny thing is, if i dont drink i dont need em, not at all, just dont care if im not having a beer.

but i seldom go more than a week or two without drinking so ciggies are an ever present waste of health and money, its gotten so bad i will actually buy taylormades
"Look how happy he is"

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Mon May 01, 2017 6:33 am

dave-brown wrote:I stopped smoking about two months ago.

How is it going, are you still smoke free?

For me its very difficult at the Moment.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Tue May 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Dubpunker wrote:

Mate, i dunno how but im still smoke free. Not even inticed at all by the smell. Find them repulsive. But i am still quite quick tempered, that will hopefully subside soon. I only miss the habitual side. My hands are always fidgeting. I pick my nose allot and use my phone far too much. Probably why im on punkas so much lol. Punkas helped me quit !
How u going? You tried patches or electronic smokes or nything?

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Sat May 06, 2017 9:16 am

dave-brown wrote:
Dubpunker wrote:

Mate, i dunno how but im still smoke free. Not even inticed at all by the smell. Find them repulsive. But i am still quite quick tempered, that will hopefully subside soon. I only miss the habitual side. My hands are always fidgeting. I pick my nose allot and use my phone far too much. Probably why im on punkas so much lol. Punkas helped me quit !
How u going? You tried patches or electronic smokes or nything?

Congrats. Good on you!!

my smoke free app on my mobil said that i quit 95 days ago and i safed 444,96 euro (16 cigaretts a day), 1865,26 mg hydrogen cyanide and 1147,86 mg nicotine blabla. i feel good and i think i´m on a good way. last weekend i went to a festival and i was so happy, that it was forbidden to smoke inside.

in all that time i had 4 fall-backs; every time in conjunction with alcohol (beer). :?

Punkas helped me quit ! :lol:

You tried patches or electronic smokes or nything? Never ever. in the past i stopped for more than 4 years and i know that it works. this time it is much harder but i stick to it.

ALL THE BEST!

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Sat May 06, 2017 9:16 am

fun fact: i missed the last rise in prices

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:03 pm

Dubpunker wrote:fun fact: i missed the last rise in prices

Du bist rauchen?

I had a puff a month ago. It sickened me. I think im 100 percent over them eh. Was a 6 month long process

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:20 pm

Congrats!

I'm smoke free since six month and its absolutly great. i feel good and healthy.

But i'm not safe. Three month ago i stopped drinking beer too.

xdubpunkerx haha

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:08 pm

ive been trying to quit, but every time i drink i fucking crave them
"Look how happy he is"

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:08 pm

ive been trying to quit, but every time i drink i fucking crave them
"Look how happy he is"

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:57 am

Just quit life you posers.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:36 am

Dubpunker wrote:Congrats!

I'm smoke free since six month and its absolutly great. i feel good and healthy.

But i'm not safe. Three month ago i stopped drinking beer too.

xdubpunkerx haha

Nice work bro. Less money on smokes = money for records.
Dont think i could give up the grog, been a week since my last beer and in getting a bit weird.Also my drunk friends are quite annoying and its easier to join in than to put up with lol

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 am

General Mutante wrote:Just quit life you posers.

Lol tell ya what andy. Ill quit being a quitter when you refrain from being an old cynical prickfor atleast 24 hours.
I played this game with Stinky back in wellington. Id hide his beer and only drip feed him one at a time when he stopped being grumpy and started saying nice things to people.
Last edited by dave-brown on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:56 pm

That must have been a challenge.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:48 pm

General Mutante wrote:That must have been a challenge.

It was surprisingly effective, until he got his beer.....then he'd be a cunt for the next 330ml

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:03 pm

dave-brown wrote:Also my drunk friends are quite annoying and its easier to join in than to put up with lol

Get out your camera and chuck 'em on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-ELYdxmHE&t=1m22s
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:10 pm

Dead Kid wrote:
dave-brown wrote:Also my drunk friends are quite annoying and its easier to join in than to put up with lol

Get out your camera and chuck 'em on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-ELYdxmHE&t=1m22s

That video made me angry

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 pm

But how do we monetize that?

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 pm

ended up quitting drinking for a bit cos that always fucked me up and it was easy. just too bloody much $$ now for that shit.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:50 pm

cost me $60 last night for 30gram of capstan, papers, filters and one jim beam and coke.
"Look how happy he is"

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:47 am

1 year smoke free.

good work dubpunker. thanks punkass.

Return to “Miscellaneous”