Go Mine! A tabletop game based on New Zealands mineral extraction industries.

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums

Go Mine! A tabletop game based on New Zealands mineral extraction industries.

Postby sticky » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:34 pm

Reposting this here for visibility because you have to have an account to see the Art and DIY board.

Some of you may remember Ruth from necropolis days in Auckland or you might have seen her playing accordion in Whiskey and the Wench. She has been working on this project for a while.

Based on New Zealand's mineral extraction industries, Go Mine is a subversive game which allows players to act as corporate tycoon's intent on mining the planet for resources. In the process, action cards are collected to be used in attack or defence against opponents. Shipments are created and exported, allowing players to gain the points needed for further mining and future bribing. Bribed officials provide players with continuous privledges throughout the game.

During their move, players can establish conference calls where, for no longer than two minutes at a time, they can discuss changing or amending the rules of the game, thus, allowing players to actively reform the system itself. Any rule changes agreed upon through majority vote become ratified on the following move of the player who proposed said change. This mechanism, known as nomic, allows players to establish their own system under which to play the game.

In order to win Go Mine, a player must own 5 bribe cards at the end of their turn. However, should the planet be exhausted before this is achieved, everyone loses.

If you think this sounds interesting do consider supporting her boosted campaign: https://www.boosted.org.nz/projects/go-mine

Return to “Miscellaneous”