Has site become/becoming stagnant?

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
Subcide

Re: Has site become/becoming stagnant?

Postby Subcide » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:11 pm

TomSelleck wrote:golly. sox up punks. cuntry needs you.

You got it, Magnum
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Subcide wrote:NZMetal is fully functional as a facebook group now by the way.

Facebook groups don't function
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:50 pm

PertHJ wrote:

Facebook groups don't function

Thanks for your opinion
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:14 pm

It's a bit lacking in the humour department.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:45 pm

Dead Kid wrote:

Thanks to some crackhead munters from Hamilton

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:43 am

Subcide wrote:
Drax wrote:Because youre doing the same thing here that you did on nzmetal before that forum carked it.

I would be inclined to say that actually it's because you're doing the same things here that caused the NZMetal forum to cark it.

NZMetal is fully functional as a facebook group now by the way.

Keep telling yourself that.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:42 am

It is pretty hard to decide whether rampaging edgelordness or desperate pissing in the wind self promotionism is more irritating tbh.

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:03 am

Forums as a community have been on the decline for fringe subjects such as punkas.

Don't forget, while we grew up during the 90s and 20s using forums and the likes, the newer generation are completely saturated in terms of digital and social channels. Most are migrating away to niche channels such as snapchat for peer to peer stuff, and tend to not gravitate towards community forums such as this.

Facebook groups seems to be doing well, and eliminates that need to handle yet another channel.

And yes, reddit and tumblr weren't around, or obviously nowhere near as popular when we were younger and on the older/earlier punkas forums.

It would be interesting to see stats on the number of new posters, or a general consensus of new poster demographics etc.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:56 am

Drax wrote:
Subcide wrote:
Drax wrote:Because youre doing the same thing here that you did on nzmetal before that forum carked it.

I would be inclined to say that actually it's because you're doing the same things here that caused the NZMetal forum to cark it.

NZMetal is fully functional as a facebook group now by the way.

Keep telling yourself that.

Fuck you

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 pm

Subcide wrote:
Dead Kid wrote:

Thanks to some crackhead munters from Hamilton

It's not just one group, it's a general thing. An entire class of people who adopt the word 'troll' to describe anyone who says something funny about someone. As if having a giggle at a person is exclusively to provoke and demean, and never just to enjoy life in a lighthearted way. Then they scroll down and roar their head off at a video of some munter falling off a trampoline.

On a related note:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.ph ... -concert!!!

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:43 pm

yossarian wrote:It is pretty hard to decide whether rampaging edgelordness or desperate pissing in the wind self promotionism is more irritating tbh.

Calling me an edgelord is bit of a fucking exaggeration. And its not like Chris posts nearly as much DoTL stuff as he used to.

Look mate. He named me as his nemesis is that other thread. You might want to stay out of this.

Chris: Your band sucks and your funny shit posts arent funny and you post a lot of stuff about bums and etc

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:15 pm

and gross pus squeezing and far too many intimate details about personal masturbatory and defactation habits
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:24 pm

Yeah, all around gross. Not into it.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Drax wrote:
yossarian wrote:It is pretty hard to decide whether rampaging edgelordness or desperate pissing in the wind self promotionism is more irritating tbh.

Calling me an edgelord is bit of a fucking exaggeration. And its not like Chris posts nearly as much DoTL stuff as he used to.

Look mate. He named me as his nemesis is that other thread. You might want to stay out of this.

Chris: Your band sucks and your funny shit posts arent funny and you post a lot of stuff about bums and etc

Eat shit

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:15 pm

PertHJ wrote:Yeah, all around gross. Not into it.

too bad! This is where I come to talk about problems with my arse and wanking. If you don't like it go join the NZMetal.com facebook group.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:20 pm

I'd feel bad foeing anyone

Drax

Postby Drax » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:20 pm

I can't do it either. There's no other posters I find annoying enough to forcibly censor from what I see.

Facebook groups just aint the same. Too prone to shitposting of links and they arent ripe environments for the loals.

I think the main problem here might just be a lack of new blood. And yeah, a lot of potentials will just gravitate towards Fb, tumblr, and whatever other places rather than getting to know the gay shark pool.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:30 am

Drax wrote:I
I think the main problem here might just be a lack of new blood

Could be that, although I'd be a bit worried how they'd be treated - At least I started the people giving me shit were mostly around my age and fairly fresh themselves.

But I think if generally more people posted then that would attract more people etc

Seemed to be quite a bit of interest in that shitty NZ punk/HC FB group, but fuck all of them bothered to come post. Dicks.

But yeah, maybe there's just nothing wrong with quiet punkas

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:21 am

No one likes shoes anymore
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:02 am

What if they have pizza and/or fauxmosexual activities on them?

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:48 pm

YOU FUCKING SOFT COCKS!!! I CAN'T BELEIVE YOU DON'T ENJOY MY WANKING AND SHITTING STORIES! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE HISTORICAL IMPORTANCE OF DOCUMENTING THIS STUFF?

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:19 pm

I'm sorry subsy

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:10 pm

PertHJ wrote:I'm sorry subsy

you should be

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:05 am

jeez... youre the anti-funny

nzmetal is just you and some racist bogans arguing about what constitutes real metal
"Look how happy he is"

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:50 am

9seconds wrote:jeez... youre the anti-funny

nzmetal is just you and some racist bogans arguing about what constitutes real metal

No

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:08 pm

PertHJ wrote:
akaxo wrote:
Drax wrote:Chris: Your band sucks and your funny shit posts arent funny and you post a lot of stuff about bums and etc

and gross pus squeezing and far too many intimate details about personal masturbatory and defactation habits

HAHAHAHAHAHA Rigby's right when he says if you don't like him talking about his arse, wanking, etc., then come to NZMetal group. He doesn't get away with shit over there. I suppose punkas is it for him since he apparently needs the outlet, and presumably doesn't get away with it at home, or union meetings either. :baton:

9seconds wrote:nzmetal is just you and some racist bogans arguing about what constitutes real metal

Woah woah woah. I do a fair amount of modding to keep the 'racist bogan' contingent of NZMetal down. An iron finger staunchly positioned above the delete button pretty much. Arguing about what constitutes real metal is on point though.

PS Hi everyone. I miss yous, csomo kramre, liz shaw, blacklight, but most of all annoying phil... :(

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:57 pm

I miss backlight too. Why couldn't they be as popular as B Jolo and Ivy Blue? Maybe then they'd still be active.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:42 pm

TimShadbolt wrote:
PertHJ wrote:
akaxo wrote:and gross pus squeezing and far too many intimate details about personal masturbatory and defactation habits

HAHAHAHAHAHA Rigby's right when he says if you don't like him talking about his arse, wanking, etc., then come to NZMetal group. He doesn't get away with shit over there. I suppose punkas is it for him since he apparently needs the outlet, and presumably doesn't get away with it at home, or union meetings either. :baton:

9seconds wrote:nzmetal is just you and some racist bogans arguing about what constitutes real metal

Woah woah woah. I do a fair amount of modding to keep the 'racist bogan' contingent of NZMetal down. An iron finger staunchly positioned above the delete button pretty much. Arguing about what constitutes real metal is on point though.

PS Hi everyone. I miss yous, csomo kramre, liz shaw, blacklight, but most of all annoying phil... :(

so its you rigbly and some ratshit bogans arguing about what is more 'true' iron maiden or korn
"Look how happy he is"

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:47 pm

9seconds wrote:
TimShadbolt wrote:
PertHJ wrote:Yeah, all around gross. Not into it.

so its you rigbly and some ratshit bogans arguing about what is more 'true' iron maiden or korn

No. Fuck You!

**Feuding**

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:29 pm

im already feuding with the crickets who think getting in my wall and chirping all fucking night is a cool game
"Look how happy he is"

Return to “Miscellaneous”