Evolution is not Science!

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
FC
Orange Ska Dork

Re: Evolution is not Science!

Postby FC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 pm

It's alright eddie, I'm sure noone but Phil actually thinks the fact that I was a christian more than a decade ago has anything to do with how I think about things. I mean I could constantly mention that it's clear that Phil has fried his brains with booze, drugs and constantly thinking the world is out to get him because it can't possibly be a result of decisions he's made, but it really brings nothing relevent to the discussion, and people can work it out by just reading a few random posts of his.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:55 pm

you thought you knew it all when you were christian and when you were constantly made fun of you switched sides, you never look at anything with an open mind, it must be first sanctioned by someone in the church of science before it can be considered factual.

as far as booze and drugs go, theres no reason to assume i drink or smoke more or less than you, the only difference is that i never turn my computer off and it lives on my bed.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Actually I switched sides because I started hanging out with people who weren't christian, thinking for myself instead of what I was told, and decided that it didn't make any sense anymore....but by all means, continue to tell me exactly what I think, you're clearly an expert.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:59 pm

well this thread is fucked
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:06 pm

I learnt about Meiosis.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi. Late to the party. I heard Aidan used to like Ska! Hahaha what a noob.

I'm too much of a gentleman to dive into what I've heard of Phil's sordid past so I will leave it at that.

nowkiss.jpeg

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:well this thread is fucked

Yes, thanks for that Phil.

Anyway, evolution is really cool. Everyone should watch "First Life" it's a great two parter about how animal life first evolved on earth.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:i admit i dont really get how it works, it obviously cant simply keep getting faster or it would be perpetual motion.

do you remember if it turned out to be faked or know what the deal is?

It doesn't keep getting faster forever, it reaches an equilibrium where the thrust and drag balance. To understand how it works, think of what happens when it's going the same speed as the wind. It's moving with the air around it, so there's zero air resistance at that point, and yet it's got a big fuck-off propeller spinning behind it. So it'll speed up, but eventually the increases in air resistance will catch up. When speed doubles, air resistance quadruples.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:12 pm

but aidan said its faked cos he hasnt read a paper on it, therefore it cant be true.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:24 pm

No I said it wasn't perpetual motion. If you can find the thread I guess you can point out who's right and who's wrong, I couldn't. I did find the thread where you were talking about the guy in NZ with the water powered engine though viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24106&start=30&hilit=perpetual+motion

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:34 pm

in that thread i argue against your attitude, not in support of the actual... whatever that is, for the record i think he was a charlatan, but i know that the theory is sound in making a petrol engine also use electrolysis, if you understood the sheer excess of electricity produced in any car you would see that too.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Yes gosh, what a poor attitude I had, explaining simple concepts that put the "charlatan's" theories to rest, concepts that hadn't yet been mentioned, in a concise manner without any sarcasm or vitriol. I should definitely work on my attitude, because clearly I was just being a complete and utter bastard.

Do you ever read your posts after you've made them Phil?

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:44 pm

no

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Going back to mutation, pretty sure the lucky people with no wisdom teeth are an example of a potentially beneficial mutation but only time will tell whether that actually spreads to the population. Not likely given that people with wisdom teeth are only marginally more likely to die (perhaps from surgical removal complications?) and therefore not subject to survival of the fittest. Right?
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:42 pm

I'd say it was something that would have eventually disappeared, but won't now....though in saying that, presumably if you lose teeth before they come through (which must have been fairly common in the pre industrial age) then they would fit fine. I know I didn't notice mine coming through because I had premolars removed, which made room for my wisdom teeth.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:47 pm

exactly, people are designed to loose teeth, my top jaw is so much better off for having one of its boys out, even it its demise was actually partly caused by the fuckin wisdom teeth.

lol, people are designed... sigh, no wonder you fuckin wankers dont take me seriously

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:21 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id8OXst4KeM[/youtube]

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:31 pm

I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:39 pm

i think we can all disagree to agree

Livestock

Postby Livestock » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:34 pm

HI GUISE, I'M GLAD WE HAD ANOTHER ANTI GOD THREAD, MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE ANOTHER ROUND OF VEGETARIAN VS MEAT EATERS? THAT WON'T BE BORING EH.

niXon

Postby niXon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Let's definitely do another vege vs meat eaters thread.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:49 pm

meat eaters are dicks. there ya go.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Vegetarians are fagets who like to eat their own anus juice.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:05 pm

FC wrote:Vegetarians are fagets who like to eat their own anus juice.

Actually I like to just marinade tofu in my anus juice.

Akuma
TOHLG™

Postby Akuma » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:10 pm

I like these anti god threads. superstitions deserve to be ridiculed :baton:

niXon

Postby niXon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:13 pm

BUT WHERE DO VEGETARIANS GET THEIR PROTEIN olololo

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:08 pm

Gobbling fuckloads of cock.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Fuck, gutted I missed this one. Ironically, I was out of town at a science conference.
I think it's lint.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:26 pm

FC wrote:
Fiction & Falsehood wrote:well this thread is fucked

Yes, thanks for that Phil.

Anyway, evolution is really cool. Everyone should watch "First Life" it's a great two parter about how animal life first evolved on earth.

And as someone who likes science but doesn't really get off over biological shit, I'd second that, and recommend reading the greatest show on earth. Shit is rad. Any Dawkins haters here?
I think it's lint.

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Also: I went to a hardcore show the other day and wtf are all these idiots doing spinning around in circles and trying to kick each other? Wheres the MOSH at? That's not punx.

Return to “Miscellaneous”