43%
Prefer couscous
57%

Total votes: 44

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Re: Fukin Fillet-o-fish burgers and grubby fast food discuss

Postby FC » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:54 pm

It won't even be completely food probably. They glue the seeds on the bun, spray stuff with hairspray to make it shinier etc.

Here's a fun fact, maple syrup on TV is usually motor oil, because it pours better.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:58 pm

yeh, ive heard that before, i reckon tho, if you actually like burgerking or macdonalds, like would prefer it over other takeaways that are generally available, or especially a home cooked meal, then theres something wrong in your brain, and id even hypothesise that it is too much television.

i just ate soba noodles, they were kinda yuck, need to work on my method.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:00 pm

of course i also mean subway, carl jnr's, kfc, all of those franchises
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Nathanael

Postby Nathanael » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:01 pm

Like how the sound of rain is quite often a recording of bacon frying.

You can get a few different types of chicken coating from Lim Chhour on K rd.
General Mutante wrote:Every wristie is a performance as far as I'm concerned.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:yeh, ive heard that before, i reckon tho, if you actually like burgerking or macdonalds, like would prefer it over other takeaways that are generally available, or especially a home cooked meal, then theres something wrong in your brain, and id even hypothesise that it is too much television.

i just ate soba noodles, they were kinda yuck, need to work on my method.

I don't actually know of anyone who would rather fast food over a nice home cooked meal. Take aways really depends. Honestly, just about everyone I know that buys fast food does it soley because of convenience and price. It's cheaper than most ethnic food places, ie. indian, thai etc. and it's faster and easier than the likes of fish and chips. Plus you get a drink with it, food and a drink for around $10.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:19 pm

i dont really think its cheaper considering what you get, the fish burger being the best example, you get two much nicer and much bigger fishburgers from most fish and chip shops for teh same price as one fillet of fish from mcshit.

but yeh, cant fault them on speed most of the time

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:15 am

To be honest, I think most of the time fish and chips leaves you feeling worse than your average KFC meal.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:17 am

yeah I agree, and due to the hours that most fish and chip places keep and the time it takes for them to make your food, you may as well make something at home. (noodles, scrambled eggs, cereal.. pretty much anything has more nutrition and won't leave you feeling shitty). At least "fast food" is convenient and open 24/7 usually
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 am

i only get fish crumbed, if they dont do crumbed i eat the fish but throw out most of the batter, its the refined flour and grease that makes you feel shit, and/or eating too much chipd.

so you guys prefer macdonalds to fish n chips, and fish n chip shop burgers?

i think thats nuts.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:45 am

Any day.Good quality Fish and chip burgers are few and far between these days. I don't even have a go-to chippy these days.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 pm

yeh but you live in palmy

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:04 pm

The $7 smorgasboard where Hawaiian used to be is pretty awesome.

arkie

Postby arkie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:58 pm

especially if you fill it beyond being able to close.

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:13 am

mark tyler wrote:Fuck the haters, BP butter chicken pies are fucken great, just not all that great for the people around you afterwards.
Those jars of butter chicken sauce are also fucken great as a toast spread.

Check and check

Though at some of the crappy BPs where they microwave them they are sloppy shit you can't eat without burning yourself and crashing.

Kebabs are my prefered fast / drunken stumble home food, but sadly there's none near the Crown anymore.

PS - if you want some really grubby fast food get some "Nachos" from the 24 Daries in Duners:
For about $6 a big tray of nacho chips, a blob of "cheese" sauce that probably has no cheese in it, a blob of tomato salsa stuff (though calling it "tomato salsa stuff" is probably over selling it :) ), and a blob of sour cream. Truely disgusting if sober, but oddly enticing when drunk as fuck.

skeetnigguh
VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO

Postby skeetnigguh » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:Image
its not even the ethics, its just not being dumb

I reckon about 1% of my burgers have come out like that.

Maybe you shouldn't sit on them when you're taking the bag home?
ImageImageImage

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Next you'll be trying to tell us panadol extra doesn't actually provide instant relief

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 pm

:lol:

I actually meant to mention that. I reckon all my burgers come out somewhere between those two examples. They must have bought a lot of burgers before they got one looking that rungus. Usually at McDonalds the only problem with them is they aren't on straight, and need a little adjusting before you eat them.

niXon

Postby niXon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Yeah, never seen a burger remotely close to those pictures. A whopper is usually a bit more squashed, but has to be, that shit's been wrapped up and is jammed in a bag with the rest of my burgers. Still nothing like that pic. Big Macs avoid this fate due to their box, but agree as Aidan has said that they move around a bit and just need a little adjustment before consuming.

I think NZ Maccas has a pretty high quality standard compared with the rest of the world. I remember going off it for a couple of years (probably around the time of Super Size me, even though I swore it hadn't changed my perception of McD's), then going back to "using" on an almost daily basis. Something had changed it seemed - tasted better, looked better, service was better, everything was "fresh". Maybe they stepped up their game, maybe it just seemed better after a period of abstinence.

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:05 pm

nazi scum wrote:Spend $10 on a fast food? Thats my weekly food budget blown Id rather spend that at the Supermarket.t

your weekly budget is $10 a week? fucking hell, that's depressing. live a little!
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

niXon

Postby niXon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Reckon. Food is something I try not to skimp on. I guess if you're on the bones of your arse you need to be a little more frugal, but $10?

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:11 pm

yeah - fuck, I bet members of Caskgrinder probably spend more than $10/week on food each.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nah just kidding.
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

jont420

Postby jont420 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:53 pm

must do some serious shits on a ten dollar food budget, im picturing baked beans and "yesterday's" bread being the integral part of your diet

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:28 pm

i just got a mayo pepper angus while i was getting a tattoo this arvo, was actually pretty nice, altho the pattie was quite shit, and you dont get much for $10 but it was quick and that pepper mayo was godlike.

i def needed something to eat, and have no regrets, it fell apart while i ate it, but it looked almost as good as the picture.

p.s. jayme, i didnt take those photos myself ay.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm

nazi scum wrote: Spend $10 on a fast food? Thats my weekly food budget blown Id rather spend that at the Supermarket.

Ah, you talk crap most of the time from dietary deficiencies. Makes sense.
Uncinia vector

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:Image
its not even the ethics, its just not being dumb

So you want your food fast, you want it cheap, and you want it to look perfect in your eyes.
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:10 pm

i just dont think mcdonalds is very good, except that its fast, theres just something wrong with assembly line food and invasive marketing.

whatever, when im drunk il eat it and when im sober i wont, yesterday there were too reasons i ate it, i needed something fuckin quick, (could have also got a nastyass pie i suppose) and it was on my mind, i kinda wanted to see if those more expensive mcds burgers would still be nice sober, and yeh, they were pretty good, for mcds anyway, id rather have a real burger, but it was nice, wont trade again sober tho, unless its extenuating circumstances.

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:27 pm

When I was overseas there was this McD's veggie burger that just had a veggie patty. And a nice one too.

What I don't understand is why NZ doesn't have that too? I mean fuck, its got to be cheaper than meat, and your just re-heating shit anyway. No need to put it on the menu, but if they had that as an option I would probably go there from time to time (eg early in the morning).

dclxvi

Postby dclxvi » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:50 pm

aerozol wrote:its got to be cheaper than meat

I wouldn't count on it.

buckton

Postby buckton » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 am

Ultimate double whopper, no fluffing straight outta the box. Looks pretty sweet.
ImageImageImage

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:36 am

i must concede it looks decent alright

Return to “Miscellaneous”