'Ask The 'Ost, 'Aidan or 'OutCast

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
P?T?L?

Postby P?T?L? » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:43 pm

If you're thinking of it and getting sick of your ultra jock hairdo then do it.
DO IT! :twisted:

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Mon Sep 01, 2003 6:54 pm

Dear 'Ost

After haveing a very indepth conversation both my self and the captain have come to the conclusion that he should most defanitly do it for the following reasons:
-He can do winmills with his head
-He can head bang real tough like
-they can be mean and black
-he can stick them through his ears
-he can get them beedy things for his braids with catch frases like sXe, xXx, got chug?..
-they would be fucken tough
-when he whips his hair around they can make mean as whipy noises AND make giant X's in the air

So my question is to you ost is, Why WOULDN'T he get braids?
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Mon Sep 01, 2003 7:16 pm

hahah I dunno aye bro :S

daith
in league with satan

Postby daith » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:12 pm

Aidan or Ost, you beauties.

Is there a word for "expressing disapproval of someone's behaviour or actions by shouting at them or speaking to them in a rude or contemptuous manner when a nice, polite, civilised conversation could have been had instead and probably would have produced better results, too"? If there isn't a word for that, could someone make one up, please?

Why's it called Scotland Yard if its not in Scotland? Why?
According to the "Textbook of Abnormal Psychology" (Macmillan, revised edition, 1967), the 'feeble-minded' may be classified as follows:

Moron: 50-75 IQ
Imbecile: 25-50 IQ
Idiot: Below 25 IQ

CowzOr

Postby CowzOr » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:15 pm

Dear 'Ost or Aiden

Where in the world in Carmen Sandiego?
general wrote:one alternative to democracy is listening to a lunatic like blair ranting out about "real freedom" like an incoherent brain-damaged drunk.

cool guy69 wrote:mods please sticky this thread

BETTYfuckingBOO
i wish i was the boss!

Postby BETTYfuckingBOO » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:24 pm

daith wrote:Aidan or Ost, you beauties.

Is there a word for "expressing disapproval of someone's behaviour or actions by shouting at them or speaking to them in a rude or contemptuous manner when a nice, polite, civilised conversation could have been had instead and probably would have produced better results, too"? If there isn't a word for that, could someone make one up, please?

Why's it called Scotland Yard if its not in Scotland? Why?

dear daith,

This was a small street running east from the northern end of Whitehall, parallel with Whitehall Place. The original Metropolitan Police Commissioner's office (No. 4 Whitehall Place) backed on to it, and A Division was based there in the back of the building. The name became colloquially attached to the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police, especially as additional buildings were acquired to house branches of the expanding force.

The exact origin of the name is unclear. Tthe following two stories have both gained creedance at various times:

It is said the location had been the site of a residence owned by the Kings of Scotland before the Union and used and occupied by them and/or their ambassadors when in London, and known as '"Scotland". The courtyard was later used by Sir Christopher Wren and known as "Scotland Yard".
The street names are said to have derived from the land being owned by a man called Scott during the Middle Ages.

yours in an interfering meddling way
G
cos were one ciggarette away from being done
one ciggarette away
sure has been fun

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:33 pm

Cow Ass Sex0r wrote:Dear 'Ost or Aiden

Where in the world in Carmen Sandiego?

My dear CowAss,

Last time I checked this, on my apple 2e when I was 8 years old Carmen sandiego was in Copenhagen. I remember this distinctly because there was a mermaid on a rock.

In saying this however, she may very well have taken up residence somewhere else since then. I suggest you purchase a version of the game and see for yourself. The current price for this magnificent piece of software is probably close to $2.99 by now. I suggest your local Warehouse, where everybody gets a bargain.

Happy searching my good man.

Aidan
So long and thanks for all the posts.

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:33 am

daith wrote:Aidan or Ost, you beauties.

Dear Claire,

I think you'll find that not ne but two words need to be used for such an occasion. I suggest the term stentorian castigation at it's most severe, although the latter could be changed with remonstration/crticising/dissaproval where necessary.

yours verbosely,
'Ost
"Society makes easy targets; colour, creed, sex. " - The Proletariat

INITIO CLUB: "Better than the crap people" since 1997

martin
Shandy Queen

Postby martin » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:38 am

the bootlicker wrote:If you're thinking of it and getting sick of your ultra jock hairdo then do it.

Dear OST and clan,
how many people are answering these questions? I am only poitning this out as I do not want it to effect your credibility.

martin
Shandy Queen

Postby martin » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:38 am

the bootlicker wrote:If you're thinking of it and getting sick of your ultra jock hairdo then do it.

Dear OST and clan,
how many people are answering these questions? I am only poitning this out as I do not want it to effect your credibility.

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:56 am

martin wrote:

Dear OST and clan,

Only the aforementioned people in the title of this thread are authorised to answer questions. Of course, we cannot stop other people trying to do the same, and sometimes their answers may be good, but you are to disregard them all. They are simple commoners and will eventually perish beneath the iron fist those who rule from above.

Thanks for asking.

Aidan
Last edited by FiveIronFan on Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

BETTYfuckingBOO
i wish i was the boss!

Postby BETTYfuckingBOO » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:05 am

Dear mein Fuhrer Aidan,
I am in awe of your use of the words "commoner" and "iron fist".
I am thinking about forming a Penal Battle Battalion with accompanying Panzer Division.
Could we have a large image of your glorious self for us to salute at flood lit rallies.

yours in complete obedience
G

ps we have extremley good helmets and nerve gas

one ciggarette away

sure has been fun

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:22 am

BETTYfuckingBOO wrote:Dear mein Fuhrer Aidan,
I am in awe of your use of the words "commoner" and "iron fist".
I am thinking about forming a Penal Battle Battalion with accompanying Panzer Division.
Could we have a large image of your glorious self for us to salute at flood lit rallies.

yours in complete obedience
G

ps we have extremley good helmets and nerve gas

Im honoured and extremely flattered G. There will be a special place for you and your men in the new order.

Here is an artists depection of me in my royal garb.

I bid thee good tidings and hope all ye battles go well. Go in peace my son.

Aidan

BETTYfuckingBOO
i wish i was the boss!

Postby BETTYfuckingBOO » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:57 am

Dear Mein Fuhrer,
me and the lads had a small coffee morning in your honour

Also, as per your instruction, we had a shower party for some of the more undesirables. As such we now have a surplus of hair to restuff your couch and everyone is feeling a little cleaner.

yours in a blind but well dressed fervour
G

one ciggarette away

sure has been fun

LegDog

Postby LegDog » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:12 pm

Dear the Ost, Aidan, or outcast,

Please analyse televsion news in no less than 3000 words. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of television journalism, using one New Zealand television news programme to illustrate your argument. How would you improve the programme?

Please respond hastily,

Your bud,

legDog

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:28 pm

LegDog wrote:Dear the Ost, Aidan, or outcast,

Please analyse televsion news in no less than 3000 words. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of television journalism, using one New Zealand television news programme to illustrate your argument. How would you improve the programme?

Please respond hastily,

Your bud,

legDog

A picture paints a thousand words my good man.

Strengths

Weaknesses

Improvements

That there is 3012 words for your assignment (i presume). If your lecturer gives you anything less than an A+ kick their ass for being a moron.

Aidan

LegDog

Postby LegDog » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:34 pm

Now I see why you have your own agony aunt column, and I'm stuck here writing stupid essays. Nudity, flipside and Lemmy - it really is that simple...

Part of my grade belongs to you Aidan

haiku terror shades

Postby haiku terror shades » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:27 pm

Dear Aunty Ost-man, or Skatard, or outcast,

I am looking to aquire some luminol or similar evidence-gathering phosphorescent-like substance for a photographic project I am working on. Is it illegal to import such substances and if so do you have any contacts in the local law enforcement services who could possibly *ahem* help?

chur
shades

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:38 pm

*16BitFury* wrote:Dear Aunty Ost-man, or Skatard, or outcast,

I am looking to aquire some luminol or similar evidence-gathering phosphorescent-like substance for a photographic project I am working on. Is it illegal to import such substances and if so do you have any contacts in the local law enforcement services who could possibly *ahem* help?

chur
shades

Thanks for the question Anita, this is what one raver had to say

"WOOP WOOP MAN I LOVE GLOWSTICKS, AND MY DUMMY WOOP WOOP"

No need to pay exhuberant import prices, as a phosphorescent substance, glowsticks are available at the Warehouse, where everybody gets a bargain. The poor mans substitute.

What...you thought we gave useful answers? Live and learn.

Aidan

haiku terror shades

Postby haiku terror shades » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:48 pm

... luminol is a substance that when in contact with certain proteins and exposed to a special lamp, glows blue.

raver glowsticks do this -

A Cyalume lightstick is made of a flexible plastic tube containing a thin-walled glass tube. Inside the glass tube is a solution of hydrogen peroxide, H2O2, dissolved in a phthalic ester. Outside the glass tube is a solution containing a phenyl oxalate ester and a fluorescent dye. (In the yellow-green lightsticks the dye is 9,10-bis(phenylethynyl)anthracene.) When the lightstick is bent, the thin-walled glass tube breaks and its contents mix with the solution outside. Then, the H2O2 reacts with the phenyl oxalate ester:
During the reaction, an intermediate forms that transfers energy to the dye molecules. The energized dye molecules release this energy as visible light. The process in which energy from a chemical reaction is released directly as light is called chemiluminescence.

similar chemical reaction, but the dye and/or consistancy would probably render the solution less than useful
Last edited by haiku terror shades on Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

FiveIronFan
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FiveIronFan » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:59 pm

In all seriousness, I would suggest going on the Auckland University website and trying to email someone in the forensics department (I believe they have a forensics degree there). They may be able to help you with laws involving it, or if you're lucky even help with some luminol. Other substance that fluoresce under UV light are bromophenyl blue and ethidium bromide, both of which bind to DNA and proteins from what I remember. Unfortunately both are highly toxic.

Your other hope is a major police station, or the justice department, in the forensics department there. You may need to do a bit of searching around for this information im afraid.

Aidan

haiku terror shades

Postby haiku terror shades » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:07 am

yeah thanks you bastard .. you're first reaction made me go look some more ... and now i think i may have a plan - but finding a way to purchase the chemicals is still gonna be a bitch ... i'll keeps youse all posted

ciao
shades

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:53 am

cleaning up the murder scene is going to have to wait a bit longer ..?
http://aotearoa666.com/

BETTYfuckingBOO
i wish i was the boss!

Postby BETTYfuckingBOO » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:19 am

Dear all knowing, all seeing and just generally better than the rest of us,

I find my self strangely yet sexually attracted to Mary Lambies extremities while being completley repulsed by her personality and mid section.
Is it ok to objectify her ankles whilst ignoring her as a person.

yours in contemplative dismemberment
G

one ciggarette away

sure has been fun

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:16 pm

BETTYfuckingBOO wrote:Dear all knowing, all seeing and just generally better than the rest of us,

I find my self strangely yet sexually attracted to Mary Lambies extremities while being completley repulsed by her personality and mid section.
Is it ok to objectify her ankles whilst ignoring her as a person.

yours in contemplative dismemberment
G

Dear Graeme,

If you had never brought it up we never would have thought any differently about you. I think it is wise that you have felt so troubled by your affliction that you can ask for help. I feel you are in need of a deep discussion with Gareth, our resident Television Presenter Talent Appraiser, he can guide you with what you find so mystifingly appealing about Ms Lambie, and hopefully lead you on to a more suitable choice. After all Mary roots Jim Mora in her spare time, and that's nothing you want to be associated with. Next thing you know you'll be getting moist at the thought of Dame Pat Everson.

yours,
'Ost

PS: You typify the description "curmudgeonly".

Rocky Rock Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rock Rockbottom » Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:53 am

Dear Sirs

Flawless cover drives caressed through the covers? Short dross impudently dispatched over long leg?

Having taken brief repair to the channel 6 restroom to reaffix his colostomy bag this eminently preminent haircaster returned to find that both "Sensei" had glided pristinely past the 3,000 run mark.

Please direct me to a re-viewing/replaying of the bringing up of the respective 3,000th test runs.

Thank you.

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:49 am

Kent Brockman wrote:Dear Sirs

Flawless cover drives caressed through the covers? Short dross impudently dispatched over long leg?

Having taken brief repair to the channel 6 restroom to reaffix his colostomy bag this eminently preminent haircaster returned to find that both "Sensei" had glided pristinely past the 3,000 run mark.

Please direct me to a re-viewing/replaying of the bringing up of the respective 3,000th test runs.

Thank you.

Dear Kent,

I'm afraid the whereabouts of watching cricket highlights via the internet are unknown to me at this time. Have you tried the venerable BBC? I have scoured Cricinfo.com to no such luck, nor could I find anything about someone scoring 3,000 test runs. Perhaps if you elaborated on who your "Sensei" are?

cheers,
'Ost

Rocky Rock Rockbottom

Postby Rocky Rock Rockbottom » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:29 pm

THE SENSEI ARE YOU AND THE GOLF CHAP.

Perhaps I should rephrase my original question-

WHERE CAN I SEE THE 3,000th posts by THE 2 SENSEI?

Thank you.

The Ost
mutton chops

Postby The Ost » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:34 pm

Dear Kent,

Aha, I understand you now. Alas for you, neither of use made any kind of big deal out of our embarassingly-large number of posts. I for one am embarking on a "do not embellish messageboard post achievements" campaign, although I'm sure i'll think of something entertaining if I ever get to 5,000. Although that would be more in the vein of giving someone a prize for putting up with me for that long. I suspect Aidan just simply does not care.

We may be Sensei to you, to ourselves just a couple of jaded motherfuckers.

Regards,
'Ost

vibri
vib ribbon

Postby vibri » Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:14 pm

Dear Aidan

Wheres my Catch 22 tape?

Yours Sincerely

Dan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage