Donated to safe?

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums

Have you donated to the SAFE collectors?

Yes.
9
36%
No.
10
40%
Haven't seen them.
6
24%
 
Total votes: 25

User avatar
Spots2012
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:16 am

Donated to safe?

Postby Spots2012 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm generally pretty resistant to donating to charities, but I figured, I do like the ad campaigns that safe have done in the last couple of years. So yerr, I gave them $3

User avatar
General Mutante
Posts: 9849
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:57 pm
Location: Beyond the Thunderdome...
Contact:

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby General Mutante » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:34 pm

I have worked for several "charities" and retards were our bread and butter. Well done.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
Spots2012
Posts: 1885
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:16 am

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Spots2012 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:45 pm

pretty sure all the collectors are volunteers.

And are you saying that the safe ad campaigns haven't had a good effect on NZ society?

User avatar
General Mutante
Posts: 9849
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:57 pm
Location: Beyond the Thunderdome...
Contact:

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby General Mutante » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Volunteers/useful idiots. I've met the director of of SAFE and he's a cunt. If it's still the same bloke that is.

As for the rest of it, I don't really give a fuck about NZ society and I'm fairly indifferent to other warm blooded creatures unless they're amusing/tasty/fuckable.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
akaxo
Posts: 8544
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:28 am
Location: antichristchurch

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby akaxo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:11 pm

hans? i havn't had much to do with him but cunt isn't a word i'd use to describe him :?
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby hiv-positive » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm sure whatever is left over after the ludicrous administration costs will ensure a glorious life for a neglected animal and that surely justifies that warm glow that rushed through your mangina as you parted with that percentage of your hard earned dole.

User avatar
Maleficent
mama poopoo
Posts: 13112
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:12 pm
Location: KAITI FOR LIFE

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Maleficent » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:23 pm

I donated, didn't have change on me but there's a number you can txt to donate $3.
I used to do those volunteer collection days for a couple of years, was a member of SAFE, but once they started pushing a drive towards veganism (I was a vegetarian at the time, no interest in going vegan) I kinda lost interest.
Still donate to them, Forest and Bird and Riding for the Disabled.

I like animals and disabled people. The rest of you can all fuck off.

Have a nice day. :)
http://aotearoa666.com/

User avatar
General Mutante
Posts: 9849
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:57 pm
Location: Beyond the Thunderdome...
Contact:

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby General Mutante » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:31 pm

akaxo wrote:hans? i havn't had much to do with him but cunt isn't a word i'd use to describe him :?


Nah, some bloke from years ago. Petty tinpot dictator he was. I followed their lot down to some arsefuck nowhere town out of Dunedin where they were trying to convince a bunch of baying inbreds to stop their rodeo. Smelling hilarious futility in the air I decided it would be a good thing to write about. Having heard someone was writing about it and having got my details, he proceeded to fire off instructions at me as to how to write about it. So I told him if he wanted me to be that sympathetic he could pay me for it or go fuck himself. Then when I did put up the article about how urban vegans trying to convince a forgotten town full of probable sheep shaggers in Otago is like pushing shit up hill and actually pretty fucking funny from a neutral point of view they had a huge cry about it and it ended up getting pulled.

I don't know who's in charge of them now but they're more than likely still a bunch of hand wringing middle class cunts who care more about half-witted beasties than they do about people. So fuck them all and the dolphins they rode in on.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
General Mutante
Posts: 9849
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:57 pm
Location: Beyond the Thunderdome...
Contact:

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby General Mutante » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Maleficent wrote:I like animals and disabled people. The rest of you can all fuck off.

Have a nice day. :)


Mel, I like my chosen animals, but I'm more about people. In practice that's quite hard, because a lot of them get right on my dick, but deep down I do believe in the unfulfilled potential of humanity. My problem with animal rights zealots is that they insinuate themselves into that nebulous entity known as the "left" and cause a major distraction from the struggle against a system that allows 1% of the human race to own 99% of it's resources, which is the real problem as far as I'm concerned. Call me an unfeeling specieist bastard, but I care far more about the fact that most of my own fellow homo-sapiens have been pretty much dipped in shit more than I do about the fate of some chickens and pigs.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
akaxo
Posts: 8544
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:28 am
Location: antichristchurch

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby akaxo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:04 pm

ya grumpy cynical old cunt :wink:

middle class hand-wringer might be a bit more accurate but i don't know them well enough to pass a judgement like that ha. they have good intent and do good work imo though, any publicising of how fucked intensive farming is is a good thing.

likely would have been anthony if it was a while back, i was found him all good too though. he's actually been pretty bloody helpful to me a few times. annoying hicks about a rodeo sounds like it would have been fun for all the reasons you mention, same kind of reasons hassling angry psycho violent circus owners was...
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

User avatar
General Mutante
Posts: 9849
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:57 pm
Location: Beyond the Thunderdome...
Contact:

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby General Mutante » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:11 pm

I'm only a grumpy cynical old cunt because wet liberals and mad old cat ladies do nothing for the class struggle. What's more I just get angrier as I get older. Funnily enough it's not just when I'm on the bones of my arse either. I actually get more frustrated when I see someone getting paid fuck all to clean shit when I get more for sending instructions to computers and flogging off gadgets. If I wasn't there then people would be slightly inconvenienced, if the cleaner wasn't everybody would be getting fucking cholera.

And that is what really grinds my gears.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
deathbyejaculation
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:40 pm
Location: Somalia
Contact:

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby deathbyejaculation » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Collected :)
Former Child Star wrote:show stolen by punchy the party girl

User avatar
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt
Posts: 10959
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 pm
Location: the straight edge

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:42 am

Spots2012 wrote:I'm generally pretty resistant to donating to charities, but I figured, I do like the ad campaigns that safe have done in the last couple of years. So yerr, I gave them $3

the ad campaigns?
you look at the ad campaign to decide whether or not you will donate?
i dont get it, doesnt it matter what they do?
also, did you post this here in the hopes of getting a backslap cos for some fuckin stupid reason you think this is a forum of vegan dogooders?
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

User avatar
Maleficent
mama poopoo
Posts: 13112
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:12 pm
Location: KAITI FOR LIFE

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Maleficent » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:59 am

General Mutante wrote:
Maleficent wrote:I like animals and disabled people. The rest of you can all fuck off.

Have a nice day. :)


Mel, I like my chosen animals, but I'm more about people. In practice that's quite hard, because a lot of them get right on my dick, but deep down I do believe in the unfulfilled potential of humanity. My problem with animal rights zealots is that they insinuate themselves into that nebulous entity known as the "left" and cause a major distraction from the struggle against a system that allows 1% of the human race to own 99% of it's resources, which is the real problem as far as I'm concerned. Call me an unfeeling specieist bastard, but I care far more about the fact that most of my own fellow homo-sapiens have been pretty much dipped in shit more than I do about the fate of some chickens and pigs.


Andy, don't fucking lecture me.
http://aotearoa666.com/

Red_switch
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: mosgiel

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Red_switch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 pm

I gave them a dollar. My girlfriend was collecting for them. They do some cool stuff, but are grossly misinformed in other areas.

I mean, they've largely been duped by deerstalker propaganda into resisting 1080...
I think it's lint.

Image

User avatar
akaxo
Posts: 8544
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:28 am
Location: antichristchurch

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby akaxo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:17 pm

i find it much much easier to just never mention possums etc when around animal rights type people and just focus on where we see eye to eye. being very anti battery farming and at the same time pro eradicating possums by any means necessary is just a bit too much for them sometimes. and then there's been times when feral cats have come up in conversation...
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Red_switch
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: mosgiel

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Red_switch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:39 pm

I've had some interesting conversations with people... having a couple of summers working in and around pest control, and working with people who have had 30+ years experience (fuck it would have been cool to work pest control for the forest service in the 70's!) has given me an insight that most of "them" lack. Then again, most who know anything about conservation aren't too worried about possum control/1080.

I just find it really ironic, that the most vocal opponents of 1080 over the last forever have primarily been deerstalking groups, who get upset that their pest quarry falls victim. Who gives a shit? 1080 has been far more effective than hunters in several areas, when deer aren't even the target species. But now, SAFE latch onto the same bullshit arguments that deerstalkers have been coming up with for years... I know for a fact that some in the deerstalking community relish this, as it has made the anti 1080 stance trendy.

SAFE are keen for contraceptive methods to be used for possum control, what they don't seem to get is that pretty much everyone involved with pest control agrees, but it is still a way off, and we can't afford for numbers to explode in the time being, or it will be impossible to implement.

disclaimer: not all deerstalkers are this retarded, it's just that those that are seem to be very, very, vocal.

Wild cats are little cunts. Then again, so can be domestic cats.

SAFE have had some good impact though, especially in the factory farming domain. There is some irony here though, in that (for dairy in particular) the factory farming approach has been adopted in response to mounting pressure from environmental groups/organisations. I can't wait till dairy fucks out completely.
I think it's lint.

Image

Red_switch
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: mosgiel

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Red_switch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:39 pm

I've had some interesting conversations with people... having a couple of summers working in and around pest control, and working with people who have had 30+ years experience (fuck it would have been cool to work pest control for the forest service in the 70's!) has given me an insight that most of "them" lack. Then again, most who know anything about conservation aren't too worried about possum control/1080.

I just find it really ironic, that the most vocal opponents of 1080 over the last forever have primarily been deerstalking groups, who get upset that their pest quarry falls victim. Who gives a shit? 1080 has been far more effective than hunters in several areas, when deer aren't even the target species. But now, SAFE latch onto the same bullshit arguments that deerstalkers have been coming up with for years... I know for a fact that some in the deerstalking community relish this, as it has made the anti 1080 stance trendy.

SAFE are keen for contraceptive methods to be used for possum control, what they don't seem to get is that pretty much everyone involved with pest control agrees, but it is still a way off, and we can't afford for numbers to explode in the time being, or it will be impossible to implement.

disclaimer: not all deerstalkers are this retarded, it's just that those that are seem to be very, very, vocal.

Wild cats are little cunts. Then again, so can be domestic cats.

SAFE have had some good impact though, especially in the factory farming domain. There is some irony here though, in that (for dairy in particular) the factory farming approach has been adopted in response to mounting pressure from environmental groups/organisations. I can't wait till dairy fucks out completely.
I think it's lint.

Image

User avatar
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt
Posts: 10959
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 pm
Location: the straight edge

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:42 pm

you are nothing if not a partisan redswitch, you take a side, id say arbitralily as your sides never match, but in reality its not arbitrary at all, its related directly to whatever shit youve been filled with by whatever person you see as an authority figure recently, and it will cary on until some other charismatic person displaces your sycophantic view.
thanx for providing an utterly one sided and slightly mad perspective on what is actually quite a complex issue, your complete disregard of the anti-1080 argument shows that youre only repeating what youve heard(before i go any forther il say im against 1080, but im not prepared to be actively so in light of the fact we dont have a current, viable alternative solution)
ive been hearing this kind of crap from usless sycophants like yourself for more than 15 fucking years now, and still you claim we just have to wait... god its frustrating, especially when we get a new batch of naive and impossibly arrogant fucktards every 5 years, what the fuck is with guys like you who were born so fucking cocksure about everything?
jesus come back from space and explain to me.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

User avatar
Martli
Formerly known as Jared.com
Posts: 3818
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:12 pm
Location: Hades

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Martli » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Charities can fuck off.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:key word being "probaber;y"

UNIT
Posts: 4640
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:01 am

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby UNIT » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Martli wrote:Charities can fuck off.


QFT.

If i wanna give my money away i'll suss it out myself i don't need cunts coming up to me in the street. Fuk of.

User avatar
akaxo
Posts: 8544
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:28 am
Location: antichristchurch

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby akaxo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:38 pm

i usually just leave making donations to things like that to people who have some guilt to appease due to their inaction in their everyday life. but then i did empty my wallet into a bucket recently for the collectors on world aids day for the new zealand aids foundation...
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Red_switch
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: mosgiel

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Red_switch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:51 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:you are nothing if not a partisan redswitch, you take a side, id say arbitralily as your sides never match, but in reality its not arbitrary at all, its related directly to whatever shit youve been filled with by whatever person you see as an authority figure recently, and it will cary on until some other charismatic person displaces your sycophantic view.
thanx for providing an utterly one sided and slightly mad perspective on what is actually quite a complex issue, your complete disregard of the anti-1080 argument shows that youre only repeating what youve heard(before i go any forther il say im against 1080, but im not prepared to be actively so in light of the fact we dont have a current, viable alternative solution)
ive been hearing this kind of crap from usless sycophants like yourself for more than 15 fucking years now, and still you claim we just have to wait... god its frustrating, especially when we get a new batch of naive and impossibly arrogant fucktards every 5 years, what the fuck is with guys like you who were born so fucking cocksure about everything?
jesus come back from space and explain to me.


Fucks sake phil, you're a twat. I'm not necessarily "pro 1080", but it's the only real option that exists at the moment. It'd be sweet if we didn't have to use it, but there's fuck all other realistic options out there at the moment, unless you want to revert to phosphorous - which really is terrible shit. The contraceptive option long term looks promising, but the people working on its development will tell you it would be next to useless if the possum population grows much further.

I'm pretty familiar with both sides of the 1080 argument, the anti side is almost completely full of shit, and was initially almost completely fuelled by upset deer stalkers.

If you've got a different experience that sheds more light then I'm keen to hear it, rather than your batshit "I know more than anyone, coz" posturing crap.

Even now, 1080 is still only one component of pest control, and you obviously have nfi of the shit involved in running a 1080 operation.

Reading shit like
SAFE wrote:There is also virtually no research into the positive role of introduced species in ecosystems once they have become naturalised, or the ecological consequences of removing them.

on the SAFE website gives me the shits, have they not set foot in an area of possum/stoat ravaged forest?
I think it's lint.

Image

User avatar
FC
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 20816
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby FC » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:04 pm

akaxo wrote:i did empty my wallet into a bucket recently for the collectors on world aids day for the new zealand aids foundation...


Your contribution allowed me to buy steinlager this week, instead of canterbury draft. Thank you good sir.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms


Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

User avatar
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt
Posts: 10959
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 pm
Location: the straight edge

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Red_switch wrote:
xSUSPECTx wrote:you are nothing if not a partisan redswitch, you take a side, id say arbitralily as your sides never match, but in reality its not arbitrary at all, its related directly to whatever shit youve been filled with by whatever person you see as an authority figure recently, and it will cary on until some other charismatic person displaces your sycophantic view.
thanx for providing an utterly one sided and slightly mad perspective on what is actually quite a complex issue, your complete disregard of the anti-1080 argument shows that youre only repeating what youve heard(before i go any forther il say im against 1080, but im not prepared to be actively so in light of the fact we dont have a current, viable alternative solution)
ive been hearing this kind of crap from usless sycophants like yourself for more than 15 fucking years now, and still you claim we just have to wait... god its frustrating, especially when we get a new batch of naive and impossibly arrogant fucktards every 5 years, what the fuck is with guys like you who were born so fucking cocksure about everything?
jesus come back from space and explain to me.


Fucks sake phil, you're a twat. I'm not necessarily "pro 1080", but it's the only real option that exists at the moment. It'd be sweet if we didn't have to use it, but there's fuck all other realistic options out there at the moment, unless you want to revert to phosphorous - which really is terrible shit. The contraceptive option long term looks promising, but the people working on its development will tell you it would be next to useless if the possum population grows much further.

I'm pretty familiar with both sides of the 1080 argument, the anti side is almost completely full of shit, and was initially almost completely fuelled by upset deer stalkers.

If you've got a different experience that sheds more light then I'm keen to hear it, rather than your batshit "I know more than anyone, coz" posturing crap.

Even now, 1080 is still only one component of pest control, and you obviously have nfi of the shit involved in running a 1080 operation.

Reading shit like
SAFE wrote:There is also virtually no research into the positive role of introduced species in ecosystems once they have become naturalised, or the ecological consequences of removing them.

on the SAFE website gives me the shits, have they not set foot in an area of possum/stoat ravaged forest?


look, you obviously are very new to this argument, accusing me of 'posturing like i know everything' is a bit 'batshit' coming from you of all people, especially in this thread, right now.
im not gunna hit google and post shit as if it came from my head, im not that plastic mate, ive actually stayed mainly away from this argument over the years, i dislike 1080, but i see why its used, i am in fact against it, but its hardly cos i swallow deerstalker propaganda, youre the one who is indoctrinated, and its pretty obvious to the outside perspective, i.e. the one i hold, i was shooting and trapping possums when you were getting fitted for your grommet sized snowboard boots, just fuck you, i was doing it cos i was too young for the dole and i had no money, at that age you were hooning your dads pajero to the nearest snowfeild, give a fucker like you a couple of years in uni and you kn ow every fucking thing, its only let down by the fact that you understand nothing.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Red_switch
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: mosgiel

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Red_switch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:00 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:
Red_switch wrote:
xSUSPECTx wrote:you are nothing if not a partisan redswitch, you take a side, id say arbitralily as your sides never match, but in reality its not arbitrary at all, its related directly to whatever shit youve been filled with by whatever person you see as an authority figure recently, and it will cary on until some other charismatic person displaces your sycophantic view.
thanx for providing an utterly one sided and slightly mad perspective on what is actually quite a complex issue, your complete disregard of the anti-1080 argument shows that youre only repeating what youve heard(before i go any forther il say im against 1080, but im not prepared to be actively so in light of the fact we dont have a current, viable alternative solution)
ive been hearing this kind of crap from usless sycophants like yourself for more than 15 fucking years now, and still you claim we just have to wait... god its frustrating, especially when we get a new batch of naive and impossibly arrogant fucktards every 5 years, what the fuck is with guys like you who were born so fucking cocksure about everything?
jesus come back from space and explain to me.


Fucks sake phil, you're a twat. I'm not necessarily "pro 1080", but it's the only real option that exists at the moment. It'd be sweet if we didn't have to use it, but there's fuck all other realistic options out there at the moment, unless you want to revert to phosphorous - which really is terrible shit. The contraceptive option long term looks promising, but the people working on its development will tell you it would be next to useless if the possum population grows much further.

I'm pretty familiar with both sides of the 1080 argument, the anti side is almost completely full of shit, and was initially almost completely fuelled by upset deer stalkers.

If you've got a different experience that sheds more light then I'm keen to hear it, rather than your batshit "I know more than anyone, coz" posturing crap.

Even now, 1080 is still only one component of pest control, and you obviously have nfi of the shit involved in running a 1080 operation.

Reading shit like
SAFE wrote:There is also virtually no research into the positive role of introduced species in ecosystems once they have become naturalised, or the ecological consequences of removing them.

on the SAFE website gives me the shits, have they not set foot in an area of possum/stoat ravaged forest?


look, you obviously are very new to this argument, accusing me of 'posturing like i know everything' is a bit 'batshit' coming from you of all people, especially in this thread, right now.
im not gunna hit google and post shit as if it came from my head, im not that plastic mate, ive actually stayed mainly away from this argument over the years, i dislike 1080, but i see why its used, i am in fact against it, but its hardly cos i swallow deerstalker propaganda, youre the one who is indoctrinated, and its pretty obvious to the outside perspective, i.e. the one i hold, i was shooting and trapping possums when you were getting fitted for your grommet sized snowboard boots, just fuck you, i was doing it cos i was too young for the dole and i had no money, at that age you were hooning your dads pajero to the nearest snowfeild, give a fucker like you a couple of years in uni and you kn ow every fucking thing, its only let down by the fact that you understand nothing.


Oh holy shit man. I too have trapped and shot from a young age, hell we used to have traps in our backyard in town out of necessity, and many summers up the back of cousins place in Te Anau, not to mention the same shit for rabbits in central. Haha I barely snowboarded as a "grommet" let alone got fitted for my own gear, you presumptuous dick, and just so you do know, every piece of snowboard equipment I've ever owned I've paid for myself, stop trying to make that shit into a class division, you couldn't be further from the truth.

I won't claim to be an expert, but I've spent a reasonable amount of time working/volunteering in and around conservation and pest control, and worked with people who've been in the pest control game longer than you've been alive, but I don't really see why you need to make it an argument of credentials... I've just had the opportunity to see the current situation first hand, and I am familiar with both sides of the argument. Pretty hard to ignore one side of it when you field abusive phone calls/emails at work...

I've also studied next to nothing to do with pest control at uni, and wouldn't consider my university study to add any weight to my own stance, I guess I've taken advantage of the access to journals and books to read up on it, but that's something I've pursued occasionally, out of interest.

So what is it I don't understand phil? That NZ has a possum problem? That trapping can be effective, but is freakin expensive and often impossible in the worst affected areas? That 1080 is an effective poison? That the reason we use such a large proportion of the worlds supply is because we have no large native mammals that we wish to preserve? That it's currently the lesser of about a gazillion evils? Seriously man, I've spent enough time in the bush to know that shit is fucked. I'm not too worried if we lose a few deer as collateral damage, I don't mind a bit of a shoot, but I'm not a blood crazed hick who can't stomach the thought of a forest lacking animals to kill.

If you've got a really solid argument against 1080, I'd love to hear it.
I think it's lint.

Image

User avatar
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt
Posts: 10959
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 pm
Location: the straight edge

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:26 pm

what isnt a solid argument FOR 1080 is some retarded shit about deer...
as far as class shit goes, i have a fair bit of family around the central area, and they are all well off, compared to this part of the country there are no poor people in that part of NZ, something i doubt you can appreciate.

i wish like fuck i could have 'volunteered' in pest control, hah.. where do you live, how do you eat while you do that? doc might feed and house you for 3 weeks or whatever for that program, but what then?
its a rich kids pursuit and you know it.

im not here to offer an argument for or against 1080, im criticising your blatant onesided approach, youre only doing it cos you think you picked the winner, you just like being the smart guy, there are plenty of good arguments against 1080, the fact it kills as much birds as it does possums is a bit of a winner, the fact that the claims of it breaking down 'quickly' are beyond dubious, shit, the same arguments for DDT were given 30 years ago, itd be nice if you didnt seize upon those statements as if i hold them gospel, but i doubt i can ask that much of a jumped up wee cunt like you.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Red_switch
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: mosgiel

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Red_switch » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:46 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:what isnt a solid argument FOR 1080 is some retarded shit about deer...
as far as class shit goes, i have a fair bit of family around the central area, and they are all well off, compared to this part of the country there are no poor people in that part of NZ, something i doubt you can appreciate.

i wish like fuck i could have 'volunteered' in pest control, hah.. where do you live, how do you eat while you do that? doc might feed and house you for 3 weeks or whatever for that program, but what then?
its a rich kids pursuit and you know it.

im not here to offer an argument for or against 1080, im criticising your blatant onesided approach, youre only doing it cos you think you picked the winner, you just like being the smart guy, there are plenty of good arguments against 1080, the fact it kills as much birds as it does possums is a bit of a winner, the fact that the claims of it breaking down 'quickly' are beyond dubious, shit, the same arguments for DDT were given 30 years ago, itd be nice if you didnt seize upon those statements as if i hold them gospel, but i doubt i can ask that much of a jumped up wee cunt like you.


My only point about the deer shit is the irony and hypocrisy that comes from certain corners, and the hilarity that much of SAFEs manifesto on 1080 looks like it has come straight from any number of deer stalking groups.

Fuck you just love to talk shit. No poor people in Central? They may not be obvious, but they are there, believe me. Fuck even queenstown has a soup kitchen (although many of them are poor by choice, they are still fuckin poor). Not to mention I didn't grow up in central, but in Invercargill, and to suggest there are no "poor" people there or elsewhere in Southland is also complete and utter BS, I'm not actually sure what your point is, but if it is to suggest I don't know people who have nothing, or battle with poverty, it is laughable. Fuck I've spent the last 5 years of my life getting by on nothing.

Actually my "formal" volunteer work has been with regional councils and community groups, setting up monitoring and trap lines, clearing traps, replacing baits... a few hours in the evening now and then or during weekends, it's not exactly taxing, especially when there are groups full of enthusiastic people behind the projects. Ofcourse, killing the fuck out of possums and rabbits is essentially volunteer pest control too... Having been involved with DOCs volunteer program from the "other" side I can also tell you that the bulk of volunteers I have come across are by no means rich either.

The bird by-kill arguments are, by and large, a load of shit. And the break down time line is pretty much a moot point too, consent tends not to be granted for colder periods when baits may take longer to break down. Infact, a pretty damn cautious approach is taken to the use of 1080, despite what many would have you believe.

I'm more than happy to see effective alternatives to 1080 on the table, but unless you are happy to lace our forests with phosphorous, we don't have anything, and the contraceptive approach aint something that can be just magicked up over night. One of the coolest things I've seen lately is the development of possum-proof gates for use on bridges, innovation like that will go a long way to helping control the problem, it's been a shot in the arm for the Waitutu.
I think it's lint.

Image

User avatar
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt
Posts: 10959
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 pm
Location: the straight edge

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:55 pm

fuck... i0 actually hate you... what the fuck has southland got to do with anything?
a few hours on evenings? replacing bait? true bro did you drive 3 hours into the bush, wtf?

you obviously dont have any idea what 1080 is and why the fuck do you keep brining up phosphorous? am i advocating it or are you just hoping i will?

nice last minute googling tho, you utter fucking douche.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Red_switch
Posts: 6127
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: mosgiel

Re: Donated to safe?

Postby Red_switch » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 am

xSUSPECTx wrote:fuck... i0 actually hate you... what the fuck has southland got to do with anything?

nothing

a few hours on evenings? replacing bait? true bro did you drive 3 hours into the bush, wtf?

:lol: there isn't really scope to drive 3 hours into the bush on Bluff Hill or Forest Hill, day trips in the Waitutu, but fuck what's this all or nothing bullshit?

you obviously dont have any idea what 1080 is and why the fuck do you keep brining up phosphorous? am i advocating it or are you just hoping i will?

I know exactly what 1080 is, why don't you discuss a point, rather than just dismiss everything when you get upset? Phosphorus is relevant because it is second in line in the arsenal against possums. Last time there was a massive public outcry over 1080 everyone went back to phosphorous, and it's not far off happening again. You know what that shit does, yea?

nice last minute googling tho, you utter fucking douche.

Fuck you're an idiot, google, shot, what?
I think it's lint.

Image


Return to “Miscellaneous”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests