Chris Bailey(ak skin) Doco

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
Cosmo Kramer

Re: Chris Bailey(ak skin) Doco

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:19 pm

the croc wrote:Heard it through the OG skins digital grapevine

loal

someone told someone who told someone who told him and he signed up and posted that golden post
Kramer Murphy and Associates

Green Bastard

Postby Green Bastard » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:24 pm

yeah whats up with the womans meekly call? ive only ever flicked through them when bored somewhere, but dont really recall seeing too many ill informed sections about skinheads from the 70s

Yellow Romans

Postby Yellow Romans » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:10 pm

ghetto ninja wrote:....Chris Bailey was one of the original "AK skins" and also played in an early NZ punk band called The Plague.

Far from being an early NZ punk band The Plague were around in the late 1980s. I saw them several times in 1988, and thought they were good. But I went off them after I saw the singer and the bass player (I think Chris was the bassist) punch a guy to the ground and stomp on his face and then run away. There were a couple of Bootgirls who had been egging them on earlier when they were argueing with the guy about bullshit. Some of the guys from The Plague were in the bands Morning Horns (two tracks on the Harder the Edge... comp lp from the mid 1980s) and The Misunderstood.
As for the Ak Skins.... what a bunch of fucking retards. Every few years they would print off a batch of new t-shirts and hang round in packs fucking things and people up. Nazi imagery mixed with Clockwork Orange worshipping mentalities. Easy to romanticise skin culture from this point in time, especially considering the current popularity of 'streetpunk' (we used to call it "oi music) but back in the day it mostly sucked. There's a good reason why so many of that scene are now dead.
The Ak Skins finally imploded in the early 1990s. We had a few run-ins with them, but they ended up a sort of comedy of contradictions. There were barely a handfulof them left by then, centred around a Maori guy called Raymond. He'd been an Ak Skin since the mid 1980s, so was far from an original member. He got a bunch of younger guys around him and they'd walk around with their Ak Skins t-shirts and swastika armbands and Afrikaaner Restistance Movement armbands. Raymond started going out with a Jewish girl who was friends with my flatmate! Despite their professed politics, the others didn't seem to question it. But eventually hanging out with that crowd takes it's toll. Beer, pills and smack fuck you up. Girlfriends leave due to the violence, and guys turn on each other when there aren't fags to beat up. One of them left when he got kicked to fuck for drinking beer from one of the others guys coffee mugs. Another went inside for armed robbery of a chemist. Others disappeared. One was spotted a couple of years ago preaching the word of god on the streets (with nazi eagle tattooed on his throat). :lol:

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:20 pm

Raymond is a good friend of mine. The whole time Ive known him he's never been anything but a lovely dude.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

the croc

Postby the croc » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:21 pm

More stories! Love hearing this old shit.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:44 pm

ghetto ninja wrote:Raymond is a good friend of mine. The whole time Ive known him he's never been anything but a lovely dude.

Raymond used to like coming into bars that I was DJing at and picking on my mates. I used to have to set him straight and tell him to leave my fag goth boys alone. The skins were always assholes cos they couldn't pick up goth chicks - well not the awesome ones anyway. He was far from lovely in the mid - late 90s and right into the 00s when Rabble Ben and I saw him telling a young Japanese boy at the Kings Arms to "fuck off home gook".

He might be totally pillfucked now, he never made much sense, so he's harmless but for as long as I've seen him around in AK he's never been "a lovely dude"
http://aotearoa666.com/

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:48 pm

is he the guy with the anarchy symbol on his forehead?
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Yep.
Ive known Raymond since the late 90s, and when I was a grom he did put the fucking fear in me, but since Ive actually got to know him and have spent many days in his bunker in the last few years Ive not heard a single bit of politics out of him and had nothing but laughs. Older and wiser perhaps, im certainly not trying to say he wasnt a nasty cunt though.
Do you remember a fella called Booga, Mel?
Last edited by ghetto ninja on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fagets, right.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:12 pm

I think it's pretty hilarious how most nazi boneheads are too thick to understand the implications of their own philosophy. Under any cold technocratic fascist regime hell bent on purging the genepool your average pharmaceutically fucked inbred with chronic delerium tremors would be the first to be turned into fertilizer. Which is what actually happened in the '30s. After the brains behind that vile ideology got their sweaty mits on the levers of power the first thing they did was slaughter all the thick as pigshit prole thugs that had helped them get there by terrorising the streets.

As for their latter part of the 20th century wannabes and their even sadder present day remnants, they didn't even need to be useful idiots to truely evil cunts to get themselves killed because they were more than capable of getting themselves into terminal situations due to their own mind boggling stupidity.

Over the years I've known enough good people who've been subjected to mindless violence by the aforementioned wankers to have no sympathy for them at all, so I'm not going to lose any sleep if natural selection takes it's toll on the fucking lot of them.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Yeah... can't say I remember Raymond being "lovely" , but it has been awhile. My memories of that lot (in the early to mid 90's) were a lot of posturing in their white tshirts and armbands, going "fuck we're so hard" while we nodded and giggled and drank their piss then left. Probably mostly harmless, unless you happened to be an Asian kid walking home alone. :cry:

Mutante- I have attempted that very conversation with a couple of Nazi munters. It didn't really sink in. They didn't appreciate the whole Brownshirts, Night of the Long Knives analogy.
Uncinia vector

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:25 pm

I've always believed in poetic justice for fascists. Just like a vaccine contains fragged bits of the original illness, the solution to fuckwits like that should be a swift and merciless taste of their own medicine delivered with a slapstick coup de grace.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:29 pm

I might remember Booga if I saw him, the only skins I remember well are Raymond and Soapy (who was sitting at the KA with Chris Bailey in that doco, had a chuckle at him with hair), Fossil (never really sure if he was a skin or a punk).

Chris' face looks familiar, probably seen them all at one gig or party or another.

When it came down to it, I would always prefer to hang out with goths. Then punks. Not so much with metallers or skins.
But there was a lot of crossovers, or there seemed to be, in the 90s.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 pm

most nazi skins arent really into the ideology, its just something that offends people and makes them feel tough, its just the most extreme symbol there is really, even the racism is just something to unite everyone, most of them dont really stick to it, or make ridiculous exception, my current fancy lady is friends with an asian girl who has a nazi skin for a boyfriend.
i met that raymond dude at the krd ballroom some years back, he was alright to me, but i did get the impression he was a bit of a loose unit, he was with some other older skins, most of them looked fuckin dodgy really, and a lot of the aucklanders seemed pretty nervous of them, they were associated to some band, fucked if i can remember now tho.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Its Soapys wedding tomorrow, rather looking forward to it.
fagets, right.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Maleficent wrote:Not so much with metallers or skins.
But there was a lot of crossovers, or there seemed to be, in the 90s.

You should have met the metallers I hung out with as a young teen. Down my way quite a few of them were Maori blokes and had nowt to do with boneheads. Neither did any of the other older guys I attached myself to at that time. Mind you though, there was a big vein of thrash/crossover stuff going on in that crowd, which was a sub-genre that often had overt anti-fash/anti-establishment themes. Personally I found things went to shit in the latter half of the '90s when the metal scene became infested by right wing Phil Anselmo wannabes. Get out of my metal baldie. Fuck off back to your gymnasium with it's full length mirrors.

Still, jumping off that sinking ship sent me on a far more interesting journey.
Last edited by General Mutante on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:10 pm

most of the so called skinheads ive met dont even listen to oi, they listen to metal, shave their heads and think that racism is what makes you 'oi' fuckin tards.

hiv-positive

Postby hiv-positive » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Grand tale from Yellow Romans. Good to read a decent perspective on those often romanticised days of old.

Gotta echo Mutantes sentiments on the hell that was the mid 90's for Pantera worshipping wannabe skins. Has to be something in the provincial waters that turns your average cunt into a straight up stinkus cuntimus maximus.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Most south island boneheads are into Slipknot and other such abominations. One of them hilariously tried to attack myself and my mate on a bus some years ago because he asked us if we liked Slipknot and we said they were shit.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:39 pm

I went to Pantera in Chch about 2000, about ten years after I was vaguely into them. The whole Chch town hall was a 50/50 mix of long haired metallers and boneheads. The whole place smelt like Timotay (sp?) and weed.
I hadn't realised Pantera was so worshipped by South Island rascist munters. It was freaky watching the tension go up during 'Total Fucking Hate'. Probably freakier for the Maori security guard standing next to us by the sound desk.
Uncinia vector

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:46 pm

The only other thing I want to say about the Chris Bailey doco is that I think is his art is pretty awesome. I did enjoy the doco and loved the way he came full circle and eventually felt comfortable with his Maoritanga.

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Also really enjoyed the Yellow Romans post. Heres a tale or two of my own.

When i was 15 my sisters partner at the time was an ex CHCH skin who was now associated with the Dunedin Skins who had recently formed a "crew" with t-shirts, clubhouse, etc, and he took me to a 'getting out of jail party' for Kevin K, one of the leaders of the group. It was fucken intimidating at the time, no fun whatsoever, but it was one of those situations where i was stuck there. They were all friendly for a start, feeding me beer and weed, and this guy Sean kinda became my tour guide showing me round, introducing me to everyone, and directing me to the pot of poppy tea on the stove. And there was heaps of cool music blasting away, i thought it was fucken great. But gradually the mood shifted, and a couple of people got punched over, and people weren't so friendly to me anymore. And that cunt Sean was the worst. Constantly eyeballing me and telling me i was gonna start prospecting. By this time my sisters partner was a blithering drunken idiot so i knew he was good for fuck all. So i got as inebriated as possible and prepared for the worst. But somehow i managed to grab a window of opportunity and got a ride home with this old school crim dude who was mellow as, and could obviously see how this little peck was freaked by the whole situation. Apparently a brawl had erupted later on. The next day one of the skins tried to rouse Sean from sleep but couldn't so he put him in a cold bath with all his clothes on. Too late. Dead from an overdose on poppy tea. The one who put him in the bath shot himself a year or two later. Of all the skins there, about a third are now dead, a third are on the 'done, and fuck knows what the rest are up to.
A few months after that me and a friend were at a party in Timaru and all the United Skins were there, red laces n braces, etc, and their leader, a guy called Hoss, comes past us quiet little chaps in the corner, sidles up to my mate and says " what the fuck are are you giving me filthy looks for?", mate pleads "i wasn't", Hoss says "well you better not, or i'll take you RIGHT out!!!" all wide-eyed and frothing and scary. Gee, thanks Hoss, we feel really relaxed now. And shortly after, a guy got pulped in the kitchen. But somehow we managed to find that window of opportunity. Hoss hung himself a while later while in custody.
And there was that time when that pilled out nutcase, size of a truck, skinhead, rampaged through that party bashing people left right and centre, and this time we found a window alright, and fkn dived out of it. We watched him chase this poor cunt down the street who ran into a random house and started banging on the door.....but no-one answered. He pinned the guy down out the front and started hammering him. The guy was fkn wailing but a cop arrived virtually straight away, must've already been called out, and when the cop saw who it was, he was too scared to get out of the car. We didn't stick around but i know he ended up getting a couple of years for it.
I remember heaps of situations like that around that time, but looking back now its easy to see them as situations that weren't really that major, unless you were a naive 15 year old. But the odd punch in the head from older to younger probably makes both generations feel better about themselves anyway.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

Yellow Romans

Postby Yellow Romans » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:12 pm

I haven't had a chance to watch the doco yet but will get around to it soon. Good on Chris for the path he is on now. It reminds me a bit of a story a Tino Rangatiratanga activist friend of mine told me. He ran into an old friend (or was it cousin?) of his on the street in Ak some time in the early 1990s. The guy had embraced his Maori heritage more as he got older and invited my mate along to some party he was having with his old skinhead mates. He wasn't into that scene any more but still had contact with some of his friends back then. My friend went along with him and felt a bit out of place with his dreadlocks but didn't cop any shit from anyone due to who he had gone to the party with.
I haven't seen Raymond for almost 10 years. He was generally ok to me when he was on his own, but whenever he bought his mates along to anything it always meant trouble and he did little or nothing to stop their fuckhead behaviour. It's good that that scene is gone. The 80s were a pretty shit time in many ways for boneheads (and bootgirls)latching on to other scenes. There was little in the way of alternatives to mainstream music back then so it was inevitable they would find their way into other scenes and wreak havoc. Not just the punk scene either. A friend of mine got attacked by a bootgirl for no reason. While K got a cut on her head, the bootgirl hadn't thought much about her choice of weapon and suffered a real nasty cut to her hand as she didn't realise that if you smash a beer glass (the thin glass kind, not a chunky glass type) on someone's head it is going to shatter and cut your hand to fuck. :lol:
Silly and irrelevant story - If you come across an lp called "Robert the Record" (released 1986) by the band "Robert" (who used to be called ?Fog) take a look at the label. One side is called "nhe side" and the other is "bleh side". Not sure what the "bleh" refers to but the the "nhe" refers to an incident where the band were in a pub. There was a group of boneheads with their t-shirts on. Their shirts used to have "Skinheads" across the top with a large nazi eagle below and "Auckland" written underneath. But when they wore a leather jacket all you could see across the top of the t-shirt was the middle 3 letters. One of the band members or one of their friends went up to one of the boneheads, looked at him and asked "Are you a nhe?' (pronounced like "nhe" is a caveman-like grunt). It copped him a punch but gave everyone a laugh for offending the bonehead.

Yellow Romans

Postby Yellow Romans » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:20 pm

mark tyler wrote:A few months after that me and a friend were at a party in Timaru and all the United Skins were there, red laces n braces, etc, and their leader, a guy called Hoss, comes past us quiet little chaps in the corner, sidles up to my mate and says " what the fuck are are you giving me filthy looks for?", mate pleads "i wasn't", Hoss says "well you better not, or i'll take you RIGHT out!!!" all wide-eyed and frothing and scary.

Maybe I'm just old and don't go to many parties now, but that whole "what the fuck are you looking at" type situation seemed to happen a lot when I was younger. I think society was a lot more aggro in the 1980s and that sort of line was a common way for fuckwits (not just bald ones) to pick fights.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:52 pm

Yellow Romans wrote:Silly and irrelevant story - If you come across an lp called "Robert the Record" (released 1986) by the band "Robert" (who used to be called ?Fog) take a look at the label.

Is that the band responsible for this awesomeness?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-n9m45UOU[/video]

Whitey

Postby Whitey » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:10 am

Watched the Doco, thought it was pretty average tbh. Wanted to see/hear more about his 'skin head' days.
I used to go to the same school as him (Marcellin College) haha.

More stories from the older generation :)
BigBadBazza wrote:keep your shit life experiences for facebook status updates

the croc

Postby the croc » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:26 am

Whitey wrote:Watched the Doco, thought it was pretty average tbh. Wanted to see/hear more about his 'skin head' days.
I used to go to the same school as him (Marcellin College) haha.

More stories from the older generation :)

I watched it last night, thought it was good as. I guess the focus was more on his life these days and his art rather than delving too deep into his past.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

Whitey

Postby Whitey » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:11 am

Yeah totally. I mean, it's awesome he's sorted himself out and appears to be happy, just thought it was going to be a full doco on the nz skin scene. Actually thought I had the wrong doco for awhile. I blame eddie ;)
BigBadBazza wrote:keep your shit life experiences for facebook status updates

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:08 am

Yellow Romans wrote:Maybe I'm just old and don't go to many parties now, but that whole "what the fuck are you looking at" type situation seemed to happen a lot when I was younger. I think society was a lot more aggro in the 1980s and that sort of line was a common way for fuckwits (not just bald ones) to pick fights.

no, im old and still go to parties and that shit hasnt hcanged in the last 20 years, i had a big meathead of a WP skin pick a fight at a party, bout two years ago, an old buddy of JL's from papamoa, what the fuck he wanted to come to a party for i dunno, it was a nice chilled out gathering and this cunt just walked around looking for a fight, he looks exactly like that fucktard that picked a fight with me at the kings arms that manual clocked with my boltcutters, just a wee bit shorter, but same attitude and aspect in every way.

Yellow Romans

Postby Yellow Romans » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:02 pm

General Mutante wrote:
Yellow Romans wrote:Silly and irrelevant story - If you come across an lp called "Robert the Record" (released 1986) by the band "Robert" (who used to be called ?Fog) take a look at the label.

Is that the band responsible for this awesomeness?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3-n9m45UOU[/video]

Same band indeed. I believe the song in that video was about a guy I knew called Ray. Some of the scenes in the video are filmed at/outside their house on a side street off K Road, opposite the Rising Sun tavern, which was an important venue at the time. Quite a rough neighbourhood back then, it was the main redlight district with strip clubs, women working the street and dodgy as fuck bars.
?Fog put out a cool 7" called "Fat Man With a Big Dork"; buy it if ya see it. The title track has silly/awesome lyrics - stuff like "The fat man with a big dork/ large biceps and a good tan/ look where it got him/ cancer of the scrotum". Over a few years the band evolved from ?Fog to Robert to Surgical Brain Implants. The aforementioned Ray said he saw them play one time and they had 5 guitarists on stage at once. I think Slammy talked about going to a ?Fog gig (last weekend of a venue called "Mainstreet") in his "23 years of Hell Yeah" thread. They were a band where the performance on stage was just as entertaining as their music.

WestyRocker

Postby WestyRocker » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Cheers for posting that link Ghetto Ninja ,it brought back some memories of back in the day I saw Chris play in the Misunderstood and the Plague a few times and met him a couple of times at other gigs,we never had a problem with the AK skins and had a few big nights at the Boot Girls club,that picture of them is cool in the documentary what an awesome bunch of Girls the first one I met was Jo Cool up at Phil Matthias(R.I.P) Tattoo studio on College hill.(Often wondered what happened to them and the AK Skins Oi Oi).
I know Raymond well and always found him to be a good Bastard ha,vent seen him for ages now but also recognise a few of the other names from meeting them at 109 in Mt Eden,Raymond had a cool room there it had a secret exit tunnel through a wardrobe which was put to good use one night when the cops kicked the front door in we all scurried out to a gig up the road at the Powerstation.(Warners and Sticky Filth)

Return to “Miscellaneous”