nails

How do you shit?

Postby nails » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Innovation

so you can sh*t like this.

for full article

http://www.naturesplatform.com/health_benefits.html

Historical Background
Man, like his fellow primates, has always used the squatting position for elimination. Infants of every culture instinctively adopt this posture to relieve themselves. Although it may seem strange to someone who has spent his entire life deprived of the experience, this is the way the human body was designed to function.

And this is the way our ancestors performed their bodily functions until the middle of the 19th century. Before that time, chair-like toilets had only been used by royalty and the disabled. But with the advent of indoor plumbing in the 1800's, the throne-like water closet was invented 22 to give ordinary people the same "dignity" previously reserved for kings and queens. The plumber and cabinet maker who designed it had no knowledge of human physiology – and sincerely believed that they were improving people's lives.

The new device symbolized the "progress" and "creativity" of western civilization. It showed that Man could "improve" on Nature and transcend the primitive cultural practices followed by the poor "benighted" natives in the colonies. The "White Man's Burden" typified the condescending Victorian attitude toward other races and cultures.

The British plumbing industry moved quickly to install indoor plumbing and water closets throughout the country. The great benefits of improved sanitation caused people to overlook a major ergonomic blunder: The sitting position makes elimination difficult and incomplete, and forces one to strain.

Those who could not overlook this drawback had to keep silent, because the subject was considered unmentionable. Furthermore, how could they criticize the "necessary" used by Queen Victoria herself? (Hers was gold-plated, befitting the self-styled "Empress of India.")

So, like the Emperor’s New Clothes, the water closet was tacitly accepted. It was a grudging acceptance, as evidenced by the popularity of "squatting stools" sold in the famous department store, Harrods of London. As shown below on the left, these footstools merely elevated one's feet in a crude attempt to imitate squatting.

Learn more about this comparison
The rest of Western Europe, as well as Australia and North America, did not want to appear less civilized than Great Britain, whose vast empire at the time made it the most powerful country on Earth. So, within a few decades, most of the industrialized world had adopted "The Emperor's New Throne."

150 years ago, no one could have predicted how this change would affect the health of the population. But today, many physicians blame the modern toilet for the high incidence of a number of serious ailments. Westernized countries have much higher rates of colon and pelvic disease, as illustrated by this report in the Israel Journal of Medical Science:

The prevalences of bowel diseases (hemorrhoids, appendicitis, polyps, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticular disease, and colon cancer) are similar in South African whites and in populations of prosperous western countries. Among rural South African blacks with a traditional life style, these diseases are very uncommon or almost unknown.19
The following sections will examine these and other diseases in more detail to see how an unnatural toilet posture could produce such a wide range of harmful effects.

The Way to Go

by Wal Bowles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not only are we what we eat,
We're also what we don't excrete.
And if we sit instead of squat,
Retaining some of what we've got,
This putrefaction will increase,
When what we want is fast release
Of toxic waste from bowel and cell.
So, to keep our bodies well,
Squatting helps the waste to flow.
Squatting is the way to go!

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Re: How do you shit?

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:00 pm

when constipated i have wished mightily for such a device.

or better yet, one of these.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

buckton

Postby buckton » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:06 pm

I have no problem shitting in the throne like seated position and rarely have to force it.
ImageImageImage

Danny-Boy

Postby Danny-Boy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:18 pm

I stand up to wipe my ass.

cirE

Postby cirE » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 pm

scrunch or fold?
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:30 pm

clean snap ftw
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

Danny-Boy

Postby Danny-Boy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 pm

cirE wrote:scrunch or fold?

Combination. Mostly fold.

[TeamPropagandhi]Mob King

Postby [TeamPropagandhi]Mob King » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Squat toilets > smearing my butt-cheeks where your haemorrhoids have just been
Make assassinations, not war!

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:54 pm

i am a squat toilet supporter, might have to make some sort of fold out step/stool arrangement when i build my house.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

nails

Postby nails » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:48 am

Never tried a squat before, is it that comfortable?

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:07 pm

youve never shat in the bush, seriously?

wassup rockers

Postby wassup rockers » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:09 pm

squating rules

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Standing, fold.

I dislike shitting in the bush.

nails

Postby nails » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:21 pm

nah never shat in the bush, never needed to
never shat under water either

im looking forward to shitting while climbing a cliff

daggers

Postby daggers » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:51 pm

sitting, 3 squares fold
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:16 pm

usually take my DS to the shitter. Way better than taking the newspaper.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:38 pm

i sometimes take my lappy

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:34 am

I can't have a shit without taking reading material. Normally take 2-3 books/magazines, as I can never decide which.
I think it's lint.

buckton

Postby buckton » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:41 am

I'd probably fall over in my shit if I tried to squat.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:55 am

well ya are meant to dig a hole first to squat over so you'd have to be pretty unco, or unlucky, to pull that off.

lived where the only toilet was a longdrop designed to make squatting compulsory for a while, does seem a bit better tbh.

really far too much information than required in this thread :?

don't really get the reading/taking entertainment while having a crap thing. you all really badly constipated so it takes fucking ages in there or something? eat some fucking all bran.

and in case ya not sure if you are or not:
Types 1 and 2 indicate constipation, with 3 and 4 being the "ideal stools" especially the latter, as they are the easiest to defecate, and 5–7 tending towards diarrhoea.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Hipster_Faggot

Postby Hipster_Faggot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 am

Squatting really makes an opiate binge easier to handle

Fadge.

Postby Fadge. » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:10 pm

cool bro.

buckton

Postby buckton » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Type 4 would be considered a healthy shit, yeah?

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:59 pm

thats what is says, if you read the footnote.

I also do not understand reading material. If it takes me more than a minute or two, I know I've been eating really badly or binge drinking.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:01 pm

nah that one means you have bowel cancer.

sick cunt

Postby sick cunt » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:54 pm

6 and 7 look like my shit after a night on the woodys,fuck yeah gotta have a read of something while taking a dump

cirE

Postby cirE » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Red_switch wrote:I can't have a shit without taking reading material. Normally take 2-3 books/magazines, as I can never decide which.

i hate shitting and sitting there smelling my own shit. do you like the smell of your own shit? i just shit and gap. got more important things to do. shitting takes me 5 minutes max. i know people that sit in the shitter for hours reading shit though. shit.

shit.
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Used to take a good hour long shit at my old job.. Just it was so boring most of the time and i'd do it after lunch to extend my lunch break. Some times didn't even shit just sat there reading the trashy mags that float round engineering workshops

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Mostly Awesome, Sometimes Funny, Occasionally WTF!?!?!?!?!?

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:52 pm

gold advice from my section commander: "cut it short and wipe it deep, lads"

Return to “Miscellaneous”