Earthquakes accused of institutional racism

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Earthquakes accused of institutional racism

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:01 pm

October 6, 2009

As the death toll from the Samoan earthquake and subsequent tsunami rose to 170, earthquakes everywhere were accused of racial discrimination.

The latest tragic earthquake attack follows similar attacks in other parts of the world considered predominantly ‘not white’.

In the last few years unprovoked earthquakes have taken thousands of lives in Iran, Pakistan, China and Indonesia whilst a so-called earthquake attack on the indigenous UK population in March this year claimed no lives, with only minor property damage.

Anger

The Race Equality Commission has expressed its anger at the behaviour of the planet’s earthquakes.

“They are clearly working to a racist agenda, and anyone suggesting otherwise is obviously in denial.” said a spokesperson.

“It seems that each year thousands of people that the BNP would classify as ‘not-white’ die in what can only be considered unprovoked attacks.”

“If they’re not, can someone tell me why it’s been so long since an earthquakes hit mainland United States, hmm?”

“That pathetic one that hit the UK last year was frankly an embarrassment, it was nothing more than a nod to political correctness.”

“Whichever deity is in charge of the earthquakes is nothing more than a terrorist with racist tendencies.”

Myth

A Nottingham-based victim of last years UK earthquake was quick to dispel the racism myth.

“It’s utter tosh,” he told us.

“We lost four roof slates and had to re-plaster the pantry. Is that something you’d expect from an earthquake that favoured white people?”
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Re: Earthquakes accused of institutional racism

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:04 pm

seems no surprise that nobody was killed in the chch shake doesnt it, or that 35% of those adversely affected are non-white.

its those bloody earthquake machines again.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Mattsturbate

Postby Mattsturbate » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:34 pm

it's an interesting idea though...not saying I believe in it but if such a thing as an "earthquake machine" existed then surely we would never ever be allowed to know, right? but then again yeah a large part of why there were no fatalities on chch was the 4am timing of it. and i guess the fact that chch is nowhere near as densely populated as pakistan, china etc

I've heard the idea tied into the Indonesian tsunami, that the US did it to quell the rise of radical islam in the worlds largest muslim nation. Again though, I dont necessarily believe in it, its just food for thought

bridge.

Postby bridge. » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:42 pm

nom nom nom

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:04 pm

man made earthquakes are reality, the edgecumbe quake of 1987 may have been one, but theres no such thing as an earthquake machine.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Christchurch is very sparsely populated. It covers quite a big area but there's less than 400,000 people in it. There's large sections, big parks and long stretches of industrial and storage areas.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:43 am

xSUSPECTx wrote:man made earthquakes are reality, the edgecumbe quake of 1987 may have been one, but theres no such thing as an earthquake machine.

Oh yep!

In all seriousness, the filling of the worlds largest hydro reservoirs has been linked to seismic activity. Apparently fairly significant seismic activity is expected to accompany the draining of Lake Powell.
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 am

thats 50% of the dams in the area...

relatively small lakes have been blamed for seismic events in china and america.

pitts

Postby pitts » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:24 pm

Could be better building codes as well. :idea:

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:59 pm

well when your house is basically a stack of rocks held together with dried mud you know all about it when it falls on you, chch was saved by being mostly made of wood, as you can see it was bricks that fell the fuck down everywhere, fuck all to do with building codes, kinda annoys me that people attribute so much credit to such a annoying thing, having said that tho, the sheer amount of hurricane ties and suchlike used on modern houses means that every single bit is well secured to every other bit, no earthquake could make them fall down, but id say 90% of the buildings in chchch predate that sorta thing, the point is more that you can smash a wooden wall held together with nails and it kinda sticks together, a brick or stone wall however just crumbles.

CFH

Postby CFH » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:09 pm

this is all food for thought

the croc

Postby the croc » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:12 pm

Groundwater overallocation?

Status

A Red Zone is where Environment Canterbury's assessment shows that the total amount of groundwater currently allocated exceeds the allocation limit.

A Yellow Zone is where Environment Canterbury's assessment shows that the total amount of groundwater currently allocated is 80% of the allocation limit.

A White Zone is where Environment Canterbury's assessment shows that the total amount of groundwater currently allocated is less than 80% of the allocation limit.

http://www.ecan.govt.nz/services/online ... e-map.aspx
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:36 am

xSUSPECTx wrote:well when your house is basically a stack of rocks held together with dried mud you know all about it when it falls on you, chch was saved by being mostly made of wood, as you can see it was bricks that fell the fuck down everywhere, fuck all to do with building codes, kinda annoys me that people attribute so much credit to such a annoying thing, having said that tho, the sheer amount of hurricane ties and suchlike used on modern houses means that every single bit is well secured to every other bit, no earthquake could make them fall down, but id say 90% of the buildings in chchch predate that sorta thing, the point is more that you can smash a wooden wall held together with nails and it kinda sticks together, a brick or stone wall however just crumbles.

not exactly.
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:43 pm

tell me how it is exactly then, im sure you once talked to your mates dads uncle who is a builder in a pub.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:58 pm

You're right about the wooden homes.

But the best way to ensure structural integrity is to have a mechanism of dampening between the foundation and the structure. This is not really practically achievable when you have a slab foundation, the type NZers are currently obsessed with.

When we see something above magnitude 9, it will be a different story.
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:05 pm

well yeh, but if we get a 9 that will be 2012 anyway, the whole world will be fucked

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:06 pm

The Alpine Fault will rupture 9+, that's as much as a certainty.
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:08 pm

and that means what, volcanoes?

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:12 pm

It means that just about regardless of depth pretty much all of the South Island will be fucked to varying degrees. The people who actually think about this shit point out that the ChCh quake has just illustrated how un-prepared we are for such an event.
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:32 pm

fucked, is that the geological science term?

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Yes, that's exactly what most earth scientists would say.
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:37 pm

wouldnt they make some kind of horrible joke about the earth moving under their feet?

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Don't worry. King Brownlee will save us.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:11 pm

ive got my money on the autobots.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Cunt.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:53 pm

you know you deserve it.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:20 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:tell me how it is exactly then, im sure you once talked to your mates dads uncle who is a builder in a pub.

I've grown a real love for red switch over this shit. I like to think that in other realms he drops knowledge on people referenced back to punkas.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:30 pm

I could recommend you a book on this shit if you want pert. None of this food bullshit.
I think it's lint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:36 pm

loloolololololo

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:51 pm

http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Books/Science/Earth_Sciences/Geology/9781877480003/

I think you'd dig this book Phil, it's a fuckin beauty. And it has an amazing picture of the center of my research on the cover.
I think it's lint.

Return to “Miscellaneous”