Noise Control TV3

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Re: Noise Control TV3

Postby PertHJ » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:15 am

You can look at it the other way too though, there were probably a shit ton of really good bands that didn't make it because no one heard them. And good bands do stick out amongst the shit still, if anything for a band to survive in this day in age they have to be REALLY good.

maybe
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

yellowbus

Postby yellowbus » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:36 am

Phlegethon wrote:at fifteen i was smoking and poking bitches behind the bike sheds in my lunchtimes ... oh no wait, that was rex.

i was sitting in my room playing video games. full time doep cuntg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:57 am

PertHJ wrote:You can look at it the other way too though, there were probably a shit ton of really good bands that didn't make it because no one heard them. And good bands do stick out amongst the shit still, if anything for a band to survive in this day in age they have to be REALLY good.

maybe

haha, i dont think you believe that pert.

i note nobody can answer my question.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:
PertHJ wrote:You can look at it the other way too though, there were probably a shit ton of really good bands that didn't make it because no one heard them. And good bands do stick out amongst the shit still, if anything for a band to survive in this day in age they have to be REALLY good.

maybe

This one?

xSUSPECTx wrote:is there anything in the mainstream today thats not total rubbish?

It's purely subjective of course how you define 'mainstream' and how you define 'rubbish.'

Recentish bands I like right now that a fairly well known and get at least a little bit of radio/tv play: Queens of the Stone Age, Tool, Jurassic 5.........fuck all those bands have been around for 10 years or more.

To be honest other than punk/hardcore bands, there aren't any new/young bands/musicians that appeal to me at all that I can think of right now.

Soooo to answer your question.......no.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:26 pm

http://www.rianz.org.nz/rianz/chart.asp

I don't recognise most of the artists but the ones I do are utter shit.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:36 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:

maybe

But if you heard those bands (Bush etc), for the first time today, would you like them at all or just pass them off as another main stream shitty rock band? I suspect bands like fall out boy, good Charlotte etc (mainstream rock bands) will be talked about in the same vain in 10+years by hard out punxxx.

And I do believe what I posted to an extent, the internet has exposed me/my friends to bands we might not have heard of otherwise. But I also agree with twoshoes in that it is harder to be passionate about a band because of the number we are exposed to. The good ones DO shine through though.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:42 pm

so whats one of these good bands? you surely cant be advancing good charlotte as an example, despite anything else, i remember them being around in the 90's :P

the croc wrote:Recentish bands I like right now that a fairly well known and get at least a little bit of radio/tv play: Queens of the Stone Age, Tool, Jurassic 5.........fuck all those bands have been around for 10 years or more.
yeh, those are all old as bands you old fogies, tool are probably closer to 20 years old than they are to 10, lol.

surely theres something current thats not utter shit, its not like i set the bar high with live and bush :D
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:52 pm

That's my point, I don't think GC or FOB are good, Just in the way that if I heard Live or Bush today Id think they were utter rubbish. However no doubt these bands will be enjoyed by kids who don't know any better and will hold a soft spot for them for years to come, just as you have with Bush and live, who in reality, are fucking appalling bands.

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:56 pm

whats that Aussie band they thrash on the Rock... they sound like AC/DC or like they have at least a goodly amount of rocknroll times up their sleeves. They're pretty new and sound damn good. So damn good I can't remember their name :lol:
Google check - AIRBOURNE! They started in 2003, like their sound a lot.

And I thought Bush, live etc were complete shit when I heard them! Ugh you kids =p They are all just shitty mainstream softcock bands!
Oasis and Blur were a lot of fun, the Gallagher brothers were always very entertaining.

I like some of the singles from Lady Gagas Fame Monster, I think she's done a very clever job of ripping off goth/industrial sounds and giving them pop sensibilities. It's about time someone made some money/a pop career doing that.
http://aotearoa666.com/

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:11 pm

PERT THOSE ARE REALLY OLD BANDS AND DONT COUNT.
they are almost as old as bush and live.

fall out boy are a bit of a trendy band arent they? not really what i mean by mainstream, i guess im referring to what provincial types like me will be listening to.

havnt heard airbourne, i dont listen to the radio at all at the moment.

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:16 pm

you're missing out Phil

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uANVBPVaf-g[/youtube]

they thrash em on the Rock in your area, was listening to it on my way through a few months ago.

I listen to the Rock, Radio Ngāti Porou, Classic Hits, and Most FM on Monday nights. Control is quite good too. I like a bit of radio, I do.
Should listen to National Radio a bit more...

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:17 pm

if you've heard AC/DC, you've heard Airbourne.... my mate DJ'd at one of their first shows here and management stipulated he was absolutely NOT to play any AC/DC or Rose Tattoo, hahahahaha
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:20 pm

that isn't a surprise, but, considering how many bands out there WANT to pull off the AC/DC schtick, I reckon these guys do it really well.

and at least it's not flaccid teabag bollocks like live or bush

whats some mainstream stuff you listen to Logan?
you usually have alright taste...

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:34 pm

heaps of shit mate... I'm gonna go make a sammich, I'll come out of the closet when I'm done with that...
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:36 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:PERT THOSE ARE REALLY OLD BANDS AND DONT COUNT.

My point still bands, these bands you talk about as being 'good', weren't. Just as rock bands today aren't good either, but will be thought upon with fond memories by the kiddies that enjoyed them.

I don't listen to the radio either so I'm not able to give you an example of some top 10 shitty rock band that will fondly remind punks of their youth 15 years from now.
Last edited by PertHJ on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:37 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote: not really what i mean by mainstream, i guess im referring to what provincial types like me will be listening to.

Hard trance/techno. Huge in the provinces. No shit.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:59 pm

haha, true, is there some of it thats not utter shit?
i cant tell.

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:03 pm

yeh people around here listen to it; kinda reminds me of AK in the 90s when everyone up there was listening to it :/

I like some of the reggae bands coming out now from NZ. Katchafire of course, and 1814 are pretty damn rocking

having said all of that though, i save my money to spend on bands i actually slaver over :)

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:05 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:haha, true, is there some of it thats not utter shit?
i cant tell.

No.

I think this sort of thing is really popular too:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIgLwCCxbU[/youtube]

I had the unpleasant experience of being stuck on a boat earlier this year for ten days with an 18 yo rugby head who played nothing but the new Black Eyed Peas album at full volume. He was also quite into techno and the kind of metally shit posted above. And he grew up in Picton.

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:05 pm

I listen to Hauraki at work, National Programme at home, and The Most FM sometimes.
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:06 pm

PertHJ wrote:
xSUSPECTx wrote:PERT THOSE ARE REALLY OLD BANDS AND DONT COUNT.

My point still bands, these bands you talk about as being 'good', weren't. Just as rock bands today aren't good either, but will be thought upon with fond memories by the kiddies that enjoyed them.

I don't listen to the radio either so I'm not able to give you an example of some top 10 shitty rock band that will fondly remind punks of their youth 15 years from now.

i dont think your point does stand, as the bands you brought up are already old...

but you are right that bush and live are crap, but surely theres something of a similar level of crap around today, not just straight pop music?
oasis are FAR more crap tho, their music makes me die inside.

i think this thread has made me realise that we are all a bunch of sad old cunts.

cirE

Postby cirE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:11 pm

muse?

wolfmother

lol
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:13 pm

xSUSPECTx wrote:i think this thread has made me realise that we are all a bunch of sad old cunts.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

This may shed some light on what's currently cool: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... est%202010

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm

cirE wrote:muse?

wolfmother

lol

I was thinking Muse too but they started in 94 and was getting big when I was 15-16.

Wolfmother started ten years ago

cirE

Postby cirE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:23 pm

how "new" are we talking about

if they are a big pop band that gets mainstream acceptence chances are they've actually been around a while etc
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:29 pm

Paramore is pretty main stream these days right? My chemical romance although they've been a bit quiet of late? Mainstream bands are generally shit, too much time pretending they are hard as fuck. I think that's why I prefer really poppy shit, no pretending they are anything but.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:53 pm

pert, youre too old to answer my question :P

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:55 pm

It's not fair!! I'm officially out of touch.

Since moving to Auckland I've barely watched any C4, I miss Saturday morning hangs with rubes.

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Yeah, since we got sky I dont have a clue about music these days. Every now and again I flick over and am always astonished at the terrible new artists I have never heard of.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

Lummoxgrinder

Postby Lummoxgrinder » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:17 pm

There's way way too much autotuner used in music. These dicks obviously cant sing if they need the recording studio to correct their voices. Most of the lyrics are drivel about rape but in a mainstream kinda way so it just sounds like a "nice" song about "love"

Phase 1 - No talent rapist
Phase 2 - ?????
Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Pretty pissed I'm not on the no talent rapist bandwagon there's loads of money to be made.

Return to “Miscellaneous”