The Trivial Irritations Thread

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
TimShadbolt

Re: The Trivial Irritations Thread

Postby TimShadbolt » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Philfy Vermin wrote:
TimShadbolt wrote:I think there are definitely fundamentalist/militant Atheists out there. Would Dawkins be an example of this? I dunno. There are cunts on facebook that post daily about how "stupid" and "retarded" religious people are. Does it actually directly affect their lives what their workmate/neighbour/associate/acquaintance believes? No.

you really believe that, that religion is totally benign? :roll:
i cant even begin to list the myriad of tiny injustices and evils that happen on a daily basis because of religion, id never stop.
but on a bigger scale, opposition to gay marriage was mostly a christian thing, you dont see that attitude as a problem?
seeing as this is something that affects me, i get kinda annoyed when stink cunts tell me religion is harmess

I don't and would never advocate the crossover of religion and politics.

Philfy Vermin wrote:
hiv-positive wrote: The only thing that genuinely bugs me about atheism is this recent wave of fedora-core atheism that Dawkins and co have unwittingly unleashed on the world via edgy American teens.

these people do suck, it irritates when i see them unreasonably hating on people just cos they are religious, thats the reason religion is bad, atheism isnt some opposing number, its not the crips and bloods, justifying your unreason and hate with their unreason and hate, is one of the biggest things wrong with theism, leave that to religious sects, cant beat them by becoming like them.

Have to agree with you guys there. Again, each to their own. Everybody should just respect the beliefs of their fellow man and leave it be. If there wasn't a crossover between religion and politics then I'd like to think that this wouldn't even be an issue worth debating...

Drax

Postby Drax » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Blah blah blah.

Fuck up cunts.

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:02 pm

PertHJ wrote:
Marrow wrote:
also, i found my old trilby recently, but thanx to the fact that 'fedora-core' is a thing, i dont feel comfortable wearing it anymore, not since a big gay checkout boy told me i looked like a pop-star.
Yeah I had a sweet one I was given for my birthday a while back, but wouldnt wear it these days. I kinda feel like someone who liked to wear check shirts and thick rim glasses before hipster became a thing.

^This. Trying to explain that I wore them before they were cool makes a bad situation much worse.

:lol:

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:44 pm

PertHJ wrote:
Marrow wrote:
also, i found my old trilby recently, but thanx to the fact that 'fedora-core' is a thing, i dont feel comfortable wearing it anymore, not since a big gay checkout boy told me i looked like a pop-star.
Yeah I had a sweet one I was given for my birthday a while back, but wouldnt wear it these days. I kinda feel like someone who liked to wear check shirts and thick rim glasses before hipster became a thing.

^This. Trying to explain that I wore them before they were cool makes a bad situation much worse.
"I wore this before it was in"
Yeah, doesn't make you sound like a huge fucking hipster at all :calav:

Philfy Vermin
Location: pointing two fingers at head and making 'peow' noises

Postby Philfy Vermin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:Tolerance is for pussies!

this quote in a circulsr dedign with adrian edmondsen aa vivians face, good shoulder patch
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

General Mutante wrote:You're so controversial. I can't handle it.

Dick Dynamite

Postby Dick Dynamite » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 pm

I work at a little coffee stand in a park and there's very rarely even a line waiting. Its irritating when someone orders and then is all "I'll be right back!" when its half madecand vanishes for 5 minutes.

How the Fuck long do you think espresso takes? Wait the remaining 10 seconds and take the damn thing away with you!

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:09 pm

TimShadbolt wrote:
Philfy Vermin wrote:
hiv-positive wrote: The only thing that genuinely bugs me about atheism is this recent wave of fedora-core atheism that Dawkins and co have unwittingly unleashed on the world via edgy American teens.

these people do suck, it irritates when i see them unreasonably hating on people just cos they are religious, thats the reason religion is bad, atheism isnt some opposing number, its not the crips and bloods, justifying your unreason and hate with their unreason and hate, is one of the biggest things wrong with theism, leave that to religious sects, cant beat them by becoming like them.

Have to agree with you guys there. Again, each to their own. Everybody should just respect the beliefs of their fellow man and leave it be. If there wasn't a crossover between religion and politics then I'd like to think that this wouldn't even be an issue worth debating...

i dont like you
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:16 pm

aerozol wrote:
PertHJ wrote:Trying to explain that I wore them before they were cool makes a bad situation much worse.
"I wore this before it was in"
Yeah, doesn't make you sound like a huge fucking hipster at all :calav:

ahhhhh, yeah?
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:18 pm

the punishment for wearing ben shermans doubles if you stop.

Max

Postby Max » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:15 am

I guess I missed out on the geeky atheist in a fedora thing, don't recall ever seeing anyone actually wearing one. Is it an actual trend or just a weird 4chan/tumblr thing?

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:46 am

Both. I don't think it's really made its way here from america yet, but it's definitely something somewhere
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:16 am

I think in Auckland it's the trying-to-stay-hip-grey-lynn-dads that have really ruined the trilby. That at BBQ Reggae.

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:41 am

Oh god BBQ reggae is a TI all by itself!
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:58 am

i think the fact you can get a pinstriped trilby for under $20 is what killed it, i paid $80 odd for my hills, then i switched to cheesecutters, but even those are hipster douched out now... been wearing a raiders cap again lately, just cos its less pretentious.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:20 am

How did the raiders get on last year phil? Get a chance to watch many games?

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:24 am

I think the cheap trilbys kicked off when Timberlake started wearing them.

snuff wrote:Oh god BBQ reggae is a TI all by itself!

Yeah, I guess I avoid BBQ reggae for the most part, whereas my urbane cafe lifestyle puts me in regular contact with grey lynn dads.

Little Miss Twoshoes

Postby Little Miss Twoshoes » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:25 am

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:How did the raiders get on last year phil? Get a chance to watch many games?
He likes them ironically.
"Personally, monsieur," said Poirot, "I don't give le fuck."

Shoot first, think never!

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:37 am

PertHJ wrote:I think the cheap trilbys kicked off when Timberlake started wearing them.

which would explain the well meaning but inadvertently offensive 'pop-star' remark, seriously, that was about 6 years ago, i havnt worn it since.

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:How did the raiders get on last year phil? Get a chance to watch many games?

i didnt even know they werent the LA raiders any more, not until i found the cap i have now in a park one drunken night and looked them up on wikipedia.
i had a raiders cap back in the early 90's when they were, but that was only cos i was into bodycount.
i also have a chicago bulls hat, but i only got it cos i think red leather looks mean.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:46 am

oh yeh, trivial irritation, freeze dried food for camping/hiking what utterly pointless shit, fuck next time i see somebody with that shit im gunna fuckin spaz out.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:14 am

I still retch at the thought of the "cooked breakfast" done by Back Cunt Meals
Uncinia vector. Sandfly victim. Part of the trans agenda to invade men's public toilets...

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 am

the logic of carrying dried food cos its lighter but then lugging couple of litres of water fucking infuriates me.
dried peas etc are tolerable if its long term storage youre after.

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:17 pm

TimShadbolt wrote:
Philfy Vermin wrote:
TimShadbolt wrote:I think there are definitely fundamentalist/militant Atheists out there. Would Dawkins be an example of this? I dunno. There are cunts on facebook that post daily about how "stupid" and "retarded" religious people are. Does it actually directly affect their lives what their workmate/neighbour/associate/acquaintance believes? No.

you really believe that, that religion is totally benign? :roll:
i cant even begin to list the myriad of tiny injustices and evils that happen on a daily basis because of religion, id never stop.
but on a bigger scale, opposition to gay marriage was mostly a christian thing, you dont see that attitude as a problem?
seeing as this is something that affects me, i get kinda annoyed when stink cunts tell me religion is harmless

I don't and would never advocate the crossover of religion and politics.

what a fucking cop out, you either think christians/muslims/jews etc should be free to follow their religious beliefs, or you are against slavery, rape and murder

the bible tells them slavery is ok multiple times.
Leviticus 25:
Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

heres a modern christian view on slavery.
"They 'shall be of the heathen' is the key phrase here. God approved of slavery in this instance only because it was His hope that those who became slaves of the Israelites from foreign nations might "be saved." Even though they would lose their earthly freedom, God hoped that they would gain eternal freedom by coming to know Him, which is far more important."

TimShadbolt wrote: Does it actually directly affect their lives what their workmate/neighbour/associate/acquaintance believes? No.

does being a slave directly affect your life?

aerozol

Postby aerozol » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:48 pm

^ she only got 2 years jail for imprisoning that chick for 2 years? The guy only 6 months??

And only had to pay 25k? That seems like an all right deal. I'm sure I can get someone to do well over 50k worth of 'work from home' shit over two years...

Max

Postby Max » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:36 pm

This belongs in the anti-theist shit thread, not the trivial irritations thread. Jehovah's witnesses interrupting your wank session is a trivial irritation. People who harm others and use religion to justify it go a bit beyond that.

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Philfy Vermin wrote:what a fucking cop out, you either think christians/muslims/jews etc should be free to follow their religious beliefs, or you are against slavery, rape and murder

Nah both oi.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:28 am

When I wake up to find that I'm not making sweet love to Zooey Deschanel, but am in fact enthusiastically dry humping a sofa.

Or is that one for the dreams thread?
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Little Miss Twoshoes

Postby Little Miss Twoshoes » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:20 am

Nah, this thread is apt, the Zooey Deschanel is *definitely* a trivial irritation. I fucking hate New Girl, and her ilk, trendy American 'comedy' is the ultimate suxery.
"Personally, monsieur," said Poirot, "I don't give le fuck."

Shoot first, think never!

Philfy Vermin

Postby Philfy Vermin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:47 am

TimShadbolt wrote:
Philfy Vermin wrote:what a fucking cop out, you either think christians/muslims/jews etc should be free to follow their religious beliefs, or you are against slavery, rape and murder

Nah both oi.

:explainittomelikeimfive:

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:16 am

Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Nah, this thread is apt, the Zooey Deschanel is *definitely* a trivial irritation.

Fuck someone should start swinging the banhammer for that kind of talk.
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:32 am

You are talking about the woman I love. Pistols at dawn.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Miscellaneous”