Football thread

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
norty

Football thread

Postby norty » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:11 pm

So, Phoenix are through to the minor semis, All Whites in the World Cup and its the business end of the season for all the other leagues.

Anyone give a fuck or are yous all too busy watching the curling replay on sky?

Ciderman

Re: Football thread

Postby Ciderman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Nix will beat Newcastle but won't get past Sydney/Melbourne based on their away form.

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Real Madrid are an absolute pleasure to watch at the moment.
Because he's the hero Punkas deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
You make my soul complete
Rapture tastes so sweet

norty

Postby norty » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Ciderman wrote:Nix will beat Newcastle but won't get past Sydney/Melbourne based on their away form.

better beat Newcastle...driving down from AK for that game. Pax already exceeded the Perth game! Wellington supporters have done an amazing job

Phlegm

Postby Phlegm » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:04 pm

Ciderman wrote:Nix will beat Newcastle but won't get past Sydney/Melbourne based on their away form.

Agree with this.

Picking 4-0 to Mexico.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:WHAT DOES THAT MEANT TO MEAN

http://smalltakeover.blogspot.com

norty

Postby norty » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:15 pm

they beat bolivia 5-1 tonight but their defense was shite....and despite having to travel economy to LA I reckon we'll draw with Mexico cos we wont give them the opportunities

Anyone going to All Whites vs Socceroos in Melbourne in May? Predictions?

combatrock

Postby combatrock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:31 pm

Refer to my signature for 09/10 Premier League champions. Thanks.

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:33 pm

impossible. Bendtner needs 2 learn how to kick the ball under the crossbar.
Because he's the hero Punkas deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
Rapture tastes so sweet

norty

Postby norty » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:45 pm

combatrock wrote:Refer to my signature for 09/10 Premier League champions. Thanks.

maybe, if you bothered shooting rather than all that nonsense in front of the goal

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:51 pm

norty

Postby norty » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:09 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:54 pm

frontkick

Postby frontkick » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:24 pm

combatrock wrote:Refer to my signature for 09/10 Premier League champions. Thanks.

that should be in the funny shit thread. I know my team aint gonna take it anymore after drawing with city last weekend but pretty sure it's gonna be a race between chelsea and united. the games in the eurpoa league the last two days have been decent
Last edited by frontkick on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

combatrock

Postby combatrock » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Compare the run-ins of Man Utd, Chelsea, and Arsenal and then you'll understand my point.

frontkick

Postby frontkick » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:56 pm

combatrock wrote:Compare the run-ins of Man Utd, Chelsea, and Arsenal and then you'll understand my point.

yeah arsenal's is slightly easier but chelsea are still 6 points ahead and don't look like they'll lose apart from the match against liverpool. plus arsenal will lose a couple i think. still top 4 but not the winners

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:36 am

ARSE BANGER

just sayin'

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
Rapture tastes so sweet

YULE

Postby YULE » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:08 am

Chelsea lose to pool?
Are you cracked?

Whitey

Postby Whitey » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:01 am

Norty where/how do you watch the SPL? Since I've been back in NZ I haven't been able to watch any games :(

Anyone here play?
BigBadBazza wrote:keep your shit life experiences for facebook status updates

frontkick

Postby frontkick » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:59 pm

YULE wrote:Chelsea lose to pool?
Are you cracked?

after the chelsea display against city this morning i'm quite comfortable predicting a win for liverpool in that game. plus i've got money on it so they need to win.

Whitey wrote:Norty where/how do you watch the SPL? Since I've been back in NZ I haven't been able to watch any games :(

Anyone here play?

there's a couple good websites you can watch pretty much any game thats on at that time. i'm lookin to join a team this season up in auckland but don't know who though as i've just moved up. any suggestions

Hamtown Dave

Postby Hamtown Dave » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:59 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU[/youtube]
ONE MAN CREW

Hamtown Dave

Postby Hamtown Dave » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:03 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c[/youtube]
ONE MAN CREW

frontkick

Postby frontkick » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:05 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-_rf2jVxxY[/youtube]

norty

Postby norty » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Whitey wrote:Norty where/how do you watch the SPL? Since I've been back in NZ I haven't been able to watch any games :(

Anyone here play?

Myp2p has lots of options. For big games its best to start streaming early tho cause they tend to fill up quickly. Best results have been using Sopcast or veetle. If you can be fucked paying then channel 67 shows all Celtic games but the quality is no better than free sites. Best option though would be Dogs Bollix when the Auckland CSC bothers to show Celtic games. Also heard that Bar Fifa shows SPL matches.

Also keen to play but cant find any leagues that play week nights and arnt shit (e.g SUB football - the touch rugby of soccer :oops: )

frontkick

Postby frontkick » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:03 pm

norty wrote:

Anyone here play?

Myp2p has lots of options. For big games its best to start streaming early tho cause they tend to fill up quickly. Best results have been using Sopcast or veetle. If you can be fucked paying then channel 67 shows all Celtic games but the quality is no better than free sites. Best option though would be Dogs Bollix when the Auckland CSC bothers to show Celtic games. Also heard that Bar Fifa shows SPL matches.

Also keen to play but cant find any leagues that play week nights and arnt shit (e.g SUB football - the touch rugby of soccer :oops: )

they got weeknight leagues in auckland then?

http://iraqgoals.net/

Best place to watch online. If you look today you'll see there's at least 20 games you could watch

norty

Postby norty » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm

SUB football is a 7 a side weeknight league but the rules are shit. No 'hard' tackles, cant go inside the goal box, and they have 'try boards' either side of the goals which are worth 1 point and a goal is worth 3.

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Terry is such a homo. Quite enjoyed what Bellamy had to say about him after the game..

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
Rapture tastes so sweet

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:55 pm

norty wrote:SUB football is a 7 a side weeknight league but the rules are shit. No 'hard' tackles, cant go inside the goal box, and they have 'try boards' either side of the goals which are worth 1 point and a goal is worth 3.

oh my god :oops:

frontkick

Postby frontkick » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:10 pm

that doesn't sound good at all. i want some hard tackles so i can end up with a leg like Ramsey's this morning

Milky Pisswit

Postby Milky Pisswit » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:52 pm

lol, still got a point out of Shawcross in Fantasy despite the red.

Amping for the 'Nix game this weekend, and stoked the FFA gave us a conditional 10 year license too.

Apart from Liverpool being shitballs (and having a shit year in Fantasy League) it's being a fucking great 12 months for football for me...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 600 character limit.

Whitey

Postby Whitey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:22 am

frontkick wrote:

Anyone here play?

there's a couple good websites you can watch pretty much any game thats on at that time. i'm lookin to join a team this season up in auckland but don't know who though as i've just moved up. any suggestions

There's plenty of clubs to join depending on where you live. I used to play for Central United (now "Auckland City) and Three Kings United.

norty wrote:

Anyone here play?

I had a short attempt at using sopcast but couldn't work the fucking thing out. May need to have another look into it.

norty wrote:Also keen to play but cant find any leagues that play week nights and arnt shit (e.g SUB football - the touch rugby of soccer :oops: )

I play in two indoor leagues because I'm over waking up hungover and attempting to play on a saturday or sunday. One's tuesday night the other is Sunday Night (so there's plenty of time to 'rest up' before the match).
BigBadBazza wrote:keep your shit life experiences for facebook status updates

Return to “Miscellaneous”