Wellington tattoo shops

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
FC
Orange Ska Dork

Re: Wellington tattoo shops

Postby FC » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Well id say you're about as irish as I am english, perhaps even less so, but fuck it, if americans four or five generations out can still refer to themselves as italian americans and irish americans, then anyone probably can.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:16 pm

well are samoans born in nz not samoans anymore? what about maoris in australia?
and yeh, i actually grew up at least in part in the nz irish/catholic culture, i dunno, if youre gunna criticise people who are bland cultureless sheep and gumboots rugby and fernleaf nzmap then its a bit ironic criticising those who choose something a bit more tangible or that means something, just cos i have pale skin doesnt mean i dont have a cultural background and must conform to the non-culture of those sheep mentioned above.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Our culture is rich in wooden toys shaped like bees and fred dagg songs.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

and the four square dude. thanks dick

the croc

Postby the croc » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:06 am

Half of my family plays the bagpipes and wears kilts to social occasions even though our family name Scottish link is from 1837. I'm from the uncultured half and a 7th generation New Zealander.

I guess I could claim Pictish if I wanted too from around the 10th century around Northern and Eastern Scotland. Picti in Latin means "painted or tattooed people."

(Completely inaccurate drawing)

I might just take my heritage all the way back to Homo Habilis and get a tattoo of half ape/half human poking a termite hill with a stick.
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:37 am

there was a tribe on the coast of cornwall still tattooing their faces at the time of the norman invasion, the picts had already been absorbed by the scots at that stage.
my family name is from angus, which was one of the last pictish kingdoms, mind you, the whole of scotland was once alba, the land of the picts, its believed they were another celtic tribe and were simply overrun by the gaels, but nobody knows much more.

i want to get celtic(well, we all know they are actually norse/irish) designs in bright blue, i have for a long time considered getting the whorls in blue, but seeing as nobody really knows what they would look like, and people already take the triskele on my arm as being maori(morons) i think il go with the white trash art style.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

the croc

Postby the croc » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:43 pm

http://www.luckyfish.com/pages/port/pictish.htm

Some apparently Pictish tattoos.

I'm guessing most people would consider those in the class of "sweet tribals."
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:50 pm

i've got something awfully similar to the "pictish glyph tattoo" one in that gallery on my wrist, but it's from the booklet in the sedition LP earthbeat.

i've always liked the idea of getting tattooed using ink made from woad but from what i've heard isn't feasible as it's too caustic and doesn't stay in the skin, oh well.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:56 pm

croc, all of those tatts are gravestone or cave art, for a long time i wanted these two intertwined seahorses as a tattoo, but that the thing is that nothing like what pictish tattoos would have looked like, the best description ive ever heard was of very tight blue spirals, you see it occasionally in pop/fantasy art, but ive figured that the norse/celtic stuff just looks cooler, and altho i have no direct norse ancestry, you cant really escape it when your family is from coastal towns in irealnd and scotland, my grandad is from waterford, it was a norse settlement in ireland.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:59 pm

I grew up with a heavy English influence. I tend to say things like "seaside" instead of "beach" and treat the outdoors as something to be beaten with a stout stick. Also, I ate a lot of bangers and mash and bubble and squeak.

Then there's my ma's side who came here from Scotland in the 1880s and also had a Northern Irish influence. Despite generations here, my nana's generation still used Scottish expressions such as "Eyes like two pissholes in the snow" and I learned the expression "gobshite" somewhere at an early age.

It's amazing what survives, especially if you come from yarn spinners with a good oral tradition of passing down stories. My one big regret though is that apart from a few grainy primitive photographs we don't have much of a physical record. Apparently there was a family bible that came over on the ship that had stuff stashed between the pages going way back to the land clearances and before that the wars that happened on the formation of the UK, but nobody knows who has it now.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:55 pm

rogers tattoos on upper cuba st, it doesnt look very appealing, but the tatooist tommy did my guts there, best job ive ever got professionally. check it out. really decent job, filled in all the lettering first go and didnt miss a spot, alsoperfectly formed old english lettering, not too expensive either. its the oldest tatoo shop in welli city too.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:02 pm

was in Tattoo City the last week, wasn't that impressed, but I wasn't the one getting work done so that was fine.
Apparently Simon from Alc does tattoos now as well, pretty decent.
(went in on a whim last week, he got me a session, worked overtime, then charged me for an hour less than I was expecting. Would recommend his work for sure)

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:12 pm

off topic, but did flesh wound just close down?

deathbyejaculation

Postby deathbyejaculation » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Don't think so. Anyone know about that new place by the basin? Heard they're cheap
Former Child Star wrote:show stolen by punchy the party girl

bobbins

Postby bobbins » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:34 am

Marrow wrote:off topic, but did flesh wound just close down?

Looks that way: http://www.capitaltimes.co.nz/article/3 ... loses.html

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:39 am

bobbins wrote:
Marrow wrote:off topic, but did flesh wound just close down?

Looks that way: http://www.capitaltimes.co.nz/article/3 ... loses.html
:lol: he's going up north to be a hippie, classic. good cunt.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

keg

Postby keg » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Had some primo work on my ribs done by Ali at ALC,also Simon Morse who works there is one of the worlds foremost comic artists and his tattoo work is just as good as his other art

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:12 pm

^backed hard. Is he getting faster?
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:33 pm

I didn't know Simon was tattooing. How long for? His art is great.
Uncinia vector

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:33 pm

~2 years now I think? But yeah, and getting tattooed by him means you get to spend the afternoon checking out all the other sweet art he's got on the walls.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Return to “Miscellaneous”