is america anus about ipods??

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
rex

is america anus about ipods??

Postby rex » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:24 pm

remember reading somewhere awhile back that they were bringing in laws that they can do you for piracy with laptops,ipods etc
im passing through their on my way to canada & im just wondering if its a good idea to take my ipod with me?
anyone in the know?

Craig_Bastard

Re: is america anus about ipods??

Postby Craig_Bastard » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:37 pm

shelve it.
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

rex

Postby rex » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:27 pm

hahaha...........NO!

Tacotistk
trendy hipster

Postby Tacotistk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:55 pm

That law never came to pass. I'd forgotten all about that.
You'd sure as shit know about it if it was real.

It was probably from something VampireLesbos posted.

Rude Mike

Postby Rude Mike » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Tacotistk wrote:It was probably from something VampireLesbos posted.

Yep. :lol:
PILLAGE - http://www.myspace.com/pillagegppvt
Thrashing grinding powerviolence coming straight at you at the speed of death.

frontkick

Postby frontkick » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:18 pm

rex wrote:remember reading somewhere awhile back that they were bringing in laws that they can do you for piracy with laptops,ipods etc
im passing through their on my way to canada & im just wondering if its a good idea to take my ipod with me?
anyone in the know?

how else you gonna block out the sounds of the loud talking americans. but no they don't check as far as I know and i've never been checked any time going through the states

puppykicker

Postby puppykicker » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:55 pm

there are stories about people getting laptops confiscated for having movies and stuff on them, and ipods if they couldnt prove they owned all the music on them, but i doubt its a regular occurance.

they can check and confiscate them if they feel like it though, best bet is to unplug something inside when you go through customs so it wont boot if they feel like having a look through. obv doesnt apply to ipods though...
step up to get yo' rep up

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:49 pm

phaedrus wrote:
puppykicker wrote:best bet is to unplug something inside when you go through customs so it wont boot if they feel like having a look through.

and have it make a ticking noise... and preferably have a couple wires hanging out of it or something... customs will love that shit ;)

with some white powder spilling out somewhere.

Gotta keep them on their toes!
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

Phlegm

Postby Phlegm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:09 pm

To be on the safe side, put it in a plastic bag and swallow it just before you go through customs.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:WHAT DOES THAT MEANT TO MEAN

http://smalltakeover.blogspot.com

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:38 pm

SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Brinn

Postby Brinn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:51 pm

I figure something that size probably didn't enter through their mouth though...

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:51 pm

been through american customs maybe 20 times.. never had them look at or ask about a computer or ipod so i dont think there is anything to worry about. last time i went into the US (in june) i asked the immigration officer if swine flu was a big worry there and he said 'hey, in la, the only thing we are worried about is basketball'

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:25 pm

I had my mp3 player going when I went through the other week, didn't seem to care. The dude was more worried about the fact that since I was only in transit for 4 hours I didn't have an address he could put into the system... it's a little bit cunty there, what with finger scanning and being photographed, Europe is much more pleasant.
I think it's lint.

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:14 pm

Red_switch wrote:I had my mp3 player going when I went through the other week, didn't seem to care. The dude was more worried about the fact that since I was only in transit for 4 hours I didn't have an address he could put into the system... it's a little bit cunty there, what with finger scanning and being photographed, Europe is much more pleasant.

haha i had a friend that didnt know his friends address to put down, he spent 2 hours trying to call them so he could write down the right address. a cleaning lady came up and asked what his problem was, he told her and said 'oh thats easy'. she wrote 'motel 6, airport' and he went straight through

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:23 pm

They're a bit up tight really, I thought the whole online thing (where I had already provided all that info) was supposed to make the whole lot easier. The guy I was dealing with had to call over his supervisor and they were all like shit he's in transit for four hours before heading to frankfurt, how do we give that an address? Surely that must happen many times daily at LAX? Like I'm gonna bail on my flight to Frankfurt to do crimes in LA, hmmm probably should have!
I think it's lint.

Phlegm

Postby Phlegm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:31 pm

scott penk wrote:been through american customs maybe 20 times.. never had them look at or ask about a computer or ipod so i dont think there is anything to worry about. last time i went into the US (in june) i asked the immigration officer if swine flu was a big worry there and he said 'hey, in la, the only thing we are worried about is basketball'

Really? Last time I was in the states at San Francisco airport I had to take off my shoes and socks, which was weird. First time through LAX I was held up for a couple of hours as I didn't have an onwards ticket, thanks to a travel agent in Mexico City insisting it would be cheaper and easier to get an onwards flight in LA. I don't think he had buying it in an office in LAX on his mind, which happened after a long but reasonably friendly interrogation. They seemed less strict as far as safety concerns than San Francisco though.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:WHAT DOES THAT MEANT TO MEAN

http://smalltakeover.blogspot.com

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:37 pm

I had to ditch shoes and socks going through security to depart LAX. The place stunk.
I think it's lint.

[absolut d-takt råpunk]

Postby [absolut d-takt råpunk] » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:42 am

i had to take my shoes and belt off at every airport i went through in europe... i think? all the hash makes things a little hazy.

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:49 am

The girl at customs leaving melbourne wanted to see my tattoos, asking me if I had more
Last edited by Craig_Bastard on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Window Licker

Postby Window Licker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:55 am

i love the arrivals card for the us (well when i went through in 2007ish), one of the yes/no questions goes something like : were you, between the years 1938-1945 a member of or supporter of the nazi party in germany?

or are you a member of a terrorist organisation? yes/no?

are you smuggling people or drugs? yes/no?

dang, you got me...

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:10 pm

Window Licker wrote:i love the arrivals card for the us (well when i went through in 2007ish), one of the yes/no questions goes something like : were you, between the years 1938-1945 a member of or supporter of the nazi party in germany?

Should have said. "I only liked the 1933 Nuremburg Demos!"
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Window Licker

Postby Window Licker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah and it cracks me up how when you come into nz the questions are all like 'have you been on a farm in the last month?' 'have you got any seeds in your bags?'

like terrorists and nazis, not worth the bother, but DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE BRING AN APPLE IN BITCH!!!!

scott penk

Postby scott penk » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 pm

Really? Last time I was in the states at San Francisco airport I had to take off my shoes and socks, which was weird

at aviation security though, right, not immigration?

the croc

Postby the croc » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Had friends fly into LAX to live 3 weeks ago who both have ipods and didn't have any problems
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

Return to “Miscellaneous”