Any Advice on freighthopping?

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
Rob Anybody

Re: Any Advice on freighthopping?

Postby Rob Anybody » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:05 pm

trap = tranny :roll:
snuff wrote:I hate the whole 'atheist' tag eh, It's not like we have a special name for people who don't believe in Santa, they're just adults.

Huey wrote:Trust me, I am ahead of the curve, you just don't realize it.

"I'm not sure about this one ... I think it's about coming of age, I cant remember much about because when it happened to me it was a long time ago. You could buy a packet of fags, a pint of beer and a three piece suit for half a crown and still have enough left to go and see Rudolf Valentino at the Gaumont! I can't afford to go to the pictures these days but I hear they talk in them now."

cool guy69

Postby cool guy69 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:27 pm

click logout

Livestock

Postby Livestock » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Jesus you've gone to alot of trouble to make punkaz accept your transexuality phil.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... ID=6869462

tyrannosaurus mark

Postby tyrannosaurus mark » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:10 am

cool guy69 wrote:click logout

Hahaha man you crack me up
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

BOOT GIRL

Postby BOOT GIRL » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:43 am

YULE wrote:Oh, so she's against all those trendy things like GE and vivesection which would totally be awesome to protest against but actually save millions of people every year?

so vivisection saves millions of lives eh ,mmmm over 200 ways of inducing human cancers in rats that dont develop carcinoma like humans ,fourth biggest killer in western world adverse reactions to animal tested drugs
http://www.curedisease.net

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:48 am

Gotta die of something.

And whats the biggest killer?

Are you out protesting that?
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

Adam The Muss

Postby Adam The Muss » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:53 am

Craig fuckin' Gunn wrote:And whats the biggest killer?

Death?
Lets protest death!
cool guy69 wrote:last nite my nutter of A flat mate was in the kitchen making a feed,what ever i couldnt give a crap but tthe bloody doofus not only leaves the element on but he wedged two knives in there wtf?? luckily i was therre to run them under cold water , talk about A bloody fire hazard. i had to wipe the bench down after he had spilled herbs all over it as well Lol ah well thats flat life for u eh

Craig_Bastard

Postby Craig_Bastard » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:02 am

Adam The Muss wrote:
Craig fuckin' Gunn wrote:And whats the biggest killer?

Death?
Lets protest death!

Well technically the biggest Killer is Life.

And with life being one big STD, we should be protesting protesting people who dont use condoms.

And since many of us have children we would all be hypocrites protesting those who dont use condoms, so we should just all Fuck The World and blow it to smithereens.
http://thestungrenades.bandcamp.com
SHUT UP,
PUT YOUR DENIM ON
AND STAY FREE.

Marrow wrote:Its the recession, buying drinks for people then finding out they have shit taste in music isn't economically viable.

YULE

Postby YULE » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:19 am

BOOT GIRL wrote:so vivisection saves millions of lives eh ,mmmm over 200 ways of inducing human cancers in rats that dont develop carcinoma like humans ,fourth biggest killer in western world adverse reactions to animal tested drugs

So, the fourth biggest killer in the western world is drugs. This says nothing about the efficacy of animal testing. Is it because of failures in animal testing that the drugs are killing people, or is it due to improper use, or maybe just adverse side effects that weren't properly monitered, or maybe it was that the person had allergies to the specific drug. Tagging animal tested onto drugs is just misleading word play.
I think you are saying they are growing human cancers in rats. Which makes sense. Why would you want to test drugs for human cancers on rat cancers?
You need the animal testing as a low cost and relatively ethical and effective way of trying to see what may happen in higher mammals.
Simple fact is, you need to use animal testing as proof of concept, then move on to higher animals after you figure out toxicity levels, efficacy at specific levels and possible side effects. You have to try and find what dosing levels produce which results. Randomly slamming new chemicals into humans without figuring out things like LD50s to see what effects it would have would be about as irresponsible an action as I can imagine.

But sure, if you actually want to increase worldwide suffering by stalling medical progress while the population is still booming, by all means stand by your black and white view of killing animals is always bad and not go into the grey areas of the ethical questions involved. Medical companies and researchers are going to need animals for a long time yet, and if they weren't as useful as they are, they wouldn't be used.

Vivisection has it's problems, yes. It has limitations. But it is still easily the best tool we have to help the development of drugs and procedures.

want to play some more?

boyo

Postby boyo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:57 am

BOOT GIRL wrote:
YULE wrote:Oh, so she's against all those trendy things like GE and vivesection which would totally be awesome to protest against but actually save millions of people every year?

so vivisection saves millions of lives eh ,mmmm over 200 ways of inducing human cancers in rats that dont develop carcinoma like humans ,fourth biggest killer in western world adverse reactions to animal tested drugs
http://www.curedisease.net

boot girl eh? you sound like a full blown hippie to me.

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:59 am

Oh God...

Cliche arguments for and against medical vivisection.

I can't be bothered arguing that.

Most important point though is that medical testing - from memory - accounts for about 2% of animal tests in New Zealand. The vast majority of vivisection in New Zealand is for agricultural research, and - from memory again - internationally, the biggest block of vivisection is the testing of cosmetics, not drugs.

If you're protesting vivisection in New Zealand, the chances are that medicine doesn't even come into it.
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

tyrannosaurus mark

Postby tyrannosaurus mark » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:24 pm

caught a train the other day, did a shit on it
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:38 pm

WINNER.
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

spunkymonkey!

Postby spunkymonkey! » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:07 pm

=
ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Fearful_Jesuit

Postby Fearful_Jesuit » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:58 pm

David xvx Ludd wrote:Oh God...

Cliche arguments for and against medical vivisection.

I can't be bothered arguing that.

Most important point though is that medical testing - from memory - accounts for about 2% of animal tests in New Zealand. The vast majority of vivisection in New Zealand is for agricultural research, and - from memory again - internationally, the biggest block of vivisection is the testing of cosmetics, not drugs.

If you're protesting vivisection in New Zealand, the chances are that medicine doesn't even come into it.

All that cosmetics testing, and we still have hory chicks running around?

FUK DAT
The parasites are excited when you're dead; eyes bulging, entering your head; and all your thoughts yeah, they rot.

Bernie Galaxy

Postby Bernie Galaxy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:48 am

mandatory pictures of trains.

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:45 am

Bernie Galaxy wrote:Image

whoah! it'd be worth raising the height of welly's tunnels just so we can stick those booster thingees on the new trains they're building!
dream comfort memory despair

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:01 am

Fearful_Jesuit wrote:All that cosmetics testing, and we still have hory chicks running around?

FUK DAT

And you still have that facial fuzz! I told you it was a waste of time...
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

Bernie Galaxy

Postby Bernie Galaxy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:25 am

steeltoedsneakers wrote:

whoah! it'd be worth raising the height of welly's tunnels just so we can stick those booster thingees on the new trains they're building!

Only the Russians would be crazy enough to try a stunt like that!

puppykicker

Postby puppykicker » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:27 am

Bernie Galaxy wrote:
steeltoedsneakers wrote:

Only the Russians would be awesome enough to try a stunt like that!
step up to get yo' rep up

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 am

too right mate. too right.

fuck i love that future-retro look, reminds me of the boy's own annuals i inherited from my dad..
dream comfort memory despair

Bernie Galaxy

Postby Bernie Galaxy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:02 pm

UM I WANT THAT TRAIN! ...

Return to “Miscellaneous”