Abandoned buildings in New Zealand?

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums

groged up bastard

Re: Abandoned buildings in New Zealand?

Postby groged up bastard » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 pm

fuck that looks awesome!!
deffs going there next time im in ham town
Suspect wrote:what kind of bogan doesnt have a can of black spraypaint?
how are you gunna paint your car you big dumb homo?

nails

Postby nails » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:21 am

yo how do we get to this station, totaly checking it out next time im down there

eli

Postby eli » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:09 am

you have to have some balls to walk to it.
its in the train tunnel that goes under centre place and comes out the other side and goes across the river.
all the street kids used to hang out there. i think it was a test of some sort if you could walk right thru.
just dark as fuck and if a train was coming at you, you wouldnt be able to tell if youd get hit or not.
id say security is pretty tight these days.

edit: just looked at the pic and doesnt look to far down the tunnel. the other end to the tunnel isnt far past chinese healthy veg across from girls high
poo

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:02 am

Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:10 am

eli wrote:edit: just looked at the pic and doesnt look to far down the tunnel. the other end to the tunnel isnt far past chinese healthy veg across from girls high

which means neither end can be far, you wont get hit by a train
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

eli

Postby eli » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:53 am

its a fair distance from girls high to the river. thats pretty much right the way under downtown hamilton.
as long as ur not shit faced drunk you probably wouldnt get hit by a train, id still be shitting myself having a train coming towards me in a tunnel tho. spose im a sissy
poo

yellowbus

Postby yellowbus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:38 pm

Well from what I know there is an entrance by the Claudelands bridge and near the cricket stadium / the supermarket.

Which is a pretty big distance so I wonder what end it's closer to.

Jakeage

Postby Jakeage » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:50 pm

I've been in there before. Entrances are by the river next to the claudelands bridge, and in the park opposite hamilton girls high.
It's pitch black, and either side of the railway there's only about a metre. Trains come through all the time so it's pretty fucking scary. Only takes about 5 minutes to walk either from the bridge end or girls high end.

edit: there's apparantly a door there (I didn't see it because it was too dark) that leads into a hallway.
Last edited by Jakeage on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suspect wrote:if you could move along walls with your arms spread out looking furtively around corners before slipping around them, and dash hunched crablike across any open ground.
youre sure to go unnoticed

Matt
Site Admin

Postby Matt » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:11 pm

dclxvi wrote:Image

BRILLIANT.

The Face

Postby The Face » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:19 pm

Pleased to see Logan putting his education to good use.

Intrigued by this random spot, bet it stinks of piss though...

nails

Postby nails » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:08 am

I would rather get into the albert park tunnels I think
Stil lwant to knwo about the wairau park ones if anyone has a clue?

Berry

Postby Berry » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:59 am

nails wrote:I would rather get into the albert park tunnels I think
Stil lwant to knwo about the wairau park ones if anyone has a clue?

Down behind the cinemas you can get into drainage tunnels that go under the motorway. If you crawl through them you come out the other side near Sunnynook. You can also get into all the stormwater tunnels that feed into that lake by Denny's. We used to hoon around them on our bikes as kids. Probably not the most hygenic thing to do, but hey, we never got sick. Parents probably wouldn't let their kids do it these days.

the ledge

Postby the ledge » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:00 pm

When you say crawl do you mean crouch over or actually get down on your stomach and crawl?

norty

Postby norty » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Albert Park tunnels are rubbish because they are filled in with old bricks and dirt to about one foot below the ceiling, meaning you have to crawl. There used to be an opening to the longest 'shaft' exposed below tree roots and rubble immediately to the left of the stairs going up Constitution Hill (to the far left of the map). Every few hundred metres you come to a chamber where you can stand and there was tags and empty beer bottles. I reckon we got as far as the Symonds Street intersection by the High Court, after that it gets real tight and because you are crawling a return trip to the tunnels under Albert Park would take ages and Im not sure if the air vents have been blocked or not. Not sure if there are any tunnels that havent been semi filled in but all entrances are pretty well blocked nowdays

Berry

Postby Berry » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:30 pm

the ledge wrote:When you say crawl do you mean crouch over or actually get down on your stomach and crawl?

Nah, more like crouch, or go in spread eagled with one foot and one hand on either side of the tunnel. You should be sweet. It's just so you don't crawl through water if you know what I mean. It's been a while since I was in there, and I was shorter at the time. Might even be blocked up now.

nails

Postby nails » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:44 pm

the ledge wrote:When you say crawl do you mean crouch over or actually get down on your stomach and crawl?

yeah thats what I was thinking, I had a look at its a pretty tight squeeze

the ledge

Postby the ledge » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:02 pm

Yeah not too keen on that

Alorria

Postby Alorria » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:23 am

loucke = shit wrote:in hamilton there is the old railway buildings on king st. behind the warehouse for forlongs.
they have started using it for storing some of the shit for the V8's, but it was still abandoned when I left.

also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Ghost_towns_in_New_Zealand

there are 8 ghost towns in NZ

My grandparents used to live in/round denniston incline when they were kids, and near charlston as well.

JenDelux

Postby JenDelux » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:29 pm

The train tunnel in hamilton is pretty grotty.

I remember walking through it years ago with a couple mates and there were people having sex in there, heapsa gross shit on the ground etc. I think they were homeless/a hooker or something.

The train station used to be where the warehouse is now (was also the bus station) and had stairs that led underground to where the pic is with the seats and that in the tunnel.

It's kinda grotty down there and you probably don't wanna touch the walls...

groged up bastard

Postby groged up bastard » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:21 pm

ohhk
i haven't been to hamtown much but i remember that i was in the warehouse once and i was like fuckkkk. this massive rumble from underneath was hard out and i thought it was an earthquake but someone said it was just the train, so does the train still run under the warehouse?
Suspect wrote:what kind of bogan doesnt have a can of black spraypaint?
how are you gunna paint your car you big dumb homo?

Hamtown Dave

Postby Hamtown Dave » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Yeah bro... the spot that's in the photo is pretty much directly under the warehouse. That was h-town's subway. It's about 300m from the girls high tunnel entrance. About 500m from the Claudelands bridge entrance. It'd take way less balls to walk from the Girls High entrance.

ONE MAN CREW

Andrew_TA

Postby Andrew_TA » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Still feel them all the time in The Warehouse

Jeremy bro

Postby Jeremy bro » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:54 pm

We used to walk through those tunnels on the way to town all the time-round about the middle there's the old platform with heaps of smashed shit on it, cool to muck round there. Freaky shit when a train comes through tho, gotta hug the wall hard out or get down in these little ditch things.
That train bridge that runs under the McDonalds bridge there is fun to check out as well, and we used to climb under the bridges too, heaps of pidgeons and some cool tags.

John, what was that place we stopped by on the way home from Gisborne ages ago? These huge multi story cement frames that used to be a meatworks or something..epic looking shit.
takin' it to the grave

el_dorito

Postby el_dorito » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:00 pm

about to move to hamilton now, is the train tunnel still accessible? are there many other locations around?

nails

Postby nails » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:15 am

best thread ever

Bruno

Postby Bruno » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:51 am

Matt wrote:Lake Alice Mental Hospital between Wanganui and Bulls is pretty sweet. Snuff has some awesome photos of the place.

this, hardout this.
place is whacked.
ZPG wrote:DUDES KISSING DUDES
Akuma wrote:I wish girls referred to me as 'G'.

Total posts: 666
[0.08% of all posts / 2.32 posts per day]
Show your posts

When I fight I fight alone, and I don't run because there's nothing to run from.

Bruno

Postby Bruno » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:54 am

from what i've heard there actually a fair bit of that railway station to explore, not just a platform.
reliable sources
ZPG wrote:DUDES KISSING DUDES
Akuma wrote:I wish girls referred to me as 'G'.

Total posts: 666
[0.08% of all posts / 2.32 posts per day]
Show your posts

When I fight I fight alone, and I don't run because there's nothing to run from.

el_dorito

Postby el_dorito » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:14 am

Bruno wrote:from what i've heard there actually a fair bit of that railway station to explore, not just a platform.
reliable sources

sweet, im gonna have to check it out sometime soon. For those in wellington theres also the old erskine college building (was used in the frightners movie) in island bay, its alarmed in some areas but not all. Theres a way in on the top floor via an unlocked window (climb up the fire escape) so no damage is necessary to get in.

deathbyejaculation

Postby deathbyejaculation » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Last time I checked there was a cool place behind where hq used to be. Old drop in centre or something. Got a gas leak though so don't smoke in it
Former Child Star wrote:show stolen by punchy the party girl

Return to “Miscellaneous”