new rabble lineup

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
User avatar
cirE
Posts: 17440
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: your face
Contact:

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby cirE » Fri May 23, 2008 6:31 pm

yeah i guess

i dunno i just think it's pretty fucking bullshit that there's a shitload of nz bands that play similar kinda music but shittier, that get a lot more exposure
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

Image
0.21 6.78 3.31

User avatar
gossip-girl
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Upper East Side

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby gossip-girl » Fri May 23, 2008 7:18 pm

rabble supportin ag front in london

User avatar
FC
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 20816
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby FC » Fri May 23, 2008 7:20 pm

Poor agnostic front.



Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms


Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

loucke = shit
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:16 pm
Location: Hamilton
Contact:

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby loucke = shit » Sun May 25, 2008 12:32 am

well if a band from overseas sees the rabble, they dont see a pop punk band with parents who pay every expense for the band

they see a band who are unsigned, have amazing videos, awesome recordings, and half decent songs. they dont know or probably care much about the fact that the rabble used to be fucking awesome.. I dunno. im going to get drunk, leave me alone
Drop out of school, and get a drug habit.

User avatar
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'
Posts: 19701
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:53 pm
Location: Milano

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby PertHJ » Sun May 25, 2008 10:53 am

yeah plus the appeal of being from some fuck off small country probably adds a bit.

I say they should just fuck over seas and make it big away from us
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

User avatar
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt
Posts: 10959
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 12:18 pm
Location: the straight edge

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun May 25, 2008 11:02 am

not me, as if thats the best NZ has to offer, but maybe youre right, i guess its better than having choice as bands like garage fodder and roofdog fuck off and not play at the kings arse anymore.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

User avatar
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'
Posts: 19701
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:53 pm
Location: Milano

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby PertHJ » Sun May 25, 2008 12:00 pm

I don't really give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks of our bands, and yeah its shit as when actual good bands move overseas....not that I can actually think of one example of that happening?
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

User avatar
general
Posts: 3346
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:05 pm

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby general » Sun May 25, 2008 1:20 pm

loucke = shit wrote:he gave up the threat coz they were a going nowhere band, and now he's in a band that are going places.

that and the fact that he's now funded to play bass in a band, whether the band succeeds or not, the rabble parents have his ffinancial future pretty much sorted for the time being.

edit: I cant find this guys myspace. but he kept talking about how he has myspace. so I will organise finding him tonight. and getting it sorted. pics are coming.. just wait, I havent seen it yet, but he told me about it after I just finished ripping on the rabble. hahahaha, poor cunt


but jamie's not in the rabble now?

agree with your other comment about threat doing it for the goodtimes rather than any music month recognition. choice cunts.

User avatar
cirE
Posts: 17440
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: your face
Contact:

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby cirE » Sun May 25, 2008 1:44 pm

so who's in the rabble these days?
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

Image
0.21 6.78 3.31

Future Shock

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby Future Shock » Sun May 25, 2008 1:46 pm

god, jesus, dad and 'um', the dog

scott penk
Posts: 4745
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:58 pm

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby scott penk » Sun May 25, 2008 2:11 pm

there is a new band starting called ex-rabble-ex featuring rowan, mikel, roi, miles, gavin and ben

User avatar
cirE
Posts: 17440
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: your face
Contact:

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby cirE » Sun May 25, 2008 2:17 pm

??
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

Image
0.21 6.78 3.31

User avatar
general
Posts: 3346
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:05 pm

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby general » Sun May 25, 2008 3:55 pm

cirE wrote:so who's in the rabble these days?



see first post in this thread, i think. :arrow: :idea: :?:

User avatar
cirE
Posts: 17440
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: your face
Contact:

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby cirE » Sun May 25, 2008 3:59 pm

..
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

Image
0.21 6.78 3.31

User avatar
ted the bastard
Posts: 7358
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:18 pm
Location: between revelations
Contact:

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby ted the bastard » Sun May 25, 2008 5:47 pm

so sick of the rabble.

i just don't see the fascination.

some of you sound like you think they owe you something and than others of you seem offended because it's called punk in the media, as if you're owed something for that?

monkeysphere people. the rabble don't appear on mine. because i don't watch commercial music shows, don't buy the glossy magazines. maybe if you're finding yourself over-exposed to the rabble you should take more personal responsibility and start practising better quality control in your own life.

don't get me wrong, i'm all up for having a laugh at shit nz bands and their funny bios and stuff. but rabble threads of late have been just lazy. no quality humour, just some wierd, misguided loyalty to something you call punk.

User avatar
PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'
Posts: 19701
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:53 pm
Location: Milano

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby PertHJ » Mon May 26, 2008 9:33 am

Id agree with that


reading my last posts in the thread, they came across kinda angry. All i really meant was that they could do pretty good overseas, and good luck to em'.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

User avatar
ted the bastard
Posts: 7358
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:18 pm
Location: between revelations
Contact:

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby ted the bastard » Mon May 26, 2008 5:15 pm

ah....the never failing voice of reason pert.

i could see what you were trying to say, i wasn't really talking about your posts. but yeah. i'm glad you could see my point.

User avatar
Agnes
Posts: 2169
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:02 pm
Location: Under the sign of the red mark
Contact:

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby Agnes » Wed May 28, 2008 7:29 am

ted the bastard wrote:so sick of the rabble.

i just don't see the fascination.

some of you sound like you think they owe you something and than others of you seem offended because it's called punk in the media, as if you're owed something for that?

monkeysphere people. the rabble don't appear on mine. because i don't watch commercial music shows, don't buy the glossy magazines. maybe if you're finding yourself over-exposed to the rabble you should take more personal responsibility and start practising better quality control in your own life.

don't get me wrong, i'm all up for having a laugh at shit nz bands and their funny bios and stuff. but rabble threads of late have been just lazy. no quality humour, just some wierd, misguided loyalty to something you call punk.


Word Ted, word.

Future Shock

Re: new rabble lineup

Postby Future Shock » Wed May 28, 2008 10:26 am

reason, reason, they suck - hard


Return to “Miscellaneous”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests