funny shit thread

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
MuscleMan
smut peddler

Re: funny shit thread

Postby MuscleMan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:33 pm

this one has me in hysterics every time, I cant even explain.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:40 pm

ive been meaning to put it in my sig, it has a quality that will never really get old
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:50 am

http://www.ghettohikes.com/

a guy who takes city kids on nature hikes writes down what they say...
Uncinia vector

OnlyInTheMorning

Postby OnlyInTheMorning » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Recently had a heated debate: Should the word 'rape' should be used in the context of humour?... having previously had a gf who was a victim and a flatmate who went postal if the word was ever used out of its literal context - i get that its a sensitive thing to some ... but ultimately it was concluded that the more sensitive word in the debate title was "should", as it often seems the people deciding whats funny or not on behalf of other people, lack a broad sense of humour themselves (imo)

interested to know others thoughts on this...

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:53 pm

as in rape jokes? like what's the definition of rape? not getting her panties in her mouth quick enough. or what makes nine out of ten people happy? gang rape. or as in any old rape being treated as something pretty funny? don't mind the former but some people get all touchy over it but not so sure about the latter.

seriously though, people find different shit funny, fact of life. i don't find the vast majority of american sitcoms funny but not going to claim they're not funny as they are to thicko americans.
We must secure the extinction of all people and no future for any children

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 pm

humour is subjective, some people might find the actual act of rape funny, -which is what most of the people against its use out of its literal context seem to think is happening all the time.

but to regular people, the very fact its taboo is what makes it funny, youre missing the point by wondering whether or not its ok to use as humour, that its not ok, is what makes it so very funny, if you remove its stigma and its loaded nature, then it would cease to have the same impact when used in other contexts.

so ultimately all discussion on the topic is just raping the issue.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:09 pm

jimmy carr on offensive humour and jokes:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SagayzX2T7Y[/video]

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:36 pm

All humour relies on taking power away from someone or something, be that yourself or someone else. I think for the most part rape jokes should be avoided for the soul reason that some guys may take it as tacit encouragement that you feel the same way they do re: sexual assault.

But to say rape jokes can never be funny ignores the fact that the issue needs to be discussed, openly, often to take away the stigma associated with it. The taboo of talking about rape does more harm than good, rapes happen and the best way to stop it is to talk about it and make it clear that coercion is never ever ok. Sometimes humour is the most appropriate way to do that.

What's the worst part about raping 6 year olds? Getting the blood out of the clown suit.
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm

OnlyInTheMorning wrote:Recently had a heated debate: Should the word 'rape' should be used in the context of humour?... having previously had a gf who was a victim and a flatmate who went postal if the word was ever used out of its literal context - i get that its a sensitive thing to some ... but ultimately it was concluded that the more sensitive word in the debate title was "should", as it often seems the people deciding whats funny or not on behalf of other people, lack a broad sense of humour themselves (imo)

interested to know others thoughts on this...

It depends on the particular joke, not the word used. With any offensive humour there's situations where it isn't appropriate, like Paul Henry on morning TV... half of the reason he was funny to most of us was that he was risking his job by saying jokes he shouldn't have.

An old lady dies and goes to heaven. She's chatting it up with St. Peter at the Pearly Gates when all of a sudden she hears the most awful bloodcurdling screams.

"Don't worry about that," says St.Peter, "it's only someone having the holes put into her shoulder blades for wings."

The old lady looks a little uncomfortable but carries on with the conversation.

Ten minutes later, there are more blood curdling screams. "Oh my God,"says the old lady, "now what is happening?"

"Not to worry," says St. Peter, "She's just having her head drilled to fit the halo."

"I can't do this," says the old lady, "I'm going to hell."

"You can't go there,"says St. Peter. "You'll be raped and sodomized."

"Maybe so," says the old lady, "but I've already got the holes for that!"

:baton:
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Dunno if this is relevant but there was a photo in the Otago Daily Times today of a proud farmer totally stoked cos this years crop season has seen a bumper harvest of Rape. Possibly a bit lame but we pissed ourselves.
Again it comes down to the individuals idea of humour, i mean i can laugh at something like that, or Dead Kids joke^, but never have and never will see anything funny about sick jokes regarding children. i just can't go there.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:06 pm

ive never come across a topic that isnt funny

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Come on Phil, thats a big call isn't it? Your first post on here after your recent hiatus was pretty deep and heartfelt without a trace of humour in it, i can't imagine you could view that situation any other way. Just sayin' .......etc etc
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

steeltoedsneakers

Postby steeltoedsneakers » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:53 pm

dream comfort memory despair

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 am

@mark: i guess its a matter of perspective whether its funny or not, i think if you disliked me a whole lot, for whatever reason, and were pretty much a bit of shit cunt, then you could find it funny...
basically the same kind of person that would think the actual act of rape could be considered funny, coincidentally enough.

its kinda like the whole evil and good thing, whats evil to a 19th century maori, was considered very good to a 1890's victorian english family.

just cos i have a particular perception and standpoint, doesnt mean i should allow it to bias anything at all, not even humour, let alone how i treat people.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:01 am

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:ive never come across a topic that isnt funny

If by that you mean you never come across an offensive joke that you actually find offensive rather than funny, I'm the same now. I remember being offended by this at the time, but I'm not now. Most major disasters are followed by people telling jokes. If your situation wasn't funny, it's only because nobody on Punkas was witty enough to come up with a good joke about it.

akaxo

Postby akaxo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:04 am

Dead Kid wrote: this
:lol:

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:16 am

that doesnt offend me, but unusually for C&H i dont really think thats funny, but thats humour, theres probably an offensive joke that will offend me somewhere, but theres no whole topic i could write off as not funny, no matter my personal isues, humour is far too subjective for there to be rules, just because i dont think somethings funny, doesnt give me a right to shut down discussion on that topic, its kinda like saying 'my friend was killed on a motorbike, therefore all motorbikes are bad"

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:21 pm

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcGiCq29DGM[/video]

the croc

Postby the croc » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Terrible band but skip to 1.15

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3O72lItS4OA[/video]
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

www.facebook.com/paekakpunkshow

scrotum

Postby scrotum » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Green Bastard

Postby Green Bastard » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:02 pm

the croc wrote:Terrible band but skip to 1.15

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3O72lItS4OA[/video]

"Still Waiting" isnt that fuzz's old band?

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:17 pm

surely is!
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Antiseptic

Postby Antiseptic » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:02 pm

I thought it was Still Nothing? With bailey right?
Beredius wrote:What does DSW mean?

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:46 pm

scrotum wrote:Image

no.
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

Martli
Formerly known as Jared.com

Postby Martli » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Antiseptic wrote:I thought it was Still Nothing? With bailey right?

Name change. I think Still Waiting was the original name.
Cosmo Kramer wrote:key word being "probaber;y"

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:57 pm

so that band is why they had to change their name?

Martli

Postby Martli » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Hahaha I hope not.

undercover

Postby undercover » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:09 pm

they are fucking terrible - thought i could hang in 'til the recommended 1:15, but had to skip after about 15-seconds.... still, worth the torture tho. how many dead?

Martli

Postby Martli » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Illiterate Christian gets upset at facebook page and launches diatribe in "fancy txt" speak.

Christian (Note, is a female with pic of husband):
https://www.facebook.com/monah.amosa3

Facebook Page taking the piss out of person:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Looking- ... 5946689074

Return to “Miscellaneous”