23 years of Hell yeah!

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:47 pm

Greg! Wearer of the worst mullet ever!

Damn you're not in my mullet collection. Lucky my scanner is broken.

Here's one of Pete Meat featuring Slammy mid hair flick'

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:36 pm

There you go Greg..

doctor j

mullets etc

Postby doctor j » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:10 pm

yes i did have a fabo mullet once............
red cap and shorts...wonder what i was drinkin??

at a gig once i wore shorts and white socks and a young man with short hair asked me if i'd been playing tennis!!
Has anything changed?!
There's more to life than being right or wrong- there's something in between called getting along.
Mr Bob Mould

TKVegas

Postby TKVegas » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:23 pm

no, i got told by a communist nationalist to play more 'working class songs', he was just old, bitter and sober, sorry if it was a bit gruff, state commies, gotta hate em, red undies on everybodies heads now!

SlammysBabySister
Location: Spiritually sitting by my brother in Valhalla reading a book

Postby SlammysBabySister » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:12 pm

Geez my brother was a handsome guy....RUNS IN OUR FAMZ....lol

Miss you my brother
Rock ON

LilMissCrazyFox

Postby LilMissCrazyFox » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:33 am

Yup Slammy was freakin GORGEOUS!!!!!!! :D

Trinity

Re: mullets etc

Postby Trinity » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:08 pm

doctor j wrote:yes i did have a fabo mullet once............

at a gig once i wore shorts and white socks and a young man with short hair asked me if i'd been playing tennis!!
Has anything changed?!

Greg those shorts were rude even back then. Sheesh.
You were drinking beer, it was the first time I'd seen you with alc you big straightedge sellout.

doctor j

Re: mullets etc

Postby doctor j » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:48 pm

So what year are we talking here?

Trinity wrote:
doctor j wrote:yes i did have a fabo mullet once............

Has anything changed?!

Greg those shorts were rude even back then. Sheesh.
You were drinking beer, it was the first time I'd seen you with alc you big straightedge sellout.
There's more to life than being right or wrong- there's something in between called getting along.

Mr Bob Mould

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:53 pm

ahh '88 or 89

frog

hi everyone,

Postby frog » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:40 pm

So totally glad to read that someone may publish The Slammy story!!! We miss him heaps.
Dunno what to write really.... i remember him back in the Ak days when he hung out with Kurtis at Just Deserts.... and he's just always been around... always.... and i suppose he still sort of is in a way.

Yellow Romans

Postby Yellow Romans » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:17 pm

Trinity wrote:There you go Greg..

Greg James, man of dubious fashion sense. I got a pic somewhere of him wearing that pair of red trousers that he had. Yikes!

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:37 am

Oh yeah I know the ones, those Canterbury ones with the zip in the legs. Noice.

The Face

Postby The Face » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:26 pm

I never met Slammy, everyone I know who did had nothing but great things to say about him..

I read his stories today at work, a great read for sure.. RIP

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:24 pm

fuck ive been thinking about him heaps since he died.. its really freaked me out actually, he just didnt ever seem like someone who was about to keel over.. even when he was sick it was just like he was old or something..

but yeh.. its really put the fear of death into me ay.. like if he can just die.. fuck.

LilMissCrazyFox

Postby LilMissCrazyFox » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:18 pm

void wrote:fuck ive been thinking about him heaps since he died.. its really freaked me out actually, he just didnt ever seem like someone who was about to keel over.. even when he was sick it was just like he was old or something..

but yeh.. its really put the fear of death into me ay.. like if he can just die.. fuck.

ditto :(

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:50 pm

yeh i think that's what freaked me out about too. And that he just went, so fast. I was thinking 'cool i got a year, i'll go spend some time in Whakatane with him cos its just through the gorge' and he's gone within a month.

8O

:cry:
http://aotearoa666.com/

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:56 pm

Yeah he definately was one of those people who was always there and you just thought he always would be.

I knew he only had a few weeks left but he still caught me by surprise...

Slammy was indeed one of the choicest guys ever. I think it says a lot about him that most of his close friends were women.

Lentil

Postby Lentil » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:37 pm

Yeah he definately was one of those people who was always there and you just thought he always would be.

Yep he was one of my oldest mates too and i always thought he would be my buddy into doddering old age! Part of me still ain't registering that he is gone even after going to his tangi, shit...

Lentil

Postby Lentil » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:52 pm

Yup Slammy was freakin GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Very Happy

he he I remember some of us walking down one of the main streets in Inglewood and a group of local teens came across us and eyed up Slammy, a couple of the girls got big smiles on their faces and invited Slammy to go swimming with them at the nearby river :D the rest of us were ignored - Slammy seemed a bit embarrassed by the attention he was getting.

SlammysBabySister

Postby SlammysBabySister » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:59 pm

I spent a couple of hours up the cemetary with my brother yesterday, it never really hits home until i get there and see the big pile of sand where he is....I still think he's guna walk through the freakin door any moment now....

Miss you heaps my Bro
Rock ON

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:19 am

yeh.. i think its only really sinking in that hes not gunna show up at a gig somewhere, i hadnt heard from him in ages.. and was thinking to myself that i should try and find what he was up to, id lost my phone so no text, and when i got a message on myspace from 'juan' i was stoked to hear from him.. til i read that he was sick and had, he said, a year to live.

wolfie

Postby wolfie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:08 pm

Hey all, met loads of you at Willy/Slammy's tangi. I have set up a site to host pics of our bro, so if anyone has them then mail them to me at wolfian33@yahoo.com . I miss my mate and want to honour him by making his awesome legacy ( one of friendship and integrity) live on. Yep we are working on trying to publish 23 years so any stories and pics and shit would be great, again to the same email. Cheers Matt
http://slammy.fotopic.net will be the address for viewing the pics. please attach any info you know about the pic and who may have taken it.

Dave Record..sent you a mail but it came back mate.

It was great to meet those of you who I did and share the stories about a superhuman being. Rock on Will.

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:50 pm

void wrote:yeh.. i think its only really sinking in that hes not gunna show up at a gig somewhere, i hadnt heard from him in ages.. and was thinking to myself that i should try and find what he was up to, id lost my phone so no text, and when i got a message on myspace from 'juan' i was stoked to hear from him.. til i read that he was sick and had, he said, a year to live.

yeh the PM i got from him he told me a year.

:(
http://aotearoa666.com/

TKVegas

Postby TKVegas » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:51 pm

I dunno if i believed him. :(

LilMissCrazyFox

Postby LilMissCrazyFox » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:20 pm

TKVegas wrote:I dunno if i believed him. :(

Yea he was originally told a year in hospital....

So i thought we all had that time with him too,

I only visited him 3x while he was in hos thinkin i'll let all the outta towners and family visit and I'll have my time with him soon.
I didn't find out he was down to a short while or that he was not gonna stay in NP til xmas til the day b4 he went home.
Luckily he text me bout it and so me,the lovely Skatie and Tommy raced round for our last visit the night b4 he flew home and 3 days later....gone.

Crazy freaky mindtrip man...:shocked!:

SO incredibly happy he made it home to family in time tho b4 he left this world :D x

wolfie

Postby wolfie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:11 pm

The photo site for Slammy is now up and running....only a few early years pics on there at the mo but will update as I get them

Ian

Slammy's Viking Sister
Location: Up the tree watching the white van outside your house

Totara Tree

Postby Slammy's Viking Sister » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:49 pm

Trinity wrote:Yeah he definately was one of those people who was always there and you just thought he always would be.

I knew he only had a few weeks left but he still caught me by surprise...

Slammy was indeed one of the choicest guys ever. I think it says a lot about him that most of his close friends were women.

He fought a hearty battle. F&%k, had a major break down the other day, but hey was expecting it. Here I was trying to drown myself in work and all, not sleeping much and hey, got caught off guard didn't I. Found myself staring into the darkness one night, while my husband was sleeping and I was weeping and sobbing, just out of no where. (Yup, you guessed it, husband is a heavy sleeper) I thought to myself that I had better go and visit my brother at the urupa (cemetry) the next day!

Bloody bugger, just miss him that's all. :twisted:

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:55 pm

void wrote:yeh.. i think its only really sinking in that hes not gunna show up at a gig somewhere.

on the other hand, i went to a gig on the spur of the moment on saturday night, and heading to the shops i bump into his brother dylan!

so many people think about him so much, its almost like hes around still.

SlammysBabySister

Postby SlammysBabySister » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:45 pm

Never mind big sis we all deal with it in our own ways mine will probably come soon when i least expect it...Actually you know when me and MOrgan took Baeli to the park, I was sitting on the bank just staring into well space and i just felt this warmth surround me (it was windy that day) and the I broke down but then I heard Baeli coming and calling out to me so I had to harden up so he wouldn't see me bawling my eyes out
Rock ON

Shat

Postby Shat » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:54 am

Was thinking about him and you guys again. Still have his email address and mobile number on my list. Just want them to stay there at the moment.

Return to “Miscellaneous”