23 years of Hell yeah!

All that crap that doesn't fit any of the other forums
beeswax

fuck!

Postby beeswax » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:31 pm

i am so happy that slammy posted his story, wow, it's a real trip for me as i was there through so much of it except my memory is a little fucked (for some reason!). i barely remember even major things like the queen street riots & the whole Omata Hall gig and then the subsequent trip to the hospital.

i do remember quite vividly the very first time slammy (well willy at the time) saw each other. we were two 17 year old punk rockers crossing Queen St and eye balling each other up, then we saw each other in a record shop. so from then on..

keegan was the one who actually introduced us I think, (willy was waaaaay too shy to talk to girls then) he's still in Ak, a business owner now no less
kurtis.. NYC now y'all, works for Satan
big house days... hell yeah i remember those crazy fun times, the screen printing, the parties, the hanging out.
richard davies.. mr X head from good to bad & plenty inbetween
queen street riots - i was there!
slug - RIP
sid - welly now
bronwyn davies - wish i'd saw her at slammy's gig, aint seen her for years
wood pecker - that little weasel
mark - the nice ak skin with his dumb skin mates
closing of mainstreet - what an event
celia - of king loser & doc father great for meds
queen city rockers - yep i was one too, those photos are hilarious
shane - from weedy punk to one of the world's best tattoo artists
steve droog - underground arts in welly
squatting in flats in welly - 8 peeps one room one time, many different ones & squat smashing rampages!
-he left out the part about our flat at the 'railton' where shane, kurtis & willy shared a room in the middle of the room a huge pile of broken bottles, spit, old food, rubbish & the like.... my room was nice though!
Lynn - hi lentil!
Poodle - looks the same
inglewood - yes i lived down the road from dudley rd - oink fucking oink alright
toxic avengers - i was obilgatory tag along girlfriend
colin long - RIP
brett & dioxin od - where are they now
the filth - long may they reign
the warners - my original ak flatmates!
casualty - chris, mike & greg are in sydney now
mushroom balls - nothing else like them, original artwork by shane is awesome too
hallelujah picassos - annuals of history
spleen - sweet 16 back then, now back in Ak
white hart - ohmigod
omata rd gig- fucken chaos
colin's death & funeral - gutting, the only time i have ever fainted
liardet st with the practice rooms out the back - many good times in that sweaty concrete bunker
fiona kerr RIP - her death major for me & a whole other story
dodger - RIP - also pretty big for me, I forgot slammy & i went to the funeral together
farmers funeral - remember him as a nice guy but I wasn't that into the skins thing
nefarious - cool as
von toxic - we love you nige
the sick of it all show - yeah that was funny
suicidal tendencies show - now that was truly awesome
1080 - cool band, emily is in perth now
brenda - it's been a few years ay babe!

it was about this time slammy stopped being always around in my life, i'd see him when he was roadying with the filth but but by that time i was living in ak and didn't see him much after that for quite a few years
we did get in touch with other & hung out a couple times when he came to welly not long before he got sick which i am truly happy about.
massive trip reading his story now & i only wish i had read & commented to him on it while he was still around.....
maybe they have have speed internet access in Valhalla?

he was someone who held true to all his ideals, there was never a time where he was a dick or an asshole for no reason. i can't remember one time when he pissed me off or annoyed me... well maybe the big rubbish pile in the middle of his room all those years ago but that was really more Kurtis's fault than his!

it'd be awesome if you guys do get some sort of publication together his story is so well written & so clearly defines those times. i know i have photos someone where & could drag a few oldies out. slammy's whanau know how to get hold of me

respect & props to slammy, thanks for the great read my friend i do know some of what you've left out & so you should have
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
If you can't be good then be good at it

Lentil

Postby Lentil » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:45 pm

hiya there too beeswax. Hey when i see you next i'd love to have a sit down and hear some of your stories from your AK days!! what ya remember anyway :lol:

doctor j

Hello

Postby doctor j » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:19 am

cracker jack wrote:Wow havent seen greg since about 1985.
What ever happened to him?

Hi, I was reading Slammy's post about what he got up to way back in the 80's and thought I would respond to your comment.

I'm Greg and I'm living in Sydney...since 1989.
Who are you? Where would i know you from? + how are you going?

Cheers
Greg.
There's more to life than being right or wrong- there's something in between called getting along.
Mr Bob Mould

doctor j

oops

Postby doctor j » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:29 am

That was meant to be a pm

oh well

is crackerjack still contributing to punkas?
There's more to life than being right or wrong- there's something in between called getting along.

Mr Bob Mould

LilMissCrazyFox

Postby LilMissCrazyFox » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:11 am

GREG JAMES!!!!
Hey baby it's Jo Fox,
wow all the old skools jus keep on creepin outta the woodwork man and jumpin into the net...so freakin rad!!!
Chris Fegan myspaced me a lil while back and i asked after you but he said he don't see you much...what you up to these days critter???
xoxox

TKVegas

Postby TKVegas » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:11 pm

yea i met an old punk from wellies at a backpackers down near the main train station or central airbus stop etc in Melbourne, he was hanging out with professional scousers who lived there who who were gonna make it big who smoked alottt of pot and had a grand ol time, sry i don't remember his name.

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:47 pm

Greg! Wearer of the worst mullet ever!

Damn you're not in my mullet collection. Lucky my scanner is broken.

Here's one of Pete Meat featuring Slammy mid hair flick'

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:36 pm

There you go Greg..

doctor j

mullets etc

Postby doctor j » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:10 pm

yes i did have a fabo mullet once............
red cap and shorts...wonder what i was drinkin??

at a gig once i wore shorts and white socks and a young man with short hair asked me if i'd been playing tennis!!
Has anything changed?!

Mr Bob Mould

TKVegas

Postby TKVegas » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:23 pm

no, i got told by a communist nationalist to play more 'working class songs', he was just old, bitter and sober, sorry if it was a bit gruff, state commies, gotta hate em, red undies on everybodies heads now!

SlammysBabySister
Location: Spiritually sitting by my brother in Valhalla reading a book

Postby SlammysBabySister » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:12 pm

Geez my brother was a handsome guy....RUNS IN OUR FAMZ....lol

Miss you my brother
Rock ON

LilMissCrazyFox

Postby LilMissCrazyFox » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:33 am

Yup Slammy was freakin GORGEOUS!!!!!!! :D

Trinity

Re: mullets etc

Postby Trinity » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:08 pm

doctor j wrote:yes i did have a fabo mullet once............

at a gig once i wore shorts and white socks and a young man with short hair asked me if i'd been playing tennis!!
Has anything changed?!

Greg those shorts were rude even back then. Sheesh.
You were drinking beer, it was the first time I'd seen you with alc you big straightedge sellout.

doctor j

Re: mullets etc

Postby doctor j » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:48 pm

So what year are we talking here?

Trinity wrote:
doctor j wrote:yes i did have a fabo mullet once............

Has anything changed?!

Greg those shorts were rude even back then. Sheesh.
You were drinking beer, it was the first time I'd seen you with alc you big straightedge sellout.

Mr Bob Mould

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:53 pm

ahh '88 or 89

frog

hi everyone,

Postby frog » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:40 pm

So totally glad to read that someone may publish The Slammy story!!! We miss him heaps.
Dunno what to write really.... i remember him back in the Ak days when he hung out with Kurtis at Just Deserts.... and he's just always been around... always.... and i suppose he still sort of is in a way.

Yellow Romans

Postby Yellow Romans » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:17 pm

Trinity wrote:There you go Greg..

Greg James, man of dubious fashion sense. I got a pic somewhere of him wearing that pair of red trousers that he had. Yikes!

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:37 am

Oh yeah I know the ones, those Canterbury ones with the zip in the legs. Noice.

The Face

Postby The Face » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:26 pm

I never met Slammy, everyone I know who did had nothing but great things to say about him..

I read his stories today at work, a great read for sure.. RIP

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:24 pm

fuck ive been thinking about him heaps since he died.. its really freaked me out actually, he just didnt ever seem like someone who was about to keel over.. even when he was sick it was just like he was old or something..

but yeh.. its really put the fear of death into me ay.. like if he can just die.. fuck.

LilMissCrazyFox

Postby LilMissCrazyFox » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:18 pm

void wrote:fuck ive been thinking about him heaps since he died.. its really freaked me out actually, he just didnt ever seem like someone who was about to keel over.. even when he was sick it was just like he was old or something..

but yeh.. its really put the fear of death into me ay.. like if he can just die.. fuck.

ditto :(

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:50 pm

yeh i think that's what freaked me out about too. And that he just went, so fast. I was thinking 'cool i got a year, i'll go spend some time in Whakatane with him cos its just through the gorge' and he's gone within a month.

8O

:cry:
http://aotearoa666.com/

Trinity

Postby Trinity » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:56 pm

Yeah he definately was one of those people who was always there and you just thought he always would be.

I knew he only had a few weeks left but he still caught me by surprise...

Slammy was indeed one of the choicest guys ever. I think it says a lot about him that most of his close friends were women.

Lentil

Postby Lentil » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:37 pm

Yeah he definately was one of those people who was always there and you just thought he always would be.

Yep he was one of my oldest mates too and i always thought he would be my buddy into doddering old age! Part of me still ain't registering that he is gone even after going to his tangi, shit...

Lentil

Postby Lentil » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:52 pm

Yup Slammy was freakin GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Very Happy

he he I remember some of us walking down one of the main streets in Inglewood and a group of local teens came across us and eyed up Slammy, a couple of the girls got big smiles on their faces and invited Slammy to go swimming with them at the nearby river :D the rest of us were ignored - Slammy seemed a bit embarrassed by the attention he was getting.

SlammysBabySister
Location: Spiritually sitting by my brother in Valhalla reading a book

Postby SlammysBabySister » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:59 pm

I spent a couple of hours up the cemetary with my brother yesterday, it never really hits home until i get there and see the big pile of sand where he is....I still think he's guna walk through the freakin door any moment now....

Miss you heaps my Bro
Rock ON

Ph!1

Postby Ph!1 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:19 am

yeh.. i think its only really sinking in that hes not gunna show up at a gig somewhere, i hadnt heard from him in ages.. and was thinking to myself that i should try and find what he was up to, id lost my phone so no text, and when i got a message on myspace from 'juan' i was stoked to hear from him.. til i read that he was sick and had, he said, a year to live.

wolfie

Postby wolfie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:08 pm

Hey all, met loads of you at Willy/Slammy's tangi. I have set up a site to host pics of our bro, so if anyone has them then mail them to me at wolfian33@yahoo.com . I miss my mate and want to honour him by making his awesome legacy ( one of friendship and integrity) live on. Yep we are working on trying to publish 23 years so any stories and pics and shit would be great, again to the same email. Cheers Matt
http://slammy.fotopic.net will be the address for viewing the pics. please attach any info you know about the pic and who may have taken it.

Dave Record..sent you a mail but it came back mate.

It was great to meet those of you who I did and share the stories about a superhuman being. Rock on Will.

Maleficent
mama poopoo

Postby Maleficent » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:50 pm

void wrote:yeh.. i think its only really sinking in that hes not gunna show up at a gig somewhere, i hadnt heard from him in ages.. and was thinking to myself that i should try and find what he was up to, id lost my phone so no text, and when i got a message on myspace from 'juan' i was stoked to hear from him.. til i read that he was sick and had, he said, a year to live.

yeh the PM i got from him he told me a year.

:(
http://aotearoa666.com/

TKVegas

Postby TKVegas » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:51 pm

I dunno if i believed him. :(

Return to “Miscellaneous”