Heresiarch/Stalker/Exaltation/Bridge Burner - Whammy Backroom 29/4

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
Dead Kid

Heresiarch/Stalker/Exaltation/Bridge Burner - Whammy Backroom 29/4

Postby Dead Kid » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Despite the time of year, Whammy Backroom brought the hot 'n' steamy for this sexy show. Bridge Burner was sludgy at times. Exaltation is a bit black thrash, could be keen for an album dudes.

The crowd packed in for Stalker. I picked a decent spot to snap a photo from and then got lazy and just enjoyed the ripping tunes from there. Fucking cool, need more like this. Heresiarch was decent, though I think they've sounded better in the main Whammy room. They turned the guitar up part way through so we could argue afterwards about which half of the set sounded better. Auckland crowd was inactive as so Nathan gave them the customary push start for the last song or two.

Bridge Burner

Exaltation

Cosmo Kramer with clothes on
World's tightest pants though. Daayyum.

Stälker :tohlc:

Heresiarch
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

TimShadbolt

Re: Heresiarch/Stalker/Exaltation/Bridge Burner - Whammy Backroom 29/4

Postby TimShadbolt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:10 pm

Dead Kid wrote:Exaltation

TRUE. We're playing with Heresiarch and Exaltation on July 1st at San Fran and I was wondering who's in Exaltation. Now I'm excited to see it's the band that the Bayliss brothers and Mort are in. Any idea who the guy on bass/vox is? Black ...Thrash? Oh my.

Dead Kid wrote:Bridge Burner

They were sick in Wellington too. Love the slower new stuff. They're quite different from what Graves sounded like now. Unique and enjoyable. The one that's slow but ends up with Cam just doing relentless fucking blastbeats for ages is sick, and then the other newer one that they ended their set with in Wgtn (so I suppose they did up there too) that's really slow to start and a great fucking riff. Fuck. They go into the studio again in July apparently. YIH.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon May 01, 2017 1:28 am

TimShadbolt wrote:Any idea who the guy on bass/vox is? Black ...Thrash? Oh my.

Al Cunningham. See also Andy's vid from their debut gig last year and form ye own opinion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5sg1b_ejBo
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Mon May 01, 2017 6:21 am

Nice! I'm into it.

Return to “Reviews”