Rotorua

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
User avatar
dave-brown
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: A.K city drunk punx
Contact:

Rotorua

Postby dave-brown » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:12 pm

I went back the other day. It's still there.
I bought some socks and tried to prank call my old boss who stiffed me at the kebab shop 12 or so years ago. He'd gone. Maybe he's dead. He was quite an unhealthy man. And by man I mean piece of shit
I went into the Ngongataha township. Got fish n chips. They were mean. Watched a domestic outside the bottle shop. That was less mean (in the colloquial sense). Considered interviening. A mongrel mob member got out of the car. I reconsidered. The cider i bought expired in 2014. It was rancid.
The best part was visiting the foodbank/ soup kitchen my mum runs. Shes choice. Its a popular/busy place. Not much skrillah in NGO.
I reminissed by listening to Kitsch's first album and when i couldnt find Cheap for a Reason on band camp, I listenend to Myth of Democracy which is awesome.
I left.
In conclusion........the fish n chips were good.

User avatar
9seconds
Posts: 1908
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Re: Rotorua

Postby 9seconds » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:19 pm

which bottlestore? the one by the gas station or the one by the junk shop?
Image
"Look how happy he is"

User avatar
dave-brown
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: A.K city drunk punx
Contact:

Re: Rotorua

Postby dave-brown » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:40 pm

The domestic was out the front of the one by the gas station. The off cider was from the one next to that coin save. Fish n chips from next to the coin save

User avatar
TimShadbolt
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:29 pm

Re: Rotorua

Postby TimShadbolt » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:25 pm

Once upon a time while driving through Rotorua with some mates in my van I pretended to stop at a pedestrian crossing for a patched up BP member. Everyone flipped him the bird and abused him as we drove off instead of letting him cross the road. He chased the van on foot, running down the middle of the road, yelling, while I slowed down, sped up, slowed down, sped up, etc., for about 50 metres. I would never, ever do that shit now for fear of getting shot at. Oh to be young and dumb again... Still cracks me up though.

Chur, Rotorua. Good times.

User avatar
dave-brown
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: A.K city drunk punx
Contact:

Re: Rotorua

Postby dave-brown » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:47 pm

TimShadbolt wrote:Once upon a time while driving through Rotorua with some mates in my van I pretended to stop at a pedestrian crossing for a patched up BP member. Everyone flipped him the bird and abused him as we drove off instead of letting him cross the road. He chased the van on foot, running down the middle of the road, yelling, while I slowed down, sped up, slowed down, sped up, etc., for about 50 metres. I would never, ever do that shit now for fear of getting shot at. Oh to be young and dumb again... Still cracks me up though.

Chur, Rotorua. Good times.


Haha. Thats pretty funny. It's not too dissimilar to making toast in the bath but hey

User avatar
Dead Kid
Posts: 5929
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:52 pm
Location: Auckland
Contact:

Re: Rotorua

Postby Dead Kid » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Enjoyed staying there as a kid. Still got slight knuckle scars from the hydroslide. Mt Tarawera is the most impressive thing in the North Island I've seen. Shame access is so limited now.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

User avatar
dustbinflowers
Posts: 6638
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Portside

Re: Rotorua

Postby dustbinflowers » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:20 pm

I spent a winter working in Rotorua about seven years ago. Fark it was cold. And I spent five days alone in a freezing house with swine flu and none of my work colleagues checked on me.
Uncinia vector

User avatar
dave-brown
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: A.K city drunk punx
Contact:

Re: Rotorua

Postby dave-brown » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:14 am

dustbinflowers wrote:I spent a winter working in Rotorua about seven years ago. Fark it was cold. And I spent five days alone in a freezing house with swine flu and none of my work colleagues checked on me.


Im sorry to hear that. Your workmates sound like a bunch of eggs. You should repay the favour by never visiting their city again :)

I do miss lake Tarawera some times. Theres some pretty nice cliffs to do bombs off. (Discreet cliffs so noone can see how stink my pakeha bombs are)

User avatar
dustbinflowers
Posts: 6638
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:41 pm
Location: Portside

Re: Rotorua

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Yeah thought it was a bit crap. I have feverish memories of biking into town from the Redwoods to get pain killers and orange juice, and I was sensitive to light and fuck it was a long way.
In my childhood, Rotorua was just on the way to the awesomeness of Whakatane and Ohope.
Uncinia vector

User avatar
Rizzo
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:23 pm
Location: The City

Re: Rotorua

Postby Rizzo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:06 pm

dave-brown wrote:I do miss lake Tarawera some times. Theres some pretty nice cliffs to do bombs off. (Discreet cliffs so noone can see how stink my pakeha bombs are)

Fark, I always feel so confused when I go to do a sweet bomb off a wharf or whatever and then this tiny Maori kid, half my weight, does a way sicker bomb with a 5 metre splash. Is it like how pakeha have no rhythm? How do these kids nail such huge bombs?

The last time I went to Rotorua I was pleasantly surprised. We rolled into town on a random Wednesday night and there was a food market thing downtown with heaps of cheap good food. Lots of good Korean, Malaysian and so on too which was real unexpected for Vegas. Guess it's gotten a lot more diverse since my childhood?

There's that real mean pie store near the hospital too! Fuck those are dope
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

User avatar
dave-brown
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: A.K city drunk punx
Contact:

Re: Rotorua

Postby dave-brown » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Rizzo wrote:
There's that real mean pie store near the hospital too! Fuck those are dope


Geyserland bakery? Yeah fuck yeah

User avatar
Whitey
Posts: 2891
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Roskill

Re: Rotorua

Postby Whitey » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:00 am

dave-brown wrote: I reminissed by listening to Kitsch's first album and when i couldnt find Cheap for a Reason on band camp, I listenend to Myth of Democracy which is awesome.

Matty's in a new band with Mitch (also from Vegas) called The Prophet Motive. Still writes political songs including a tune about Temuera Morrisson.
BigBadBazza wrote:keep your shit life experiences for facebook status updates

Image

User avatar
Rizzo
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:23 pm
Location: The City

Re: Rotorua

Postby Rizzo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:44 pm

dave-brown wrote:
Rizzo wrote:
There's that real mean pie store near the hospital too! Fuck those are dope


Geyserland bakery? Yeah fuck yeah

Dunno? Just googled the spot - https://goo.gl/maps/5UdE6fRyaqj Better Quality Pies 2000? Sounds like a dodgy pie knockoff shop but it fuckin ruled
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

User avatar
dave-brown
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: A.K city drunk punx
Contact:

Re: Rotorua

Postby dave-brown » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Ah yeah nah that ones choice as too.

User avatar
dave-brown
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: A.K city drunk punx
Contact:

Re: Rotorua

Postby dave-brown » Tue May 16, 2017 9:28 am

Is it kind if bad i found this quite funny

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/92512533/meth-mum

User avatar
9seconds
Posts: 1908
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Re: Rotorua

Postby 9seconds » Tue May 16, 2017 12:15 pm

kind of bad yeh, this happened a couple weeks ago, its my girlfriends work, her shift too, she was off sick tho, which she never does, and the chick who was on never takes extra shifts really, cos she has very small children.
it was the same shift she will be doing tonight.
the chick in the video is very badly traumatised, she has quit her job and is basically just freaked out as fuck, as horrible as it sounds i am glad it didnt happen to my g/f as she has really bad PTSD as it is, and having seen the video finds it very hard to go to work now, one of her other workmates is possibly quitting over it too, i will probably show up there before closing, just cos she gets nervous, there is a security guard now, but he couldnt fend off a kid with a wiffle bat.

its probably gunna kill the business.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/9 ... h-machetes
Image
"Look how happy he is"

User avatar
9seconds
Posts: 1908
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Re: Rotorua

Postby 9seconds » Tue May 16, 2017 12:17 pm

anyway, i came here to say i bumped into craig from cheap for a reason, at the gig on the weekend, and we talked about tracking down the album, he doesnt have it either.
Image
"Look how happy he is"

User avatar
dave-brown
Posts: 1817
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: A.K city drunk punx
Contact:

Re: Rotorua

Postby dave-brown » Tue May 23, 2017 12:29 am

That is two pieces of unfortunate news.
I didnt know video stores still existed. Surely if you were risking prison by committing armed robbery youd aim slightly higher, why not rob a starbucks. Surely they would have more in their till.

User avatar
9seconds
Posts: 1908
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Re: Rotorua

Postby 9seconds » Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 am

they are isolated, the location isnt with other shops, which is a result of the downturn of fortunes in the video rental world.

since that happened they are just selling stock and turning into a dollar value type junk shop, hopefull means they wont be open late, but still a risk for robberies
Image
"Look how happy he is"


Return to “Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests