Woodcock 2017

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
Dead Kid

Woodcock 2017

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:12 am

If there's one thing I dislike more than a rainy day out in the sticks in muddy paddocks scented with portaloos... it's camping. By some miracle of divine bonervention leading to a wet Willie's, I got to experience none of those this year. The Woodcock snaked its way out of the secluded bush and exposed itself to the general public of the Mount. While the ranges got torrential rain, the coast barely elicited a drizzle in the time I was there. 'Woodcock Urban' may sound trendy, but it was actually a welcome relief from the undiscovered hideaway for curled moustaches. Just bands belting their shit out in bars. Mostly to humans with ready access to hand washing facilities, rather than cattle.

Was great to catch up with Philbert and the rest of the Tauranga crew who were observing the sacred tradition of drinking and smoking outside during bands. Due to my insomnia and general indifference I caught less than half of the bands. Here's the proof you didn't ask for. Finally upgraded from my old camera, so Woodcock's seediest secrets shall be revealed from the lowest of light conditions. Any resemblance to an actual music festival is just deception aimed at relieving us of our cash so Cosmic Psychos can pen more true stories about sinking piss. Damn it was good seeing them 2 nights in a row though, would probably rank among the top 3 bands I've seen.

Slumbug

Opium Eater

Something seemed a bit off with the sponsors this year. Likely drug cartels who expected a larger return on their investment.

Deathbeam

Nuggiez

When your business is signposted with the most phallic monument in town, you're gonna be hosting Woodcock bands whether you like it or not.

Spoonfed

Woodcock: jamming the meat down your gullet.

Liberated Squid

Super Narco Man

Threat.Meet.Protocol.

Cosmic feckin' Psychos

Austin wangsplains how to play one's instruments in a more suxual manner.

Dean playing with his wood.

Mucus Kids

Woodcock pin-up John.

The Biscuits

The Echo Ohs

Here Lies the Homunculi. John whispering wardrobe tips or something, while Philfy takes a short break from drinking outside. :baton:

Edward Gains & the Human Remains

Shoutin' Preachin'
"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

9seconds

Re: Woodcock 2017

Postby 9seconds » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:26 pm

i saw less than half of the bands you saw, but was good to hang out with charlotte as shes off to cambo
"Look how happy he is"

Return to “Reviews”