Black Sabbath 2016

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
Dead Kid

Black Sabbath 2016

Postby Dead Kid » Sun May 01, 2016 12:17 am

Went in Akld and it was fuckin' great, enjoyed them even more than last time. Right from the intro video blasting waves of bass it was epic. Certainly felt special knowing it was the last chance to see them. Especially considering they were on form and the drummer seemed to fit in better than last time. Could hardly ask for anything more fitting from a favourite band who's ending their career than 'come to my town and play me something good'. If more bands could do that it'd be great.

I was less bothered than usual that all the tall bastards started congregating in front of me and likewise the drunk chicks bumping into everyone behind me, but eventually found a better spot for the last few songs. At least got a few tunes they didn't play last time. Hand of Doom is a great song live. When Ozzy's vocals did waver towards the end it seemed to be more just because he wanted to hear the crowd.

Was running a bit late but still caught 4 songs of Rival Sons. Hadn't heard of them so didn't realise the support act was coming out from the US. They needn't have bothered. They can bugger off with that slow country song and go support Bruce Springsteen instead. Curious as to how they got an Amish guy to touch a keyboard though.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Red_switch

Re: Black Sabbath 2016

Postby Red_switch » Thu May 05, 2016 1:10 am

Dunedin show was decent. Ozzy was in better nick than when I saw 'em in Akl in 2014. The rest of the band were on good form, Iommi did not disappoint.

Got there too early and saw/heard far too much of Rival Sons. Shit they were terrible, a mashup of all the worst elements of rock music since 1970, bogans seemed to be into it though, maybe they get some air time on the rock?
I think it's lint.

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Fri May 27, 2016 1:00 am

Listened outside, sounded like it was mostly lame. I'm sure it was probably better inside, but glad I didn't spend dosh to be inside.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Fri May 27, 2016 7:34 pm

Hey how about when you're walking in through the foyer of a venue and the sound is really muffled and badass like the band's early demos, but then you get inside and you can hear everything clear as a bell and it's just stark and overproduced and it crushes your hopes and dreams. #punxproblems

NOIDEAWOTEVER

Postby NOIDEAWOTEVER » Sat May 28, 2016 7:17 pm

Dead Kid wrote:Was running a bit late but still caught 4 songs of Rival Sons. Hadn't heard of them so didn't realise the support act was coming out from the US. They needn't have bothered. They can bugger off with that slow country song and go support Bruce Springsteen instead. Curious as to how they got an Amish guy to touch a keyboard though.

Agreed. I wondered wtf they were doing on the tour but I figured it was probably someone from Live Nation's pet project, hoping to make them the next big thing or something. They kinda reminded of a try hard version of the Black Crowes, not that I think the Black Crowes are any good.

Black Sabbath on the other hand was def a bucket list thing for me and they didn't disappoint.

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:49 pm

"Mate, Black Sabbath were incredible last night.

I can be prone to not enjoying big shows like this coupled with the fact that i'm a jaded asshole/elitist so was worried going in that I'd be hugely disappointed. Which was a concern because Black Sabbath mean a lot to me. As soon as i got there and heard Iommi's perfect tone any fear i had was instantly waylaid.

It might sound dumb but the best part was just hearing those riffs at the correct volume. You know when you're blasting Sabbath in your car/at home/on headphones where ever it simply isn't possible to turn up loud enough. Not an issue at Rod Stewart Arena. Fuck it was good.

Praise Iommi"

I wrote the above on Facies the morning after in Melbourne. One of the best shows i've seen. :baton:

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:46 pm

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:47 pm

Sorry cobber, should've come to you sooner.

Return to “Reviews”