Tau Cross @ Coalition, 2-4-2016, TO, Canada

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
Sam Deformed

Tau Cross @ Coalition, 2-4-2016, TO, Canada

Postby Sam Deformed » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Holy....what a weekend...
I hit up the Tau Cross show tonight with my mate Evan and it was epic as. The support bands were on fine form: 'Droid' of whom play epic Thrash-metal/Prog-rock/Psych goodness and 'Absolut' who are Scandi-crust-as-punk worship. The best warm up for what was to come.

Tau Cross ruled the night however and played almost everything from the debut album and about 4 new tunes which were headbanging good-times. Really looking forward to the new album when it surfaces.

Such an 'all-star' lineup of Amebix, Misery, War//Plague and Voivod members. So, I was pretty chuffed to not only get to shake the drumming legend Away's (Michel Langevin) hand but got to have a yarn to Rob Miller of the Amebix legend. This was the best...this dude has had a huge influence on me and it was quite an overwhelming little moment that I felt very privileged to experience. Rob was a very humble gentleman and well humored. When I asked him if Tau Cross were going to attempt to make it to New Zealand he simply replied "Oh perhaps we'll think about it but why bother when you've got Jaz Coleman!" This of course blew my mind and I proceeded to show him my KJ jester tattoo which he was seemingly stoked on. Absolutely chuffed on the weekend's events. 11/10.

Subcide

Re: Tau Cross @ Coalition, 2-4-2016, TO, Canada

Postby Subcide » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:01 pm

Noice!
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:43 am

Subcide wrote:Noice!

Yeeeh dude. Catching them tonight again with Dropdead and Morne.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:41 am

Sam Deformed wrote:
Subcide wrote:Noice!

Yeeeh dude. Catching them tonight again with Dropdead and Morne.

Would be awesome to see them here. Or Voivod or Amebix.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Return to “Reviews”