Inside Arkham/Scumbeat/Ginzu and the Steak Knives - KA Front Burp 26/2

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
Dead Kid

Inside Arkham/Scumbeat/Ginzu and the Steak Knives - KA Front Burp 26/2

Postby Dead Kid » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Yada yada PunkAs resurgence, have a review thread. Had never so much as sat down in the KA front bar, let alone seen bands play there. They turned the sportsies off well before the bands started which was a bit boring, but a fairly choice place for small shows otherwise.

Sound wasn't great but it was nice and loud. Would barely even know that some fancypants event was going on in the mainstream bar next door. Ginzu and the Steak Knives didn't sound as good as when I saw them recently at Lucha. Still rocked with a few amusing lyrics, and the drummer chucks a bit of a metal influence up the music's guts.

Scumbeat was decent, though couldn't help but feel it was just a teaser for seeing them own the main stage at GBH tonight. That'll be an excellent combination.

Inside Arkham kicked arse. Technical but not a runaway wank meltdown. If they were any good at making friends they could go places. Keen to turn my effort up a notch and catch every gig of theirs I can. The odd 'tourist' from foreign walks of life was ushered in to stare at Eddie, or at least the zoo animal that he morphs into when holding a mic.
"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Return to “Reviews”