x-men days of future past

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
bruce wayne

x-men days of future past

Postby bruce wayne » Fri May 23, 2014 5:11 pm

hmmm was an ok movie not quite what I expected but comes off a little too much as TERMINTOR meets INCEPTION
kind of ironic since ellen page was in inception playing an almost identical role in the both films

the future secnes just seem too silly even for an x men movie and again they writers make plot points that contradict the other movies in the franchise and it`s not explained how wolverine of the future gets his claws back after he got them hacked off in the previous wolverine movie

not to say that there's not good parts to the film.... I give it a about a 6 1/2 out of 10

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Re: x-men days of future past

Postby PertHJ » Fri May 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Didn't he have his claws back by the end of the last movie?
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Fri May 23, 2014 5:30 pm

PertHJ wrote:Didn't he have his claws back by the end of the last movie?

in the future he had the adamantium claws back

this is worth a read
http://www.slashfilm.com/five-big-conti ... ture-past/

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Fri May 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Loal. bruce wayne, always good value.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Tue May 27, 2014 8:26 am

In this story about reality being altered through time travel, some of the things that happened at different points in time were altered?!?! There were also changes to characters when the story cut to different points in character's lives, decades apart. How could this possibly be explained?!?!

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Tue May 27, 2014 9:23 am

It can't. There's an article floating around pointing out 5 apparent plot holes that have been created by the movies not tying into each other. I freakin' love X-men but is there any sequence to watch them in and have it actually make sense? God damn it...

Okay so in regards to X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past (together)

PROS:
- Great special effects. Future Earth looked pretty Matrix and Alien inspired, but definitely unique in it's own right. The shapeshifting sentinels were rad.
- I enjoyed the mash up of timelines for the chance to compare the old X-men costumes, characters, etc to the newer incarnations.
- I really dug that chick who used portals. Great execution.
- I liked their explanations of how Xavier and Magneto were friends then went down different paths, Xavier becoming paralysed, the creation of Beast, the founding of Xavier's school for the gifted, how Wolverine met the army dude that experimented on him, etc. All pretty decent portrayals.

CONS:
- It should have explained why Xavier suddenly wasn't dead any more. There IS an explanation but they didn't even touch it, pretty much ignoring X-Men 3. Xavier can transfer his consciousness from one body to another, and in the comics he had a clone body grown for him by Dr McTaggert I think? At the end of The Wolverine's credits rolling we saw Xavier alive and walking alongside Logan. Why didn't they elaborate on how he reappeared? Or are they actually disregarding his death in X-Men 3 entirely? Before X:DoFP came out they said at a Comicon that it would be explained. :evil:
- The way the future of mutant-kind depended almost solely on Wolverine's success. I'm getting pretty fucking sick of everything being about Wolverine. He's boss level, and it was great that in X:FC he appeared for as long as it took him to say "go fuck yourself", but then with the 2nd movie it was everything depending on Wolverine again, with him taking up most of the screen time.
- The overall cheesiness of a time travel storyline.
- Ellen Page does fuck all apart from stand there with her hands on Logan's temples, which sucks because she's a mega babe and I want to see her jump about.

8/10.

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Tue May 27, 2014 9:51 am

It can. I can't believe you guys aren't smart enough to follow an action figure movie. That 5 point list is retarded as fuck, the guy says stuff like "Ok, well it has been decades, but there's no explanation..." The explanation is that it has been decades. It's not an instruction manual, it's a story. They don't need to show you every single second of everyone's life. I've never seen an x-man shit, but none of them explode from fecal build up. Whoa ho, plot hole guys. Guess that's another movie I'm smarter than, check out this listicle of 8 more movies I clocked by being smarter than.

Fuck people who don't understand fiction as a concept.

TimShadbolt

Postby TimShadbolt » Tue May 27, 2014 10:16 am

Decades later or not, dying then coming back to life is a pretty shit thing to leave out of a storyline. Whole religions have started over stupid stories like that. :baton:

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Thu May 29, 2014 11:07 am

yossarian wrote:I've never seen an x-man shit, but none of them explode from fecal build up. Whoa ho, plot hole guys.

:lol:
Rob wrote:you are down a dead end street with no hope of every doing anything

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Thu May 29, 2014 12:02 pm

General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:41 pm

I was really hoping this would be shit and Fox would lose enough money to let the rights revert back to Marvel so we can finally see the Xmen in MCU.

Apocalypse in the post credits was fucking great.
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:08 pm

went and saw it again during the weekend, had to tell two people to turn their phones off....funny thing was after that they got up and left??? weird who would pay $17 to sit in a movie theatre and txt the whole time

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:56 pm

I'm getting pretty fucking sick of everything being about Wolverine.

pretty much. He was always my favorite as a kid, used to collect the comics and draw a lot, but now if you say you like wolverine people are all like "no shit".

Movie was good, I think for AAA movies, I can understand entertainment being more important than canon, probably too many people would be all confused if logan was missing his claws and they hadn't followed the plot.
Agree with the point about ellen page.

Also, the 2 minutes of "future xmen" fighting, using cool teamwork and heaps of portals etc was cooler than anything that happened in the rest of the movie (almost no fighting/powers) except for that speed kid (same kid from American Horror Story, best character in the movie, and kitchen scene was fucking awesome)
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

buckton

Postby buckton » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Didn't really care for the trilogy of movies so I didn't even know that prof x was supposed to be dead.

Gambit was my favourite from The Animated series, dunno why he hasn't been in any movies yet.
ImageImageImage

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:52 pm

buckton wrote:Gambit was my favourite from The Animated series, dunno why he hasn't been in any movies yet.

maybe you should try watching x-men origins:wolverine then

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn6hIPLO9VQ[/video]

snuff
Information Highway Patrol

Postby snuff » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Gambit stand alone film is in the works.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/x-men-22-jump- ... it-1452193
I guess you really need to ask yourself... What Would Graeme Do?

Return to “Reviews”