Black Flag at the Kings Arms?

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
WestyRocker

Black Flag at the Kings Arms?

Postby WestyRocker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Did Black Flag or a variation of them play at the Kings Arms on Saturday night heard about it on a Construction site today and am bewildered how there was very little advertising if they did , I knew they were touring Australia but thought they had skipped New Zealand ,gutted if I missed them.

bruce wayne

Re: Black Flag at the Kings Arms?

Postby bruce wayne » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:08 pm

I think your source is confused with this
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66155

WestyRocker

Postby WestyRocker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:14 pm

Maybe he came up too me on site because I have the "Bars" tattooed on my forearm and he had them on his Upper Arm pretty sure he would no the difference just seems to be a bit believeable because they are sooooooo close at the moment (I mean Greg Ginn and Robbo) he reckoned it brought all the "Old Boys" out of the woodwork.

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:37 pm

yeah man was fuckin mean

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Pretty hilarious/depressing that a cunt with a black flag tatty saw the members and got the two confused. How fucking obliterated must that cunt have been.

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:51 pm

:lol:
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:58 pm

One time in New Plymouth I stood directly in front of the stage with Semple and watched Horror Story play their entire set, after they finished I said to him 'yeah they were alright tonight aye' he looks at me blank as and says 'who?'
'Horror Story. ' I said, half laughing.
'Oh yeah when are they on?'

Fucking munter we just watched them play.

nazi scum

Postby nazi scum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:11 pm

:lol:
i say all islamic people are welcome, just leave your fuckin shitty religion at the door.

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:29 am

Pretty sure they played Chch NMTPunkfest as well.

NOIDEAWOTEVER

Postby NOIDEAWOTEVER » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Well since we're all swapping mistaken identity stories...

This one time in Hamilton The Bludgers were supporting the Uk Subs. Mike was packing up his gear after his set when this pissed old bugger thought Mike was Charlie Harper and said 'play something from the old days' because he didn't recognise any of the songs :explainittomelikeimfive:

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:14 pm

The Members show was the oldest crowd Ive seen for fucking ages. I was pretty much the youngest fulla there.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:03 pm

NOIDEAWOTEVER wrote:Well since we're all swapping mistaken identity stories...

I like the one about how al jourgensen of ministry punched out some guy who thought he was rob zombie

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Here's another one: on Friday i was waiting for my bag to come off the belt at Wellington airport, relieved as fuck to be there after fog had diverted a few earlier flights to Palmerston North and they'd made mention of it on the plane, and i saw a guitar case, drumcase, etc, go past so i watched them until they were picked up by a couple of older guys further round and i kinda thought, "oh yeah, probably a jazz band up here for a gig or something, sweet", then i grabbed my bag and left. And it was the fucken MEMBERS!!!! I shit you not. Also lucky to have landed on their Christchurch flight, and i had them pegged as "a jazz band or something". **slaps himself round his half-witted head** Severely missed my opportunity to be a fanboy there.
Fucken awesome gig! Flesh D-Vice were fucken brilliant, The Members were fucken colossal, crowd was old school as fuck, not a bad size either, lots of catch-ups, then off to a nightclub to own the dancefloor for 3 songs before drunkenly staggering to a taxi. Good times.
Cheers to the organisers :drinking:
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

mike

Postby mike » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Hardcase that one Tim I sorta remember that I also remember playing support for the Business at KA and I remember talking to Punkfest Ross or had just done so, think Pitbull passed me a beer and this woman came up and said Why didnt you play Drinking & Driving? For a second I didnt click then I realised she thought we were the Business well we had done a shitty version of real Enemy.

Maybe Jessie done a whole can of Black Flag or said he was going to at KA?? some people may laugh but Ive seen him have a good go at one, at least it was Black Flag. Dosent that almost count as a Black Flag show??

In a way no disrespect to Nige Toxik but maybe Semp didnt know which NP band it was at time hes actually really deaf in one ear maybe he didnt hear ya well enough? aint seen Nige in ages buts hes usually in about 5 or so lineups and Semp i hope was havin a laugh

buckton

Postby buckton » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:34 pm

bruce wayne wrote:
NOIDEAWOTEVER wrote:Well since we're all swapping mistaken identity stories...

I like the one about how al jourgensen of ministry punched out some guy who thought he was rob zombie

from three years ago...
buckton wrote:Ministry puns were intentional. Is Rob Zombie the guitarist in Ministry?

http://forums.punkas.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=60288&hilit=ministry+rob+zombie

Had no idea about that story and they do kinda look similar. There was a Terror show at Corner Hotel and Antags opened, thought "fuck new songs sound a bit different" it was the band before them. I then talked shit to Wayne from Invercargill through Antags entire actual set.
ImageImageImage

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:26 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z0bHRbmiCQ[/youtube]

Return to “Reviews”