Rebellion 2013 Blaqckpool

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
old school punk

Rebellion 2013 Blaqckpool

Postby old school punk » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:41 am

It all started when I got drunk at Christmas time and ordered 2 tickets for this . Ive never been out of the country before so what better way to start. After 36 odd hours flying we land at heathrow and much to my surprise we walked straight trough customs [phew] .Got the tube to Camden and as soon as we get back up on the street the first thing I see was a bullet belt for sale .I left mine at home as I didn't think id get through customs with it so 45 pound later its mine . Dropped bags off at hotel and then wandered around Camden market fuck its huge and abit overwhelming heaps of cool shit for sale and quite a few punks wandering around . Went to the pub across from the hotel and as im ordering my first beer a stranger says your not from around here so tell him my story then he proceeds to tell me use to be in a punk band in the 80s called Mayhem.So I tell him I have one of his records!! He manages the roundhouse so says he'll take us for a guided tour tomorrow!! Im fuckin rapt as that was a must see on my trip. Next day made our way to luton and caught up with a friend and stayed there the night . Next day off to blackpool stop and fuel up the car and meet up with the singer from the Straps [my friend knows him] Arrive at blackpool about 2 pm and theres punks and skins everywhere we go to a rehearsal place and watch the Straps then off to winter garden. Im blown away with all the punks there kids with mohawks and senior citizens . First band we see is Fire exit then Sick on the bus then the Straps Argy Bargy Red alert Menace New model army then finish off by falling a sleep at One way system get back to b and b about 3 am. Well wright more tomorrow if anyone is interested
Any touring bands coming down south if you need flyers put up i can do it [free]

Dick Dynamite

Re: Rebellion 2013 Blaqckpool

Postby Dick Dynamite » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:18 am

old school punk wrote:45 pound later its mine

Ouch.

Yeah, check out the Camden Arch Psychobilly shop in the Lock Market, pretty much the rest of Camden town is overpriced trash though.

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:31 am

George posted up a review???? What happened over there chap, you've come back different.
Looking forward to the next instalment.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

old school punk

Postby old school punk » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Dick Dynamite wrote:
old school punk wrote:45 pound later its mine

Ouch.

Yeah, check out the Camden Arch Psychobilly shop in the Lock Market, pretty much the rest of Camden town is overpriced trash though.

For what they sell for here I thought it was cheap . And yeah a lot of the market is crap and most of the stalls sell the same shit . The oi oi shop was cool though
Any touring bands coming down south if you need flyers put up i can do it [free]

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Awesome. Also looking forward to the rest of the review. -or better hearing it in person at Onslaught :)

Btw, my sadly departed uber-70s orangey-brown jacket came from Camden - only 5 quid, but I had to search half the day to find it :lol:

Kev Japan

Postby Kev Japan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:06 am

Sick on the Bus are great! I once went to their gig in Nottingham and then had a party with them until the morning. Biff Smiff is the man.

old school punk

Postby old school punk » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:19 am

[quote="Tartanperil"]Awesome. Also looking forward to the rest of the review. -or better hearing it in person at Onslaught :)

Yep i'll be coming up for onslaught

old school punk

Postby old school punk » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 am

Friday started with meeting Roger [rokpix] at the pub at lunchtime then down to winter gardens and first up for us was Antilla the stockbrocker fuck it was great to finally see him . Then splodgenessabounds max puts on a great show!!. Then off to see the Casualties and ive never seen so many mohawks at one place. Then off to see Steve Ignorant and paranoid vision didn't know any off there music but still loved them. Then stumbled on to to long tall Texans ive never even heard of them before but the lead singer playing the double bass was amazing the energy that man had . Then off to the Subhumans and Dick didn't disappoint with a great rant . Then Eddie and the hot rods who where much better than I expected then the Damned they played an old song then a newer one they where sloppy as fuck and you would've thought after 40 years they be abit tighter but still great to hear new rose . Then it was the Addicts the singer had a great stage presence then it was the Defects who where also much better than I expected then it was the Vibrators and what a joke I had to ask someone who was playing they where that bad .It transpires that Knox the singer was ill so they got a replacement they should've cancelled . Next up the Buzzcocks I was really looking forward to them as ive missed them both times when they played Christchurch and what a disappointment there sound was at best shit there soundman needed a good fisting . We where so disappointed we forgot all about the Exploited and fucked off home .

NOIDEAWOTEVER

Postby NOIDEAWOTEVER » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:32 am

Good reading George keep 'em coming.

Re The Vibrators - Last I heard Knox had actually left the band and Pat Collier had replaced him. I thought they were bloody good when I toured them here and Oz, but sounds like this new line up is rubbish.

Anyway, carry on George...

Return to “Reviews”