WOODCOCK 2013

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
Dead Kid

Re: WOODCOCK 2013

Postby Dead Kid » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:04 am

dclxvi wrote:cool, so reporting shit that happens on Facebook is "news" now?

It's the more substantial cousin of Twitter-sourced news.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:28 pm

Big Dick aka Richard Steele wrote:ok here is my take on this bullshit, Woodcock was perhaps the greatest event i have ever experienced in my entire life. (Not saying much for my life but hey...) If there was one thing that festival was not, it was not a haven for bigoted assholes. It was perhaps the exact opposite. never in my life have I seen such a large collection of good cunts, As a REAL LIFE HOMOSEXUAL I take more offense at this little cuntwits poor understanding of ironic humour than any imagery/jokes/hilarious homophobic comments said with the slight tinge of sarcasm TGA music sux is well known for. To say that people who find humour in what is usually an airy fairy subject and to instead confront it and bask in the glory and hilarity of rascism, homophobia and whatever else this douche is complaining are "bigoted edgy cool kids" shows a complete lack of any kind of appreciation for people who exist outside the summer fests and shitty covers bands most people seem to praise. I encounter more homophobia in 5 minutes on the strand than i witnessed in that entire festival, That is because i understand sarcasm for what it is... Sarcasm, I love to poke fun at what are usually sensitive and avoided subjects because some of us need that, We crave the absurdity of it, the undirected hatred, The want to express ourselves with no boundaries. From Big Dick to Big Rick... You guys can go choke on a chode.

As a footnote, I am more offended by heterosexuals with no place commenting on how something offends the gay community. And making accusations about how offensive something is that you are not even a part of, than i am by any amount of actual bigoted assholery. Learn your god damn place. In a vagina. With some tits in your hand.
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

mmmm....good crack

Postby mmmm....good crack » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:30 pm

GC.

kettles

Postby kettles » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:43 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itI-3fZKq20[/youtube]

donvito

Postby donvito » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:51 pm

great song, great band!

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:As a footnote, I am more offended by heterosexuals with no place commenting on how something offends the gay community. And making accusations about how offensive something is that you are not even a part of, than i am by any amount of actual bigoted assholery. Learn your god damn place. In a vagina. With some tits in your hand.

That is perhaps the most awesome thing I've read in quite some time. PS: I've met Joel Cosgrove. He is a vainglorious twat.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:11 pm

^that was richard, not me, but this was in my inbox just now when i got home, i know jack is familiar with this carry on.

Nick Henry
Hey, I don't like this comment. Please remove it.
------------------------------
The comment:
Philfy Vermin (March 9, 2013): if youre offended, too fuckin bad, get fucked, hope your mum gets raped til she dies by a person who is from a different ethnic background from you.
Content URL: https://www.facebook.com/big.bigrick/po ... 1738199636

:baton: :calavcalav:
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

donvito

Postby donvito » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:38 pm

hahahahaha

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Nick Henry wrote: I'm confused about some of this backlash, because I read Joel's original comment and he wasn't speaking for anyone else, or taking offence on anyone else's behalf. It's not like he wrote "don't say bad words that offend the gays and the womens", he was calling out the use of sexist and homophobic language in advertising, which didn't reflect the vibe of the event but contributed to a general media culture of casual sexism and homophobia. That's not just a bad thing if it offends women or offends GLBT people, it's harmful because it contributes to an environment of social oppression that affects all of us. And by social oppression I don't mean being offended on the internet, I mean people being physically unsafe and feeling unsafe to express who they are in public. So cheers to Joel for saying that, and for being prepared to take the flak from the backlash.

donvito

Postby donvito » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:35 am

Fiction & Falsehood wrote:
Nick Henry wrote: I'm confused about some of this backlash, because I read Joel's original comment and he wasn't speaking for anyone else, or taking offence on anyone else's behalf. It's not like he wrote "don't say bad words that offend the gays and the womens", he was calling out the use of sexist and homophobic language in advertising, which didn't reflect the vibe of the event but contributed to a general media culture of casual sexism and homophobia. That's not just a bad thing if it offends women or offends GLBT people, it's harmful because it contributes to an environment of social oppression that affects all of us. And by social oppression I don't mean being offended on the internet, I mean people being physically unsafe and feeling unsafe to express who they are in public. So cheers to Joel for saying that, and for being prepared to take the flak from the backlash.

fuck i hate it when people say "so cheers to **** for..."

fuck up you smarmy cunt

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Sorry PunkAs, you are just old. Woodcock is the punk now: http://www.waikatoindependent.co.nz/201 ... als/11555/

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm

haha, yeh i read that and was confused, there was a punk covers band tho wasnt there?

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:42 pm

Punktuation, didn't see em coz they were playing the on-site 'afterparty' whenever that was. Big Dick and the Jammerz should get the big throbbing punk award for contribution to punkiness though.

donvito

Postby donvito » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:01 pm

that sucks

mike

Postby mike » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Justin from Electric Mayhem fkn loves their Green day cover. I thought they did a good version of Sham 69 Hurry up Harry

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:06 pm

any version of hurry up harry is a good version.

Window Licker

Postby Window Licker » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:58 pm

This whole thing reminds me of a xmas i had in Ireland when some idiot decided that Fairy Tale of New York by The Pouges should be banned from the radio because of the line 'you scumbag you maggot you cheap lousy faggot', and everyone got super pissy at the gays about it, then GLADD said 'sure we dont give a fuck, we love that song' and it turned out it was just one straight dude who inadvertently caused a huge backlash against the gay community with his PC fuckwittery.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:30 pm

yeh its bleeped out on some stations

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:51 pm

I was at an Invasion of the Mutant Space Bats of Doom gig in my dream, and Joel was there having fun getting heckled. There was even a song about him. It was hilarious.

donvito

Postby donvito » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 pm

our best show so far by all means

kettles

Postby kettles » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Who was that space mutants guy? Didn't see him/them but heard about it

donvito

Postby donvito » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:29 am