O.M.G. and Converge KA 10FEB

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
daggers

O.M.G. and Converge KA 10FEB

Postby daggers » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Got there during that brocore band to witness some sweet windmills. Bleh.
Old Man Gloom managed to bypass my earplugs and blow my earballs off, holy fuck they were loud. Awesome.
Converge were on form but I think I enjoyed their last show more, probaberbly due to the longer set. Good range of songs despite the new album dropping very recently.

Good to catch up with crucial dudes, good buzz aside from the Sunday night steez. Also saw old mate B. Thiele swanning around with his camera pretending to be all VIP and shit, I wanted to run my hand down his big baby face for some reason
https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

geneterror666
Six Button Terrorist

Re: O.M.G. and Converge KA 10FEB

Postby geneterror666 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:31 pm

daggers wrote:Got there during that brocore band to witness some sweet windmills. Bleh.

What band? I never saw anything about opening acts anywhere?

I completely forgot about this, oh well it doesn't seem like that long ago that I saw Converge last and I'm not into Old Man Gloom.

Grave Dancer

Postby Grave Dancer » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:51 pm

twas this band Expire, that I hear got tagged onto the show because they would otherwise be trying to play their own seperate shindig

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Expire - Not for me i'm afraid. Picking up change? Come on guys.

Old Man Gloom - Hot Salliez, The Gift, Skullstorm. Fuckin' GREAT.

Converge - I remember last time i was real stoked to hear the stuff off Jane Doe, this time i was more stoked on the new songs. Aimless Arrow, All We Love We Leave Behind and finishing on First Light/Last Light was rad.

Steve Brodsky/10

blastman

Postby blastman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Lord Of Tygers: Didn't realise they were even on the bill so walked in on their 2nd to last song. Crushing bass tone (theme for the night for all bass players in all the bands). Not really enough time to get into it so will pass judgement for now except that it's probably not as interesting as the other bands Milon has played in (Cobra Khan and Sommerset).

Expire: They semed to me to be like a 90's inspired Groovy-New-York-Hardcore band which isn't bad but pretty run-of-the-mill Hardcore tbh.

Old Man Gloom: Loud and heavy as fuck but man did they fucking milk some sweet riffs for far too long.

Converge: FUCKING AMAZING!!! Converge just graduated to my ALL TIME TOP 10 of "live acts" I'm seen in my entire life. The whole band is amazing and Ben Koller is by far one of the most impressive drummers I've seen play in this so called "hardcore" genre. Stoked to see them play quite a few new songs off the latest album. I reckon it's their best. I know I wasn't the only one who had to pick their jaw off the ground once Converge finished. They certainly live up to the hype of being one of the most intense live bands to watch. Am now a dedicated Converge fan.

Bonus points in running into tonnes of PNHC peeps and other mofos from around the country!

What a way to spend a Sunday evening.

8/10.

glenn

Postby glenn » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Expire- weren't bad just all starts to sound samey, not a massive fan of bands doing this sort of sound at the moment minus TUI

Old Man Gloom- had a bit too much beer/bud beforehand so watched it from outside but sounded heavy as fuck

Converge- holy shit what a tight unit, didn't see them last time so first time seeing them live exceeded (high) expectations. Setlist was pretty packed with the new album which I haven't jammed that much but was rad to watch regardless. Highlights were Locust Reign and Bitter and then Some.

As said previously, good way to spend a sunday night.

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 pm

daggers wrote:I wanted to run my hand down his big baby face for some reason

That's because you're gay.

daggers

Postby daggers » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:11 pm

https://www.discogs.com/user/daggers_NZ/collection
[img]http://iforce.co.nz/i/q3xbuiu4.mh3.png[/img]

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:09 am

:baton: :baton: :baton: :baton:

needs to be credited to the aewsmoe artist that did this

:baton:
Rob wrote:you are down a dead end street with no hope of every doing anything

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 am

Oh, yeah, the show... Was a bit put off by the sea of fedoras and pastel hipsters... Took way too long to get a drink in the queue as well. Converge sounded a bit like Of Mumfords and Men, was pretty sick. Will probaberbly go next year if they drop the ticket price. Also, couldn't find any change to pick up unfortunately. Had to use eftpos all night instead. Drank way too many rc colas and woke up on the couch!!/10.
Rob wrote:you are down a dead end street with no hope of every doing anything

Drax

Postby Drax » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Last time when Converge came and did a show in Aucks they played 'The Saddest Day :cry: ' it was mad as.

Fuck, this band's touring efforts are impressive. Respect to the people who promote bands like this playing in NZ. Hopefully they play here once again before they call it a day.

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Kerry wrote:Took way too long to get a drink in the queue as well.

:tohlc:

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:11 pm

daggers wrote:Also saw old mate B. Thiele swanning around with his camera pretending to be all VIP and shit, I wanted to run my hand down his big baby face for some reason

I just want to throw Big Macs at him.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

Fiction & Falsehood

Postby Fiction & Falsehood » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:02 pm

i want to hear more about lars' unacknowledged bastard child, fuck these hipster bands, more theile!
“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” -Mother Theresa

Dixon Cider A.C.

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:42 pm

converge are fuckin mean phil.

ghetto ninja

Postby ghetto ninja » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:16 pm

That is the case Mitch, but it doesnt lessen the need for Big Macs to assault BJ Thieles cake hole.
Martyrdamn wrote:Said 'hey baby gurl' to about seven girls tonight,
turns out girls don't like guys talking about getting up in their guts,
fagets, right.

Return to “Reviews”