Hardskin at the Grosvenor (London, Brixton)

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
InFesTed HeAd

Hardskin at the Grosvenor (London, Brixton)

Postby InFesTed HeAd » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Alright to start with... i don't like oi... so bearing that in mind....
Got there a lil late... thank god... there was some terrible hippy folk band playing!! fuck knows why they were fucken terrible!!! So i got into the staropramen... fucken nice beer...
The band before hardskin was lowest form.. really good hardcore punk from london. I had seen them before, but they really destroyed on friday... some drunk old man walked up to the stage.. threw something then proceeded to get up onto stage... Then the singer pushed him and he went flying into the drum kit... before he knew what was happening the singer grabbed him and threw him back into the crowd... fucken funny!!
Anyway hardskin
I was expecting to see heaps of spikey haired north london punks... intstead it was all crusties! Hardskin were fucken awesome! Played a lot of good known songs... my favourite being "we are the wankers' The guitarist has this aura of coolness, it was awesome!!!
Got myself some sweet merch then took about 2 hours to get home..
Sorry for short shit review.. just got 5 mins before work so trying the best i can!!!

Caio

Dixon Cider A.C.

Re: Hardskin at the Grosvenor (London, Brixton)

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:36 pm

fuck yeah hardskin. See em before I die hopefully.

InFesTed HeAd

Postby InFesTed HeAd » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:44 pm

So sunday i went to another sweet show... if you like grind/hardcore/power violence you need to check out "the afternoon gentlemen" from leeds... these guys are fucken amazing... played with a london based czech band called hovadah who are also great but don't compare to the gents... check em out! they just turned down a deal from earache

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:11 am

Listened to "same meat different gravy" tonight. Fuck you Chris haha
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

Ouch
Dog's Best Friend

Postby Ouch » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Fuck yeh i saw Hard Skin earlier in the year and they were everything i hoped they would be, abusive as fuck, especially toward crusty punks.

Out of my head

Postby Out of my head » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:12 pm

jealous

Out of my head

Postby Out of my head » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:26 pm

InFesTed HeAd wrote:So sunday i went to another sweet show... if you like grind/hardcore/power violence you need to check out "the afternoon gentlemen" from leeds... these guys are fucken amazing... played with a london based czech band called hovadah who are also great but don't compare to the gents... check em out! they just turned down a deal from earache

weeeeeeeeeee weeee weeeee weeee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i like the bits where hes not pig-squeeling

InFesTed HeAd

Postby InFesTed HeAd » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:44 pm

^^
whaddya on about bro... a good old piggy scream is all right by me... unless your talking about gore grind... fuck that shit... where you at these days?

ignosam

Postby ignosam » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:38 am

InFesTed HeAd wrote:The guitarist has this aura of coolness, it was awesome!!!

Holy shit 8O !
You can see auras of coolness? Must be some good drugs aye?

InFesTed HeAd

Postby InFesTed HeAd » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:58 am

haha.. dont know how else to explain it aye... was fucken funny, but i didnt partake in any drug taking that particular night... apart from booze and weed...

mike

Postby mike » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:03 pm

bit strange you dont like Oi and you go watch Hardskin and you like them so you do like a bit of Oi?? anyway bit hard not to like Hardskin seen em myself whether they are a joke band or pisstake or woteva fucken catchy shit makes you drink hard.
So by Crusties do you mean the glue sniffing anything sniffing stinking thieving braindead using everyone junkie scum or do you mean just loose dirty punks?. Me and Scott from Gripper had to put up with some on the bus from Morecambe to London they stole his whiskey when the bus stopped. Even the punks on the bus didnt like them (was all skins and punks whole bus except for maybe 2 normal people after wot is Rebellion fest now) some said to me sorry you have to put with the scum of europe and that they are an insult to the punk scene we were down the back next to them had to stare at one to make him shut up, sum of them crustys seemed ok (mohawk ones sorta talked to, but a couple of them were more like brain fucked zombies truely gone and selfish as can be strangely enuff Shavehead one was the worst. anyway Hardskin are good as wish they would come over

Return to “Reviews”