punk show @ medusa

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
pitts
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:47 pm

punk show @ medusa

Postby pitts » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:53 am

was cool, better turn than i had expected being that there were quite a few big shows on elsewhere around town. was a night of broken guitar strings and bands with similar names

Rock raven ninjas- played first and early so they can go do another gig, they ain't my cup of tea but cool dudes
Lick dastardly- First time seeing these guys and they were really good! front man got style and the johnny cash and blitz covers were mean
The dead scene- still trying to work in new guitar player. new songs sounding better. fuckin guitar strings!
Black lick- guitar strings broke on two guitars! had fun being our last show for awhile
Dead vicious- Al's leads were sweet. and liked their song white boy. the axe chopping up a tv was the finale. some kid went to kick it while the singer was coming down with the axe, Fuckin close call!

heard it might be the last punk show there, dunno but oh well.

User avatar
Dixon Cider A.C.
Posts: 3917
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: pito one

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby Dixon Cider A.C. » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:29 pm

why wouldn't they want to have punk shows?

User avatar
the croc
Posts: 5761
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:35 pm
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby the croc » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 pm

Spots gets too rowdy
There's more to life than thrash
So let's get really smashed
and do the heavy head dance

https://www.facebook.com/paekakarikipunkshow/

User avatar
deathbyejaculation
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:40 pm
Location: Somalia
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby deathbyejaculation » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Cause the owner hates everyone and hasn't got laid in 10 years
Former Child Star wrote:show stolen by punchy the party girl

User avatar
FC
Orange Ska Dork
Posts: 20816
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby FC » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:why wouldn't they want to have punk shows?


Maybe because they smashed a television with an axe in the middle of the bar?
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms


Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

User avatar
hiv-positive
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Veins

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby hiv-positive » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:40 pm

A genius idea given they are an underdog venue competing for all small market amidst other, far more savvy venues.

mike
Posts: 1912
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:30 pm

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby mike » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:45 pm

where else can punk bands play in Wellington?? that sucks if its the last punk gig there

User avatar
punch-up
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: A.V.H.C.

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby punch-up » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:02 pm

FC wrote:
Dixon Cider A.C. wrote:why wouldn't they want to have punk shows?


Maybe because they smashed a television with an axe in the middle of the bar?


This. I work at a bar, and the worst thing is when bands decide to pull destructive stunts, especially without letting the staff know what's going on. One band that played at work decided that it would be a great idea to bring buckets of jelly and throw it everywhere then smash glasses all over the floor, leading to some pretty nasty gashes.

User avatar
wassup rockers
Posts: 3251
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Auckland City

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby wassup rockers » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:13 pm

punch-up wrote:One band that played at work decided that it would be a great idea to bring buckets of jelly and throw it everywhere then smash glasses all over the floor, leading to some pretty nasty gashes.


Chuggalugalugaluga-gaweeeee-ha-ha?

pitts
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:47 pm

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby pitts » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:33 pm

dunno why, but from what i gather is the tv was allowed to be smashed because it was gonna be the last one. That's the word on the mean streets :wink:

Ciderman
Posts: 560
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:17 pm
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby Ciderman » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Pretty sure that Dead Vicious smash a TV with an axe every time they play and also pretty sure they have played Valve/HITW/Medusa many times so the owners can hardly react by saying no more punk gigs.

User avatar
Maleficent
mama poopoo
Posts: 13112
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:12 pm
Location: KAITI FOR LIFE

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby Maleficent » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:23 pm

yeh they've been smashing TVs for a while now.
http://aotearoa666.com/

User avatar
skirmish
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:48 pm
Location: High Class Society
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby skirmish » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:06 pm

must be rich cunts to afford a tv every show??

User avatar
General Mutante
Posts: 9849
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:57 pm
Location: Beyond the Thunderdome...
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby General Mutante » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Do you know how cheap fucked old tellys are?
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
Marrow
real poo particles
Posts: 3749
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: lost in the Warp
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby Marrow » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:22 am

there are other venues than medusa in wellington...but every one we lose is still a pain in the ass.

User avatar
BenM
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby BenM » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:50 am

Just so you know, this rumour is completely untrue. Getting wound up about nothing guys. I think this may be a case of someone wanting there to be drama when there ain't. I know one of the staff and got this checked and it's a complete lie that there wont' be anymore punk shows.

Calm down.

pitts
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:47 pm

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby pitts » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:24 am

not into drama, just what we were told. but if they still gonna do punk then that's cool :wink: thanks for investigating it. 8)

Skoll
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:57 am
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby Skoll » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:36 am

pitts wrote:Black lick- guitar strings broke on two guitars! had fun being our last show for awhile


Heard it's because they want to pursue ritual murders of stray pets and homeless people, dunno but oh well.

User avatar
BenM
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby BenM » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:52 pm

All cool man.

Skoll wrote:
pitts wrote:Black lick- guitar strings broke on two guitars! had fun being our last show for awhile


Heard it's because they want to pursue ritual murders of stray pets and homeless people, dunno but oh well.


Haha :D

User avatar
Maleficent
mama poopoo
Posts: 13112
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:12 pm
Location: KAITI FOR LIFE

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby Maleficent » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Our flat donated an old tv to ken v for a show once. I have another one too, if Dead Vicious want to play a show in Gisborne.
http://aotearoa666.com/

Skoll
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:57 am
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby Skoll » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:42 am

I heard Gisborne is banning music all together pretty soon.

User avatar
Maleficent
mama poopoo
Posts: 13112
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:12 pm
Location: KAITI FOR LIFE

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby Maleficent » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 am

nah just the kind of crap you promote
http://aotearoa666.com/

Skoll
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:57 am
Location: Wellington
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby Skoll » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:06 pm

There goes my "Battle of the Bands - Black Power vs Mongrel Mob" idea then...

pandashoesshop.com
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby pandashoesshop.com » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Allow i love you, please!


You are a piece of co-star, i just one of the low side played the ; you are a shining with the stream, i was just one on the shore with pebbles ; you is darkness through the sky but the silver moon, i was in a land with grass. the sandstorms。

Me in the remote place, with deep love you not to disturb you, and staring into the pink dream。The angel of the shadows like a cloud in the projection,When you laugh like the wind chimes in with the smell of roses in the morning breeze brushed like, you know, what a happy and moved over with my mind?I am in the light of dawn in the distant view, blessings with the first ray of the golden sunlight ; i rose at a spot the night lingered and the reflections of your own memory.nike yeezy

I've decided to crystal clear bright, you laugh, is my share in the bright flag.You call my enthusiasm for the trust of friends. most trusted friend! you know, i was unwilling to accept the position. yes, your friend to share the pleasure of your splendid life in part, is there more pride in any reason for?However, in addition to the friendship, please let me be with you the most perfect, no dust odd guilty love, please let me hold you,With loving eyes and stared at you … … … a hug you. please forgive me! all this seemed to move, because i love you.

Let me be your most loyal knight, whenever you need me, if a calling,I will not hesitate to the occasion. i'll defend to your honour, if i want to send blood!

Love, is that you love the man happy. and i was not able to give you a i want to give you the happiness… … But,This can not prevent that i love you.Because of the world there are many kinds of love, love, not necessarily have you watched it is also a kind of love。I believe that when we made love with someone, in the form of love, they is the nature of the same.I was standing near your faraway place, and silently, sincere and deep watching you, and this life.Gucci Bag

May one day when i love the misfortune to be on you, you must tell me, i would as leave.For your happiness is my happiness, if only because of my presence, caused you so much for you, as well as for me, i must be in your life away from。Hope you can i have forgotten, a trace. rather, i'd rather you forgotten and happiness to you for remembering my sorrow. don't suffer for me, even in the distant places with you smile at the moment, i still can't help laughing. the happiness of。

Love is life in a real valuable wealth, an only too little than too much wealth.I cling to the reserved for you to love, because i see, it is the most beautiful one i have.For you. i sincerely was unrepentant to the loves and regrets, laughing, tears, and learn not required.Were you, i feel the life of the most perfect, let me in the interest of the world to 横流 still have a care to listen, i need some more?

Yes, i can only is destined to live a vulgar person, but i am well aware that one had a flat but with heart reckless in love, so that she was happy.About you, too, if you know some unknown place has a sincere heart beating time for you, you are not moved?

Well, may i love you, it is enough. let the sincerity of the earth is getting less and less still floated in such a moving legend : most attractive figure in the happy love auras, a pair of eyes, silently, she followed a lifetime of......

Allow i love you, please?

BigBadBazza
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:49 pm

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby BigBadBazza » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:24 pm

pandashoesshop.com wrote:nike yeezy
Salvador Dali wrote:Everyone should eat hashish, but only once.

User avatar
General Mutante
Posts: 9849
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:57 pm
Location: Beyond the Thunderdome...
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby General Mutante » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:16 pm

Hippy bots. Now I've seen it all.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
Marrow
real poo particles
Posts: 3749
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: lost in the Warp
Contact:

Re: punk show @ medusa

Postby Marrow » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 am

Skoll wrote:I heard Gisborne is banning music all together pretty soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Return to “Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest