Lager Louts,E.M,K.K.K,Bludgers,Doppellgangers Ward Lane

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
mike

Lager Louts,E.M,K.K.K,Bludgers,Doppellgangers Ward Lane

Postby mike » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:45 pm

After consuming lots of piss Lager Louts hit the stage for their first show. Had heard a bit of their Sound Check. I reckon for their 1st show the Lager Louts were pretty mean and for the style it seemed they set out to achieve, the new Auckland Oi band pumped out a catchy set of Oi some, Once Were Warriors ditty and that Skinhead song off Romper Stomper. My favourite song probably was Oppressed-Work together which they did the original proud. Jiddy has a mean set of tonsils and was a great frontman. Bit of a ruckus towards the end of set but when you have J.L SSkumbag in your band wot more could you expect. Also it wouldn't be a Hamilton gig without drama's nuff said.

Electric Mayhem were a hell of a lot faster than last time Id seen them being on the door of Ward Lane the sound didnt quite travel to the back as well but from what I heard sounded goodas. Definetly a band I wanna see again and be a lot closer to the front was kinda to me like going back to 80's US Hardcore Punk and I mean that in the best possible way ie exciting. Ben is a standout drummer and like all the bands on the night great people offstage.

Kia Kaha Kids had a lot of GG Allin fans excited around Hamilton sadly they didnt all turn up. I think I let the boys down by not letting them use my quad box which I should of, guitar amp didnt quite cut thru how it ideally should but overall a great set with a few originals as well. Sorat gave the band a bit of a rough edge even a AntiSeen sorta sound which is Scumfuck approved. Love that GG cover "Im infected with Aids, I fuck everyday...

Bludgers great to be back at Ward Lane I broke a string first song managed to do 3 songs like that and Jello had to tape up the kick drum before we started. Crowd seemed pretty enthuisiastic we even did a new song "Sort it Out" few other newish ones and of course oldies. Moosefucker did a pretty good job on the bass and considering Jellos kick drum he played great I thought.

Finally Dick Dynamite and the boys. It was quite a diverse lineup and I think theseguys did a great job finishing the night off sadly the crowd seemed to have gone down slightly but was getting late. They have their sound down better than ever thesedays and took a little bit longer than their set the night before at Flow to really kick in, but 2 impressive sets in 2 nights I saw. A lot more diversity than before, pace and stage presence. Ricky has always been a great singer but hes even better than before and overall theseguys definetly can play and seem to have fun in doing it. Could be time to tour overseas boys cant see why not.

Cheers to all the people from everywhere that came probably wont be a show at Ward Lane for awhile but thanks to all that were involved and I have to catch up with Dick Dynamite have some money for ya's.

PunkinDrublic

Re: Lager Louts,E.M,K.K.K,Bludgers,Doppellgangers Ward Lane

Postby PunkinDrublic » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Enjoyable show all round, despite the fucking freezing cold.
Really impressed with the Lager Louts! If I didn't know otherwise I would never have guessed it was their first gig. Jiddy's got one hell of a voice on him. Looking forward to seeing them again.

mike

Postby mike » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I remember Jon from Ward Lane saying something like "Boy those Lager Louts really live up to their name, they've been drinking for hours they really are Lager Louts" I just heard they were on 2% beers now thats cheating ha ha. Have to admit great sound and yeah was great stuff for first gig. Thought I was only getting vocal PA but was more so that helped a bit too. Whens next gig you Louties

norty

Postby norty » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:59 am

Cheers Mike for organizing the gig and letting us play (and to Jello for letting us use his kit and crash). Real good line up. Highlights for me were Bludgers, Electric Mayhem and Brandi's mum but all bands were mean. Thought us Lager Louts did ourselves proud not being blind drunk by the time we played (except Milky but this made him even better) seeing we left AK at 1pm to be responsible....and anyone caught drinking 2% beers would be out of the band, VBs and Bigfoot FTW.

Honist Ta Hu

Postby Honist Ta Hu » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Had a really good time. Thanks to Mike for putting this on.

All the bands were sweet and had a real fun time playing (even if we were pretty drunk and sounded really messy). Was especially impressed with Lager Louts, would never have guessed it was their first show.

mike

Postby mike » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:49 pm

yeah I know you guys aint 2% boys was a post gig bad joke.
I didn't know Brandy's mum played as well, must have been a good set by the way the boys were talking. Hamilton you never know who's in that Pretty Shitty City (fav quote from Twin Town the movie watch it if you aint seen it).

Thanks for saying cheers but end of the day its as much up to yourselves (bands, girlfriends, G Force the roadie, Audience, MSU Chris on the PA, Jon & Lorraine from Ward Lane for having such a gig, Terry from Phantom for cheap poster deal and even my mum for lending me her car mines fucked....(A.C.A.B) not to forget Jello for lending his drumkit and moving the equipment next day, sorry mate. Did anyone see anyone grab my Clockwork Orange poster hanging up next to the Bar wasn't too happy all forgiven if returned. Maybe look at doing another gig there in 3 or 4 months. So if your in a band along similar lines maybe even a HC band (you reading this Rex or HC drinkers) and a Ska one for Jon Ward Lane get in touch. Feel like a beer after that but dont have any :(

_JESSE

Postby _JESSE » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:28 pm

chers moike for organisngthe gig fuck i had a mean as night ay playin was fun was bitpissed ay i rekon we done good for how pised we were bludgers were mean glad ya found a new bass player chers for leting me use your amp mike piss up after it was boozey as fuck darrens hombrew kicks your arse

mike

Postby mike » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:37 pm

sure does second only to that moonshine I had in Papamoa that night mate has a bottle sitting there for me YAY!! ssshh. Suss an AK gig out and we will come up keen as to play with ya's you cunts should do that song Riot by the Oppressed then again maybe we should love that one. Was good having that extra microphone for extra Yobbo factor onstage Moosefucker needs to start singing too I reckon and Nick said Oi Oi Jessie was good to see ya's

the infamousme nigga

Postby the infamousme nigga » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Cheers to Mike for putting this one on, it was an awesome show. The Bludgers were definitely my pick, but all the other bands I saw were on the money.

yellowbus

Postby yellowbus » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:48 am

Was a sweet show, haven't seen a turnout like that for a local show in quite some time at Wardlane.
Good to catch up with a few out of towners.
Checked out Wrong Skate Park for the first time after the show, place is looking so sick, such a great positive thing you guys are doing I really hope it works out.
The little Maori kid that said I could knock him out for $20 = 10/10
KKK guys - was that bass found?

mike

Postby mike » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:44 am

yeah the bass was found under their car (or next to it) the dumb buggers!! I was a bit stressed out about it then in the end had to have a laugh about it. Still aint heard about my Clockwork Orange poster tho!!

the infamousme nigga

Postby the infamousme nigga » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:37 pm

mike wrote:Still aint heard about my Clockwork Orange poster tho!!

Don't know about the clockwork orange poster, but the AF banner you had was fuckin crazy!

mike

Postby mike » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:34 pm

yeah glad you liked it my best friend Megan done it years ago always liked that dude Taggarts artwork that done the original sometime we fold it in half and show off the bottom part always is a good show whenever we put it up. Can bring it along for the Void show if you want? love that album too especially The Eliminator is one of favourite HC songs ever

Sam Deformed

Postby Sam Deformed » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:57 am

Looks and sounded like it was a fucking great night then.
Judging by photos I've seen I take it norty is Mr. Joe Fitzgerald? Bit of a singalong I saw there Mike. Sounds like all the bands went off. Really keen to see the Lager Louts now!

Wish I couldve been there/10.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:09 am

nope two diff dudes
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Drax

Postby Drax » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:38 am

Cool story bro.

yellowbus

Postby yellowbus » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Drax wrote:Cool story bro.

PunkinDrublic

Postby PunkinDrublic » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:40 pm

yellowbus wrote:
Drax wrote:Cool story bro.

loucke = shit

Postby loucke = shit » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:51 am

This was an excellent show, Hamilton put on a cold, rainy one for us. Didn't stop the party raging all night, such a good night out, best in Hamilton for a long time.
Drop out of school, and get a drug habit.

mike

Postby mike » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:23 pm

what photos aint seeh any?

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:40 pm

this is a bit late for a review, but it was a choice as gig.
thanks heaps mike for putting it on. and to ward lane, mean as hosts
lager louts first show went pretty well, and we all had a fuckin ace time. were all keen to come down and play again. just working on more originals at the mo
kia kaha kids are a really fun band, a pitty theyve called it quits
bludgers never dissapoint, ever, good shit
electric mayhem are a top quality band, good vibes good times
dick dynamite is always a fuckin pleasure to watch
chhoice nite

mike

Postby mike » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Kia Kaha Kids calling it quits that sucks how come I reckon they had a lot of potential let alone were good dudes hopefully this aint true. Whens the Ak gig Dave better hurry up Moose is off overseas soon that maybe end of Bludgers as well so we need gigs beforehand.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:09 pm

having trouble mike, dogs bollix and galatos arent too keen for punkgigs, trying for thirsty but yeah long story,hold on itl happen

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:09 pm

having trouble mike, dogs bollix and galatos arent too keen for punkgigs, trying for thirsty but yeah long story,hold on itl happen

mike

Postby mike » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:34 pm

all good Dave think Simon likes you to book via internet

Return to “Reviews”