Terror - AKL

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
MuscleMan
smut peddler

Terror - AKL

Postby MuscleMan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:45 am

Show of the year.

Everyone was on top of their game tonight.

Ausi Band - 5 x xDavex and I loved it, they were channeling his mosh across the world.

Mean Streak - Sound fucking grouse with a second guitar. So awesome.

The Burial - Fav band in the country atm, brought the vibe.

The Chase - Unfortunately missed them, moweed nikkuh

Terror - They ruled shit in hell, Vogel had alot to say and the crowd seemed to lap it up, good vibe.

Downer buzz being the security. This is the last show for me at TR, fuck that insecure dickweed security guard. Big fellow with the impecible hat has a job to do and I respect that, but his faith in a particular individual is misplaced.

Ouch
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Terror - AKL

Postby Ouch » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:06 am

Yeah fukkin word up, Burial fukkin KILLED it, so fukkin doep. Fukkin. Almost didnt go to this show thinking there was no way in fuck they could top that last KA show but so fukkin glad i did. Terror were great. If the "punx" that were coming down to give cunts shit was just shitty Andy being a half assed tough guy out of earshot, you faggots need to get a better representative.

groged up bastard

Postby groged up bastard » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:11 am

Show was really fucking good, didn't expect it to be that good. Terror Front man preaches more than Brian Tamaki, maybe they should arrange a meeting...? dunno good show tho

Ouch wrote: If the "punx" that were coming down to give cunts shit was just shitty Andy being a half assed tough guy out of earshot, you faggots need to get a better representative.

yeah bro... punx need a representative ... good one fagot
and who was i giving shit too eh?
Last edited by groged up bastard on Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suspect wrote:what kind of bogan doesnt have a can of black spraypaint?
how are you gunna paint your car you big dumb homo?

dclxvi
Location: pissy shitty bloddy period rape shit cum food stains

Postby dclxvi » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:17 am

posting in soon-to-be-hilarious thread...
Kerry wrote:Then at an old age, the neighbour's dog thought it would be crakup to maul him and he died so we chucked him up in the ground.

Cosmo Kramer wrote:i have full qualifications (john grisham novels 1-10) and i am yet to sit the bar exam but i know i will pass

FC
Orange Ska Dork

Postby FC » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:28 am

If you thought the aussie band were good you definately need your hearing checked. Fucking awful. Might as well have been a local metalcore shithouse outfit.

Aidan
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

Phlegethon

Postby Phlegethon » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:56 am

there was no preaching. andypunkshit said "stop preaching" below his breath as soon as the dude said "i have something to say" ... which turned out to be saying how that this show was better than australian shows.

but besides this thread now going to shit already,

the show was excellent, missed the aus band and half of mean streak but all the bands i saw were real good.

the infamousme nigga

Postby the infamousme nigga » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:37 am

:D

jords

Postby jords » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:05 am

turnout?

xpigx

Postby xpigx » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:41 am

Who was the Australian band?
Fuck up, fuck off.

combatrock

Postby combatrock » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:48 am

Apart from the downer with security, I'm stoked on how the show went. Cheers to people involved in bringing them over. I hope it was economically viable, considering the Christchurch deal.

Sorry to the people who asked for a zine after I'd already 'sold' the ones that I brought along. I'll bring some along to Halloween Hardcore in a couple of weeks. If you want one before then, feel free to PM me.

The Cancer

Postby The Cancer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:12 am

steve f wrote:
Downer buzz being the security. This is the last show for me at TR, fuck that insecure dickweed security guard. Big fellow with the impecible hat has a job to do and I respect that, but his faith in a particular individual is misplaced.

Two sides to every story bro - not saying the guard's was the right one. If something like that had happened (not to mention all the stage invasion security turned a blind eye to) at Galatos or Studio, it wouldn't have ended so diplomatically; assuming we're both referring to the same incident here. Not going to engage in a multi-page thread here, PunkAs justice will do what it will - but seriously in terms of how rigidly security policed the show that crowd as a whole had it easy - even the Terror guys thanked our boys for being so respectful of the crowd.

Anyway, mean show. Really enjoyed The Burial. Thought Terror were a bit average but the crowd was a spectacle. Thanks to Sam and everyone else involved with the show, and all who came along.
http://www.facebook.com/rwentertainment

"Listen Lois, I know you're a feminist and I think that's adorable, but this is grown-up time and I'm the man". - Peter Griffin

bridge.

Postby bridge. » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:33 am

Sweet, good to hear terror was awesome after missing them in chch.
:(

Also, all this venue seriousness is getting kinda repetitive/boring.

BLUEPOWERADE

Postby BLUEPOWERADE » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:52 am

This was actually so fucking good.

Mean Streak sounded heaps heavier dunno if it was the PA, the extra guitarist or me being sober, but still shit ruled.

The Burial are actually starting to get ridiculous, not to get on the nuts but far and away the best band around at the moment.

The Chase brought the vibes while i had a cheeky beer, pretty sure clancys vocals have changed a bit (for the better) and the newer songs are mean.

Terror didnt play too many new songs, fuck the haters i liked what Scott Vogel had to say between songs even if some of its a bit cheesy. Was pumped on the turn out, and crowd participation was pretty up there i reckon.

Sorry to anyone i bled on, but no real care, pretty sure i dont have the aids.

I reckon the bouncers werent too bad bar that one dude, but maybe i missed some other shit.

Chur to Sam and whoever else made this shit happen

All in all if you even have a passing interest in Terror and didnt go, fuck your life.
Last edited by BLUEPOWERADE on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yellowbus

Postby yellowbus » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:54 am

awesome night

aus band sucked

mean streak - sound heaps better with the second guitarist, really enjoying this band

the burial - these guys are getting better and better, heavy as fuck and bringing the vibes

the chase - I agree with what someone said about clancy's vocals changing, which is different but I like it. crowd seemed a wee bit dead for this set.

terror - awesome, enjoyed the set and scott's stage banter was enjoyable

all in all cheers to the sam and whoever else was involved in bringing them over, was a sweet night

Postby 2010 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:04 pm

yellowbus wrote:aus band sucked

gave their ep teaser a hoon on the ride back, sounded like wish for wings

Samphetamine

Postby Samphetamine » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:15 pm

Ouch wrote:Almost didnt go to this show thinking there was no way in fuck they could top that last KA show but so fukkin glad i did.
This makes me wish I'd taken a up friend's offer to loan me the cash for the show.

Oh well, good to hear it went well.

David xvx Ludd

Postby David xvx Ludd » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Save the drama for your mama etc. Last night fucking ruled. I had mixed feelings beforehand, because I had really good memories and high hopes, mixed with worries that Terror might've slipped or security might be dicks or whatever. But security seemed to mostly strike a good balance, with that one weird exception.

And Terror...fuck. Fuck.

The turnout was amazing. I hope even 10% of the new faces I saw last night show up at a local show.

Missed the Aussie band.

Mean Streak: Definitely did sound heavier through the PA. It's been a few months since I saw them last, and they've stepped up a lot. Really loving their style too.

Burial: Well, fuck. Quickly becoming my favourite NZ band. Or possibly they already are. I dig Wadzy's stage presences and the whole band's sweet vibes.

Chase: This isn't really going to be a review of their set. Because all I want to say is: The songs of Sirens are all fucking amazing. Clancy's vocals seems edgier, and more desperate, and I think that reflects where the band is going overall.

Terror: I could not have asked for a better set. Completely on form, crowd went fucking ape, Scott Vogel preached good shit.

Things got pretty illmatic after the show. Great night.
Green | Vegan | Straight Edge | Tattooed | Lawyer | Cyclist | PMA

[url="http://about.me/david.tong"]Me[/url] | [url="http://www.p3foundation.org/"]My charity[/url] | [url="http://www.oxfam.org.nz/events/teams.asp?a=show_team_pages&eventid=30&teamid=6235"]My Trailkwalker team[/url]

Jakeage

Postby Jakeage » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Show ruled so hard.
Keen to see the pix.
Suspect wrote:if you could move along walls with your arms spread out looking furtively around corners before slipping around them, and dash hunched crablike across any open ground.
youre sure to go unnoticed

gareth palmy

Postby gareth palmy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:18 pm

can someone check there knuckles and the bottom of there shoes for a piece of my head. oh and a some blood would be great also

thanks

fuck this show was awesome.
made up for the downer one in Christchurch the night before
stage dives and not hitting the ground ruled

cirE

Postby cirE » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:27 pm

Sweet show I think!
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

x836x

Postby x836x » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:41 pm

thanks joey for letting me patch up my face at ur house ur a champ.
Last edited by x836x on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x836x

Postby x836x » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:41 pm

aussie band was heaps shit

it was the first time i really have enjoyed mean streak, a decent PA really did them justice.

the burial was rad, heaps of fun and wadzy does the best calls. he should be an honourary dero or something.

i haven't taken that new chase ep out of my cd player all week and to see it live was awesome. i really relate to what clancy says about things as i see it day to day at work.

terror was amazing. too many good calls and getting the mic for a verse fulfilled the 15 year old in me singing along to terror in my bedroom. my face and the ground becoming friends wasn't so awesome but fuck stiches there for bitches. specially coz i missed overcome.

party afterwards was rad. particularly yasmin turning down scott vogel gets mad respect. he was bummed as. lou however sucks dick. probably literally.at least she tried it on dudes 20 years older than her. mean.

Fadge.

Postby Fadge. » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:43 pm

fucking awesome show.
was the first band that deathcore style of stuff?
enjoyed all the local supports.
terror were fucking awesome, played all the songs i wanted to hear.
party central.

SOMEHERO

Postby SOMEHERO » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:51 pm

gareth palmy wrote:can someone check there knuckles and the bottom of there shoes for a piece of my head. oh and a some blood would be great also

thanks

fuck this show was awesome.
made up for the downer one in Christchurch the night before
stage dives and not hitting the ground ruled

hope you guys got home safe dude.

def agree on last night being a huge up for the bummer in chch, pretty sure ill never go back there again.

aus band were generic.

mean streak are getting better each time i see them, sounds way better with 2 guitars.

The Burial were absolutely on form, psyched for a 2nd release.

Terror, blew me away, its been 4 years since the last time and the excitement was even more so, getting to hear stuff off all 4 albums opposed to only 2 was deece.
Managed to see a lot of people get wrecked from where i was standing. i liked what scott had to say, especially about all the bullshit bands around.

stoked to see heaps of good dudes.

photos will be up sooner rather than later.

also for the first time at TR the security guards have been sweet that i had noticed anyway, had one of them ask how my photos were going and if i needed more room which was cool since the last time one of them told me he would throw a kid at me if they started stage diving.
Last edited by SOMEHERO on Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.flickr.com/someherophoto
http://www.somehero.wordpress.com
http://www.someherophoto.tumblr.com
Hardcore isn't dead
But my favorite time is gone
Relive those days with the ones I love
Hope that better times will come along

captain steinakin

Postby captain steinakin » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:56 pm

What was up with the dudes pashing in the bathrooms?

Show was great fun.
Cowboy/Father/Mentor

Akuma
TOHLG™

Postby Akuma » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Who was the aussie band?

gareth palmy

Postby gareth palmy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:02 pm

time has come

captain steinakin

Postby captain steinakin » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Time Has Come

Forcing people to take your bands free cd = :oops:
Cowboy/Father/Mentor

Akuma
TOHLG™

Postby Akuma » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Never ever heard of this band...

brb going to myspace

duncan.

Postby duncan. » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Only caught the last two or three songs of Terror's set.

Return to “Reviews”