Lemon detox diet

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Re: Lemon detox diet

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:04 am

has anyone who thinks not eating makes you fat actually tried it?
cos you know repeating 'what everyone knows' is fuckin dumb even if youre right, just sayin.

speaking as someone who lost billions of kgs in less than a week, every girl said i looked good but really i was very sick.
wouldnt recommend, but you guys are just ignant.
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Grave Dancer

Postby Grave Dancer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:37 am

considering how bad it is for you and a pretty mountainous pile of evidence on the subject, i really don't think anyone here needs to prove to themselves

its like you're saying you're ignorant if you're not going to shoot yourself in the foot to see whether it'll hurt or not.

and besides- eatings a hell of a lot more awesome then starving yourself on some bullshit scam diet

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:23 pm

yeh i wasnt arguing that its healthy to starve yourself or that good diet and exercise wont work, im just saying that its a complete fallacy that you will magically put on tons of weight cos you 'slowed down your metabolism' it just doesnt even make sense to make that statement, i mean sure its true on the surface, but stringing unrelated facts isnt a good way to come to a conclusion.

tl;dr: shes tryna lose weight not win a health prize for healthy people who eat healthy healthfood to promote health
Carly Ngarotata-Simon wrote:U misd two commas u illiterate fuk. It should read...mainstream, whilst at the same time, ... Who da dumb cunt now. Im bilingual. I can txt speak n also write in 'proper' english havin bn a legal secretary 4 13 years. So im actualy fukn streams ahead in inteligence ova u. Plus i hav a life! I dnt waste my time typing evry leta out cos i have a life! Dum ass. Peace, im out. Hahahahaha

Spots2012 wrote:do animal rights activists vehemently oppose Maori eating pigs etc, or are they willing to let that one slide?

Grave Dancer

Postby Grave Dancer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:47 pm

yeah that's all fine and dandy, but i don't see why you'd object to people pointing out that losing weight really fast by starving yourself is wrong. even if no one else here is stupid enough to put themselves through it it doesn't make the point any less valid, and its generally agreed that more often than not people gain more weight once they eat after starving themselves. its not magical by any means. it doesn't mean it'll happen to everyone, but your annecdotal evidence of not eating for three days and losing 'tonnes' of weight without gaining it back is hardly sound evidence to the contrary
Last edited by Grave Dancer on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nicola_yeah

Postby nicola_yeah » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:11 am

still haven't put any back on, maybe im special lol.

xDavex wrote:it's gonna be funny as fuck when you gain it all back. keep starving yourself.

yeah funny as fuckk ayeeee.

BloodFuck

Postby BloodFuck » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:12 am

You burn more callories eating a carrot than a carrot actually contains.
Celery too.
So just eat that with a bit of lettuce and brocolli for your folic acid incase u get pregnant, with eggs and baked beans.
Thats all u need.
JeffJack is Christian

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:51 am

^this is the kind of stupid shit im talking about, people just repeat 'facts' like that not understanding what it actually means.

celery does contain less calories than it takes to eat it... but so what? you dont eat it to gain calories, you eat it for vitamins and minerals, calories isnt the only kind of food, vegetables in general are low in calories, apart from the oily kind.
you arent gunna burn significant calories by eating celery, carrot, lettuce and so on, you will use up inordinate amounts more fat by not wearing a jacket on a cold day as you body burns stored energy to stay warm
and probably most importantly, calories are a GOOD thing, you need them, they only become bad when you consume too much of them and arent using them.
which brings us to exactly what nicola is doing, reducing her intake of calories on a DETOX diet, which i have no doubt is designed to be a kickstart to a change of diet/lifestyle.
its depends if she sticks with it, but saying she will put the weight back on if she goes back to her regular way of life is like saying she will get wet if she goes swimming.

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:48 pm

If she comes out with better eating habits than what she had going into it than she probably will lose weight overall.

There is a very interesting article about fat loss in the new Time magazine. The jist of it was that when people do intense exercise at the gym (say 1 hour of cardio) the hunger response it creates and the natural reward-seeking machenism after excretion usually ends up in people consuming more calories post workout than they have burned off during the exercise, and supposedly, that's a big reason why many people have not been successful in losing weight despite going to the gym. So the key to losing weight, for a lot of people, is not to be lazy throughout the day and eat less food (i.e. walk upstairs rather than using a lift, go for a walk to the supermarket, clean the house etc). Such light exercise will not illicit a large hunger response and reward seeking behaviour making it easier for people to create a healthy calorie deficit until they get to their target fat %.
Last edited by Huey on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because he's the hero Punkas deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
You make my soul complete
Rapture tastes so sweet

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:53 pm

i actually find i dont eat as much naturally when im working out/being fit, i just get full quicker and dont seem to want as much food.. i am at a bit of a loss to explain this, altho it could have something to do with starving myself before a workout(when i say starving i mean not eating for a couple hours :D ) and my stomach shrinking as a result... i am a bit of a gluttonous fucker most of the time.

Huey
fairy gymnast

Postby Huey » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:58 pm

fair enough. Whatever works for you, nothing is set in stone. I have a lot of self-discipline so eating shit food too often/overeating has never been an issue for me, unless I'm trying to bulk up ofcourse.
Because he's the hero Punkas deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Mi amore
Don't you know
My love I want you so
Sugar
You make my soul complete
Rapture tastes so sweet

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:01 pm

whereas i have no self dicipline whatsoever and if i want a fucking cake il eat it.. i cant buy packets of biscuits/chips- anything like that when im by myself cos i will eat the whole thing and feel sick.

cirE

Postby cirE » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:57 pm

alright we get it you are special :?
Future Shock wrote:freudian slip, went downa likea sack o potatoes

0.21 6.78 3.31

mark tyler

Postby mark tyler » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Adam The Muss wrote:to sum it all up:
You're a fat bitch and you're always gonna be a fat bitch, unless you stop being a lazy bitch.

:lol: :lol:

Personally, the best way i've found of keeping my weight at a level i'm happy with, is to stick with a job that requires a lot of physical exertion, then i feel fitter and healthier, and don't have to waste my spare time trying to achieve the same result, and most importantly it means i can eat whatever the fuck i want, generally quite well during the week, but unhealthy as fuck in the weekends, especially greasy mutton pies.
General Mutante wrote:This just goes to show that if you've got anything remotely constructive to say then here's not the best place to say it.

garyasfulla

Postby garyasfulla » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:50 pm

BloodFuck wrote:You burn more callories eating a carrot than a carrot actually contains.
Celery too.
So just eat that with a bit of lettuce and brocolli for your folic acid incase u get pregnant, with eggs and baked beans.
Thats all u need.

Carrots and celery have more calories that what you burn eating them, that shits a myth. Also baked beans and eggs are high in protein but overall quite fatty.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:59 am

Ventoux

Postby Ventoux » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:19 pm

Just to disprove the theory..
Not condoning it, and yes I know it's fucked up and unhealthy but I don't give a fuck, I can do whatever I want to fuck myself up(etc). BUT when I was 17 I didn't eat for 28 days except for from orange juice and lemonade, lost about 9 kg and didn't put any of it back on for years, till I was about 22-23 and that was more from a phase of being a lazy cunt, eating shit food and starting driving rather than walking etc. I'm sure yes, a percentage of that was muscle wastage but I still maintained going to the gym and stuff without detriment and by the protrusion of my bones there was a lot of fat loss. It was actually pretty easy, first few days you get headaches and low energy, then after that your energy levels actually go up and it's easy.

I wouldn't go to that extreme now but I still think fasting in moderation has its good points and actually makes you feel exceptionally healthy after a few days if you also drink heaps of water and fresh juice. I've never noticed any effect on metabolic level, the most effective method for me in losing fat now is ensuring enough exercise so energy out exceed energy/calories in. Fat loss is fucking simple, you just need to not be a lazy cunt and have some discipline.
Last edited by Ventoux on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nails

Postby nails » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:48 pm

thats a lie, you didnt do that

Ventoux

Postby Ventoux » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Yeah I did. It's not that hard out, really. Except I did mean to say 9 kg not stone, I don't even know how much stone is.

nails

Postby nails » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:05 pm

was gunasay, thats like 60 kgs haha

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:17 am

damn, i wish i still had my juicer right now, but man it was a messy bugger to clean up after.

kimura

Postby kimura » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:27 am

I understand using extreme measures, such as some form of self famine if you need to cut a few K in a hurry, I do it if i have to cut a bit urgently.

But to repeat what other people have said Its allmost only fluid your losing.

I know of people who will go on some sort of detox diet 2days before weighing in, lose 4-5 Kg, then hook themselves upto an IV and put all that weight lost back on over 6 hours in fluids.

getmahpoint.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:33 am

you think people will be losing fluids on a JUICE DIET?

kimura

Postby kimura » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 am

I dont know how this diet works,
Im talking about detox diets in general, you dont lose 3 kg in fat from doing nothing that fast...your motab will be slowing down not speeding up, as your body is trying to preserve as much of itself as possible.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:50 am

i never got around to my dream of using my juicer to make fuckin amazing fruit cocktails, im about to go attempt to still my homebrew and il have to buy orange juice or something for it... THATS GAY

i wonder if scruff is still using it, maybe i should track her down and ask for it back

kimura

Postby kimura » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:51 am

phaedrus wrote:
Suspect wrote:damn, i wish i still had my juicer right now, but man it was a messy bugger to clean up after.

yeah, used my juicer for the first time in about 3 months last weekend to juice a huge bag of lemons to freeze as lemon cubes... perhaps i could use them for a detox diet ;)

I really want one of these after seeing an informercial for one a while ago... that along with eagle eyes.

How much do they cost

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:58 am

i got my 800w breville for &80 secondhand on trademe, they retail about $400 and for a fancy one youre looking at nearly a grand, i think you can get budget as wasteful ones for about $100 new, and highly efficient commercial ones for a couple grand, it really depends.
kimura wrote:I dont know how this diet works,
Im talking about detox diets in general, you dont lose 3 kg in fat from doing nothing that fast...your motab will be slowing down not speeding up, as your body is trying to preserve as much of itself as possible.

but youre the only one who is doing that, this thread is exclusively about juice diets(in my personal experience i did actually have soup which i neglected to mention) youre talking about something irrelevant, its like someone saying 'heavy metal music is pretty good shit' and you replying 'no way, punk sux, good charlotte is totally gay'

kimura

Postby kimura » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:13 pm

kimura wrote:I dont know how this diet works,

but youre the only one who is doing that, this thread is exclusively about juice diets(in my personal experience i did actually have soup which i neglected to mention) youre talking about something irrelevant, its like someone saying 'heavy metal music is pretty good shit' and you replying 'no way, punk sux, good charlotte is totally gay'[/quote]

No not really...but I didnt post it for your interest anyway, so make what you want of it I Cbf going back and forth over it.

xSUSPECTx
argumentative cunt

Postby xSUSPECTx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:20 pm

no not really?
nobody has been talking about 'famine' diets whatever that is.

Sicinius

Postby Sicinius » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Go for a fucking run some time.

pattymayonnaise
süße titten

Postby pattymayonnaise » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:04 pm

How is this thread exclusively about juice diets? A mix of lemon juice, cayenne pepper and organic maple syrup (which started this thread) isn't exactly juice.

This thread rages me. I will read no more.

Return to “Reviews”