drinking beer

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
dave-brown

Re: drinking beer

Postby dave-brown » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Ah you read what you wanted to read.
Im now drinking beer in the laundromat. Also whilst on my phone. No pooing involved. I'll keep you updated.

... i need to get a life... or maybe just a diary... or a facebook page where i could be documenting my pathetic life with photos instead of semi relevant posts on an obscure new zealand punk blog.
... the beer i am drinking is luke warm. (Disgruntled emoticon)

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:55 pm

I'd follow your exploits on FB...

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:51 am

Yeah me too. I wouldn't bother following me back though- it's pretty much weird you tube clips, photos of vegan laksa or whatever pint I am having, stuff about plants, and me whinging about having hayfever.
Beer- currently rediscovering cans of beer are good to take to parties. Specifically Moa.
Uncinia vector

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:53 am

Oh, and also lower percentage beers . It's nice to be able to have a pint and still drive home. Fugazi is a 3% drop which I completely tried because of the name.
Oh god I'm so middle aged.
Uncinia vector

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Ah i banned myself from facebook after the great No class/ farmbake cookies incident of 2015.

So here we are
. No shame in low percent beers dude, all the blokey blokes drink mid strength in aus..... not me though.. i judge them harshly and make snyde comments about their masculinity. Haha nah i drink low percent beers when i have to drive.
In exciting news my second fav beer when i lived in Germany. ' Flensburg' is currently stocked at Aldi. Is there aldi in nz yet? You need it. The food is cheap. The wine is cheap. And their bins are always unlocked and full of produce. Booya. Except when they throw out their house branded beer "storm" i either taske it and donate it to the young punks. Or leave it to fester in the bin. Im not a snob, ts just shit. Well, maybe i am a bit of a snob. I must be. I live in melbourne, the breeding ground for snobbery. .

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 am

dave-brown wrote:Ah i banned myself from facebook after the great No class/ farmbake cookies incident of 2015.

So here we are
. No shame in low percent beers dude, all the blokey blokes drink mid strength in aus..... not me though.. i judge them harshly and make snyde comments about their masculinity. Haha nah i drink low percent beers when i have to drive.
In exciting news my second fav beer when i lived in Germany. ' Flensburg' is currently stocked at Aldi. Is there aldi in nz yet? You need it. The food is cheap. The wine is cheap. And their bins are always unlocked and full of produce. Booya. Except when they throw out their house branded beer "storm" i either taske it and donate it to the young punks. Or leave it to fester in the bin. Im not a snob, ts just shit. Well, maybe i am a bit of a snob. I must be. I live in melbourne, the breeding ground for snobbery. .

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:27 am

Hahaha yeah. That was pretty much what happened when i saw the pallet of Flensburger

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:24 pm

So. Lastnight i chugged a 6pack. Then 2l of scrumpy. Then threw up all over Lances back lawn. Then my dog Störte started eating my vomit. I tried to stop her but she was reaaaally into it. She then navigated our way home.

You can get old mout scrumpy here for bucks a bottle.
Thats cheaper than nz yeah?
Last edited by dave-brown on Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:02 pm

I drank English craft beers yesterday afternoon due to us all being kicked of work due to office renovations. Tried The Trooper, and a nice drop called Proper Job. Got a gourmet burger and a parrotdog pilsner and meandered to the bus. Home and in bed by 9 :)
Uncinia vector

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:14 am

Did the burger have pickles?

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:53 am

Shit yes. And chipotle mayo.
Uncinia vector

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:54 am

Pickles and pilsner are made for each other
Uncinia vector

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:47 pm

I love pickles

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:22 pm

I am currently drinking James Squire pilsner whilst taking my post work poo.
Up next.... A cheeky Beer Laos. Purchased from my good friends at aldi. Not a bad drop. Its been a while. Dont think ive ever seen it outside of s.e asia infact.

I

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:08 am

dave-brown wrote:I am currently drinking James Squire pilsner whilst taking my post work poo.
Up next.... A cheeky Beer Laos. Purchased from my good friends at aldi. Not a bad drop. Its been a while. Dont think ive ever seen it outside of s.e asia infact.

I

How much is a ("good") beer at the moment in australia (and NZ) in the supermarket?

In germany half a Liter around a Euro.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:37 am

Haha. Well...every german who comes to aussie/nz has a heart attack when they see alcohol prices. It's not quite as bad as say Norway but its v. expensive.
Firstly you dont typically buy single bottles or cans. Half litre cans are rare also
In nz you buy 6 packs or dozens. (330ml cans ot bottles) you would pay $10-15 (nzd) for a 6pack or a dozen for $18-25. (From memory).
In aussie 6packs are more expensive 20 bucks. Everyone buys slabs (24 cans). You typically pay $50(Aud) for a slab. Most economic way to drink beer.
Wine is v. Cheap. Punks drink goon sacks a lot. I can't do it anymore. I black out and throw up a lot.

Also... if you were thinking of a holiday down under, forget about schnapps ... its about $8 a shot. At a cheap pub.
God imiss germany. I have my flights for st pauli match... see u at Onkel otto for reasonably priced Mexicanas.
Last edited by dave-brown on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:14 am

dave-brown wrote:Haha. Well...every german who comes to aussie/nz has a heart attack when they see alcohol prices. It's not quite as bad as say Norway but its vm expensive.
Firstly you dont typically buy single bottles or cans. Half litre cans are rare also
In nz u buy 6 packs or dozens. (330ml cans ot bottles) ud pay $10-15 (nzd) for a 6pack or a dozen for $18-25. (From memory.
In aussie 6packs are more expensive 20 bucks. Everyone buys slabs (24 cans). You typically pay $50(Aud) for a slab. Most economic way to drink beer.
Wine is v. Cheap. Punks drink goon sacks a lot. I csmt do it anymore. I blsck out and throw up a lot.

Also... of you were thinking og a holiday down under.

Forget about schnapps ... its about $8 a shot. At s cheap pub.
God i miss germany. I have my flights for match... see u at Onkel otto for Mexicanas

haha. cheers dave. now i understand why user kerry is staying a little bit longer in europe haha. yes mate i will we there when you are coming around nxt year. st. pauli is playing well at the moment (okay they lost the last 2 games... :? ) and i take care to get tickets for a game. last weekend i was in hamburg to visit the get lost fest and hanging around with my friends behind the stadium (st. pauli seniors).

on topic:

i have a(nother) JEVER right now. Pilsener - elegant in taste. oi. ....and a Heidegeist Schnaps too. 8)

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:29 pm

Lol yeah. Usually when kiwis move to europe, they discover cheap booze, squatting and cheap drugs. Burn out after a year or two and move back down south to regain sanity. Usually everyone returns a few kgs lighter, nmissing a few braincells and a few years of their lives. Now i just come for visits

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:33 pm

dave-brown wrote:Firstly you dont typically buy single bottles or cans.

Well, not until you've reached the craft beer snob stage. I just bought a 6 pack of Coopers and it was $17. Could've got it slightly cheaper if I'd bothered to walk down a small hill and back up though. :baton:
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:30 pm

17 dollarydoos for a 6 of coopers would be a bargain over the ditch
I liked it when coopers did that homophobic thing on tv last year. They dropped the price for 6 months. Lots of local punks refused to buy it. I reffered to the slabs as "boxes of hate" and embraced the cheap slabs with glee

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:49 pm

lol "boxes of hate" morally bankrupt as any good punk should be :)

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:56 pm

After last Friday, and the pain and suffering on Saturday, and the jadedness, lethargy and self loathing on Sunday, I am having a dry spell. *shudder
Uncinia vector

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:06 pm

dustbinflowers wrote:After last Friday, and the pain and suffering on Saturday, and the jadedness, lethargy and self loathing on Sunday, I am having a dry spell. *shudder

Hmm yeah my hangover lasted 2 days from saturdays exploits. Started drinking in a skinheads garage, ended up hanging out at two seperate bars until last drinks. Memory gets a bit foggy about 4am. It got messy i know that. I ran out of money at some point and transferred some of the band fund into my account to continue doing shots. ...( im glad none of my band mates use punk as).
Age makes hangovers intolerable. This Peter pan shit is easier said than done

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:58 pm

First beer tonight. Emerson's Dinner Bell- pale Belgian table beer. 3%
Uncinia vector

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:18 pm

Woah, i forgot about emersons. When i was feeling flush back in welis, i would indulge in Emersons pilsner very enthusiastically.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:22 pm

Whats that poncy bottle shop by the basin reserve in wellington? I think it did flagons of the shit. Then we would smash them back in Aro park.
I imagine rent in aro valley isnt quite what it used to be. I also imagine there is a lot of moustaches there now... and cafes thar probably only serve coffee in 'keep cups', so the middle class can feed their conscience while they feed their over fed faces. Cunts. Students ruined that area. ( I was a student when i lived there... wheres my keep cup? I had flagons i suppose)

No Way Out Records

Postby No Way Out Records » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:29 am

haha.. Regionals is the place your thinking of.. and Garage Project are in Aro Valley.. hipster shit flying in all directions

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:27 pm

I get my Emerson's from the supermarket- much cheaper. I do go past the brewery every day though. Dunedin has a fair number of wee breweries, which is awesome with me generally being a one beer wonder these days. Sours are very hot right now. Not so keen- I can't do a pint, halfway down it begins tasting like bad homebrew cider mixed with some acidic goon like Coolibah dry white.
It is such a nice day here, I want to be killing weeds in my garden and drinking beer...
Uncinia vector

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:44 pm

No Way Out Records wrote:haha.. Regionals is the place your thinking of.. and Garage Project are in Aro Valley.. hipster shit flying in all directions

Ah yeah regionals. Bless that place.
Garage project sounds like hell, I bet they have a coffee infused I.P.A. Noone actuslly likes it, they all sip it reluctantly and smile and nod, fearful of being socially rejected by all their androgynously clad mates. Donning their dads jumpers and socks, calling it norm core. Wtf is norm core. I hate everyone born in the 90s and later. Bunch of pretentious i.p.a swilling, fixie riding cunts.
And on the subject of fixies...bicycle couriers arent cool, they never were, its not a subculture, its a stupid fucking job taken up by pretentious morons who like swerving all over the road whilst sipping cold pressed lattes. Cunts. All of them. Delivering packages to yuppie apartments and office blocks, yeah, real alternative. Id sooner drink at star bucks. Atleast theres no hipsters talking about fixies and polluting the general area with the scent of a beer so obscure they only ever made one bathtub full of the shit. 'Brewed locally' can also mean "too shit to be exported"

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 pm

All the couriers I knew had short blacks at Brazil, and Woodstock in their water bottles.
Uncinia vector

Return to “Reviews”