drinking beer

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
Dead Kid

Re: drinking beer

Postby Dead Kid » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:23 pm

dave-brown wrote:So its not beer. But in Huonville, Tasmania there is a cider brewery that makes a mean as 7.2% cider. Wilie Smiths Bone dry cider. Anyway, I drank a lot of it the other day , had 5 or 6 pints and bought a slab of the shit, went back to my mates joint and proceeded to drink heavily. I woke up in the bathroom of my friend's house and couldn't find my way out.The light switch and the doorhandle eluded me. I hadno idea where I was and freaked out, couldn't remember if I had taken mushrooms or not. Tried to climb out the window. And broke the toilet seat in the process. Ended up banging on the walls and ripping the vanity off the wall in desperation of attempting escape. My polish mate woke up and opened the door to find me under the vanity in a pretty fearful state.
The cider works for sure.
Drank a slab of it the following day and now I am a little bit shaky . Anyway, try the cider its nice.
My friend is renovating the house so he wasn't too bothered about me half destroying the bathroom. Huonville, not a bad spot.

Must be a rare and brief sight for some people.
General Mutante wrote:"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:24 pm

My mate lives around the corner from there. Good cider.
Uncinia vector. Sandfly victim. Part of the trans agenda to invade men's public toilets...

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:57 am

Found Tuatara Hazy Pale Ale at my spaeti last night. You know we've reached peak globalism when NZ craft beers end up on the shelf at a German convenience store along side the many far superior and cheaper German beers that have been brewed for donkey's years. Bought two chur.
Rob wrote:you are down a dead end street with no hope of every doing anything

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:11 pm

Kerry wrote:Found Tuatara Hazy Pale Ale at my spaeti last night. You know we've reached peak globalism when NZ craft beers end up on the shelf at a German convenience store along side the many far superior and cheaper German beers that have been brewed for donkey's years. Bought two chur.

No shit. Not a bad effort.
Ima full Melbourne hipster and been drinking saltzes all weekend. Saltzes? Salzirs? The vodka soda things. Theyre mean.

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:10 pm

Drinking Happy Daze and watching the cricket. Life is good
Uncinia vector. Sandfly victim. Part of the trans agenda to invade men's public toilets...

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:47 am

dave-brown wrote:
Kerry wrote:Found Tuatara Hazy Pale Ale at my spaeti last night. You know we've reached peak globalism when NZ craft beers end up on the shelf at a German convenience store along side the many far superior and cheaper German beers that have been brewed for donkey's years. Bought two chur.

No shit. Not a bad effort.
Ima full Melbourne hipster and been drinking saltzes all weekend. Saltzes? Salzirs? The vodka soda things. Theyre mean.

I'm partial to the odd vodka soda here and there. With a slice of lemon too if I'm feeling fancy. Only plain soda though. Also, no hangover if you stay on that. :wink:

Having a break from the fizzies at the moment. Expecting a lovely warm day tomorrow though (19 deg. in February?! - it was fucking minus 13 a week ago), so will probably have a couple in the park or something to celebrate climate change. Finally coming out of this rat shit covidy winter. Blardy hurrah.

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Wed May 26, 2021 5:58 am

Snapped up a couple Lübzer pils half litre cans at the supermarket on spesh for 59c each. Entirely drinkable. Still amazes me how cheap beer is here.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Thu May 27, 2021 9:01 am

Kerry wrote:Snapped up a couple Lübzer pils half litre cans at the supermarket on spesh for 59c each. Entirely drinkable. Still amazes me how cheap beer is here.

Hmm yeah you really can't afford not to be an alcoholicin Germany eh

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Thu May 27, 2021 10:44 pm

Just found out that Lübzer is an official sponsor of Hansa Rostock. No more Lübzers.

Yesterday's after work beer down at the Spree:

Not a bad beer, but I prefer the Tannenzäpfle, which unfortunately doesn't come in half litres. But a tasty beer indeed.

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Sat May 29, 2021 8:53 am

Kerry wrote:Just found out that Lübzer is an official sponsor of Hansa Rostock. No more Lübzers.

Yesterday's after work beer down at the Spree:

Not a bad beer, but I prefer the Tannenzäpfle, which unfortunately doesn't come in half litres. But a tasty beer indeed.

What you have to know is that ROTHAUS is a Bavarian State Brewery so all the money you paid for the beer is going directly to the government :lol:

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Sat May 29, 2021 9:11 am

Kerry wrote:Snapped up a couple Lübzer pils half litre cans at the supermarket on spesh for 59c each. Entirely drinkable. Still amazes me how cheap beer is here.

The story behind Lübzer is exciting. It was a east german brewery. After the second world war the brewery was dismantled and a expropriation was not possible because the main shareholder was an american haha. Later in the GDR the Lübzer Brewery had the only bottling facility for cans. What is also interesting is, that in the GDR only the people who are involved in the STASI or with a lot of connections could buy the beer. For the most of the people it was not possible to buy Lübzer beer. After the wall breaks down the HOLSTEN Brewery from Hamburg bought Lübzer and friends of mine told me that the taste changed.

And of course now they are sponsering shitty Hansa Rostock so fuck it!

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:13 am

If you had a photo of a Flensburger or a Jever I might be jealous.
I haven't had a drink in 14 days. The longest stint I've done in 4 or 5 years. Im happy with my effort and sobriety has lost its charm. I might have a few brews this week to drown the lockdown boredom

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:41 am

I just recently did a 4 week stint. Now I'm dipping my palate back in. A friend made a beer at Occasional Brewer in Welly so I've got 750ml of that to pop sometime in the future. Too bad it's a stout.

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:59 am

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:55 am

Dead Kid wrote:I just recently did a 4 week stint. Now I'm dipping my palate back in. A friend made a beer at Occasional Brewer in Welly so I've got 750ml of that to pop sometime in the future. Too bad it's a stout.

Yeah I finds stout is alright in the colder months.
The guinesss premium , the one thats a little stronger and comes in a tall boy is pretty mean for the dog park in the heart of winter

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:59 pm

It was decent really, would certainly prefer it over most lagers. Plus at about 8% the taste soon becomes unimportant.

edit: my allergies were a bit fucked last night, guess I'll be sticking to not drinking much alcohol at all

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:07 pm

^^^^ holy shit, dubpunker, interesting stuff. Rothaus is for government lovers!!!

dave-brown wrote:If you had a photo of a Flensburger or a Jever I might be jealous.

Jever's deffo my favourite, and Flensburger is good too. It's a northern thing, that nice bitterness. Just a shame that Jever is owned by Radeberger Gruppe. They bought out Sternburg not so long ago too. (Sterni is/was the east punks' beer of choice, from Leipzig, previously independent.) I think it still is a beer of choice because it's fucking cheap at 80c a half litre haha, but there was a big boycott from the politicals anyway.

Drax

Postby Drax » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:42 pm

I wanna drink beer in Berlin again :cry:

I dunno why there was just something about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Kinda like drinking wine in Paris. Or tea in London I spose, or 10% Cody's in Hamilton.

dave-brown

Postby dave-brown » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:35 am

Haha 10% codys, yuck. Man I hate Hamilton, they'd be warm too, Brandis mum would be involved somehow.
I would like to visit a Bavarian beer garden in the summer . There was a nice one near a camp-site in Munich where we stayed, we nick named the guy who poured our steins, Gunther. He would nap in between pouring steins. Bless him

Drax

Postby Drax » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:51 pm

Also drinking estrella damm (i think?) on a beach in barcelona on a fucking GAWJUS day and sometimes not even having to get up to get a fresh chilled tinny cause there's people walking down the beach selling them. I didn't appreciate it enough when I was there and fuck knows when we'll be able to hit up spain again.

Oh well, summer's just around the corner. There is something special about sipping a frosty beverino on a beach where your skin doesn't burst into flames, a million miles away from your job, listening to italo disco and not even having to bring a chilly bin along to keep your drinks cold tho. I wish people would do the selling beers on the beach thing here. Unfortunately the entire country has a liquor ban and apparently new zealanders can't drink in public without transforming into total fuckwits.

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:16 pm

Right now in Germany is Federweisser season, which is young wine from the first harvest. The bottles are sold with a loose lid because it continues to ferment. It's not bad.... Typically goes with flammkuchen, which is a kind of savoury tart almost like a thin pizza. It's also Oktoberfest. Time for a few Maß!

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:19 am

Drax wrote:I wanna drink beer in Berlin again :cry:

Throwback to twennysuxteen! Good times. Sadly 1312 riotbier isn't made anymore. Yeah kent come back for another guzzle when ya can.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:23 am

I’ll always remember my first 1312
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:46 pm

Ahh yeah! Our catch up was at the same place too. BAIZ Kultur- und Schankwirtschaft. Haven't been there in ages actually.

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:22 am

Kerry wrote:Ahh yeah! Our catch up was at the same place too. BAIZ Kultur- und Schankwirtschaft. Haven't been there in ages actually.

Its open now... :popcoin:

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:43 am

On my way.

Max

Postby Max » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Tried Wakachangi. "Fun" packaging, apparently aimed at the Dunedin scarfie market, but it's a pretty shitty lager, even blander than Corona. At least it's cheap.

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:00 am

Max wrote:Tried Wakachangi. "Fun" packaging, apparently aimed at the Dunedin scarfie market, but it's a pretty shitty lager, even blander than Corona. At least it's cheap.

I like cheap beer.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:12 pm

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:53 pm

Dead Kid wrote:Image

xdeadkidx 8)

Return to “Reviews”