Drinking wine

Have your say about the latest band/album/zine/movie/DVD/show that you either loved or hated
Tartanperil

Re: Drinking wine

Postby Tartanperil » Thu May 02, 2013 7:05 pm

"Each bottle of Buckfast contains around 280mg of caffeine, the equivalent of nearly nine cans of Coke" - and it's a ridiculous $34 at www.blendwinestore.co.nz/shop/wine/fren ... wine750ml/

dustbinflowers wrote:I''ve been thinking about a bottle of Stones, so I can have whisky macs

Fucken aye, Stones makes almost any crap Scotch drinkable :lol:

Philfy Vermin
Location: pointing two fingers at head and making 'peow' noises

Postby Philfy Vermin » Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 am

yeh i found that, but its out of stock, probably permanently.

to be honest ive recently given up drinking woodstocks etc cos of the caffeine so im not really that keen
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

General Mutante wrote:You're so controversial. I can't handle it.

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Sat May 04, 2013 6:07 pm

I got given a really flash bottle of Merlot last night for my going away party at work. It was fucking awesome. Can't quite recall what it was called. My colleague Andrea got it for me. I'd trained her up to do my job and she's inheriting some of my crew and she'd said she'd shout me a bottle. I told her that my peasant palette likes rough red and not to fuss but she went out and got the fancy shit. It was a very nice gesture.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Hipster_Faggot

Postby Hipster_Faggot » Sun May 05, 2013 5:53 pm

Philfy Vermin
Location: pointing two fingers at head and making 'peow' noises

Postby Philfy Vermin » Sun May 05, 2013 7:17 pm

probably be keen to sample it, probably rather drink stones mac tho.
Hail to the demons of the earth and kaos anarchy and destruction to those who exploit our human rights and starve the poor and make us suffer for the dead now walk the earth the armys of the dead hail vampires and all creatures of the night hail to the white moon and drtink the blood of our enimies and paint the town red

General Mutante wrote:You're so controversial. I can't handle it.

Marrow
real poo particles

Postby Marrow » Mon May 06, 2013 12:00 am

Found out about Whisky Macs when a bartender made me something similar last week.
The good news was I already had a bottle of Stones (red) in my room, but the downside was the only scotch I had handy was a bottle of Macallan 12. Still, pretty damn tasty.
Dead Kid wrote:Just leave your friends at home this time eh... Spelling-Mistake Chris, Hit On All The Moderators Chris, Anti-Social Chris, and I think that's when Make-Every-Thread-Twice-As-Long-As-It-Needs-To-Be Chris showed up. I'm telling you, you've got to sort your foruming out bro
PertHJ wrote:You can't drink your coffee and fuck it too

Kerry

Postby Kerry » Wed May 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Waiting on a half dozen case of gold medal French Syrah to arrive... La Chapelle Montmija... Never had it. Was a sweet deal for $60 (normally $168). Organic too. Hope it's dece. :drinking:
Rob wrote:you are down a dead end street with no hope of every doing anything

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:02 pm

bad news.

McGuigan Chardonnay - the best of the bargain chardonnays, often found for $7.99 on special- has gone crap; at least my last one was :( Sweet to the point adding some dry white cask wine improved it!

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Because Chardonnay is getting popular again, and a few years back the big guys short-sightedly ripped out a significant amount of vines in Gisborne. The last few vintages in Australia haven't been that great either, so if they were getting juice from there that is another reason quality is suffering. At the shop we are really struggling to find anything worth buying that we can retail for less than $16.99.

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Tue May 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Been enjoying wine over beer lately, but don't really know fuck all about it, but prefer oaky reds

My top wine o the moment is the st Claire merlot cab Malbec - somewhere between $12 and $14 at countdown.
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Wed May 10, 2017 7:38 am

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Wed May 10, 2017 7:57 am

"Look how happy he is"

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Tue May 16, 2017 3:40 pm

Marrow wrote:Found out about Whisky Macs when a bartender made me something similar last week.
The good news was I already had a bottle of Stones (red) in my room, but the downside was the only scotch I had handy was a bottle of Macallan 12. Still, pretty damn tasty.

you dont need good whisky for whisky mac, its also good with rum, if you like rum.

kinda hanging out for a bit of this right now, being so cold and all
"Look how happy he is"

Return to “Reviews”