smackdown day one

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
ob1 kenobicore

smackdown day one

Postby ob1 kenobicore » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:18 am

it was great i had heaps of fun
positively positive

The Jack-il

Postby The Jack-il » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:51 am

yeah, i thought bleeders were best :lol:

aaron

Postby aaron » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:22 am

it was awesome. every band played really well and there was so many kids.

i liked it lots. i just finished uploading 90 photos here.

"in the end ONE MUST DANCE!"

rex

Postby rex » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:30 am

the warpath ruled it for me these guys have got one hell of a future together i had to leave by the time the bleeders started but yeah seemed to be a bigger smakdown than last year hope its successful for everyone good stuff

I QUIT

Postby I QUIT » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:41 am

yeh it was choice

The Warpath - missed these guys real gutted, heard they were good with some bass problems?
Loud Like Enemies - i didn't really think we played well, i kinda go bored.
Militia - These guys own, hardcore with jazzy bits and keyboards, super sick, my new favourite new zealand band, still can't get over them.
The Bleeders - They were good, the crowd liked it.
One Must Fall - I went outside and got sidetracked, heard they were awesome.
:: This account will no longer be used or checked (I can't even if I want too) if you need to contact me re: shows message the ANCHOR account or get my number of someone ::

hywel_

Postby hywel_ » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:47 am

was awesome- favourites HAD to be Militia/Fever Lake and Loud like Enemies..... cant wait for tonight..... :D

Postby guest » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:50 am

Yeah great night... All the bands were fucken cool, finally got to watch the bands nand no be stuck on the door. Finally for to see Warpath, They were great, maybe just need a little more stage presence but shit was sounding good. The pit for OMF was awesome, even the DOC boys were in there killing people....

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:25 pm

Fucking rad, Everyone kicked ass. I was also extremely impressed with militia being the first time i'd seen seen them, the guitarist was gnarly (as was the rest of the band). One must fall owned the night and for good reason.

no vacancy

Postby no vacancy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:07 pm

yeah it was cool!! i missed the warpath (wamp wah) but lle, fever lake & omf were awesome as always. one must fall are so lucky, they dont even have to do anything as far as stage prescence goes coz everyone kinda does it for them, haha. it was a real good lineup, so worth driving down for. and everyone there (minus the cool nazi guys) was cool too. but i still think fatty and wax shoulda hadda fist fight.

for some reason i expected an even bigger turnout.. guess theres always today though. if my moms wasnt getting hitched i'd be there fo sho.

fingers
SDC

Postby fingers » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:16 pm

psssssh hardcore y'all shoulda come to the boost hookups tour in palmy with me and aidan...

HOLLA

phaedrus

Postby phaedrus » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:21 pm

leith wrote:psssssh hardcore y'all shoulda come to the boost hookups tour in palmy with me and aidan...

HOLLA

but you didnt tell me it was on!! you bastard...

-Kate-

Postby -Kate- » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:59 pm

during The Bleeders did anyone lose a pocket off of you pants? its like a grey colour and had a tube of super glue and a candle in the pocket, if so, its at the dest with the door people.

great night last night, im lookin forward to tonights show :)

hand me my nunchucks

Postby hand me my nunchucks » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:27 pm

one must fall were amazing(!), militia blew my mind, and loud like enemies were pretty chur. the warpath played some nice tunes also. as for the bleeders, im not really a big fan but that song "family" was wikid! not a bad crowd neither! good times...cant wait for tonight.

coolness = people jumping off the speakers
notsocoolness = people taking online forums far too seriously
roll baby roll

xbenveganx

Postby xbenveganx » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:40 pm

Fucking great night.. thanks so much to Luke and Boldis... you guys rule!

LLE and Fever Lake were the highlights for me.. I was blown away by both bands... and the pit for OMF was awesome too.. great to see the DOC boys representing \m/ \m/

I can't fucking beileve that there were a bunch of Nazi's outside... what the fuck. Scum like that should die. It was a deffinate buzz killer.. but still a great show!

jef*

Postby jef* » Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:42 pm

OH MY GOD MILITIA OR FEVER LAKE WERE GREAT LAST NIGHT..... WHY DONT THESE GUYS GET MORE SHOWS?!?!? THIER NEW MATERIAL IS AMAZING. TIMON YOU GUYS NEED TO PLAY MORE SHOWS MAN.... 'SCENE' SHOWS OR NOT!!!.....

The Leperchaun

Postby The Leperchaun » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:14 pm

i especially enjoyed the part where half my eyebrow got shaven off
Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Highland breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take ‘em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on potato cakes. I ain’t never going back… not never.

P?T?L?

Postby P?T?L? » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:15 pm

Sorry to put a damper on the mood of your discussion here, but last night i confirmed that i really don't like hardcore music. At all.

It was still a fuckin' sweet night though, I met Pert' for the first time EVA!
We had the mega badass singalong and lots of fun was had by all :wink:

BigNanaJez

militia

Postby BigNanaJez » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:39 pm

Ahhh Militia, we still have some recordings somewhere that we did in hams which have parts of their drumtracks on it - fucked up shit, mean drumming though, real mean - our drummer at that time shit his pants upon hearing it cause he knew he was outmatched.

For example, the Militia tracks matched up with our guitars and our actual drummers tracks did not - fucked up, fuck with your mind shit.

rex

Postby rex » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:42 pm

i never noticed any nazis was that towards the end of the night

P?T?L?

Postby P?T?L? » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:11 pm

born to hate wrote:i never noticed any nazis was that towards the end of the night

Haha, they weren't actual 'nazis', they were some skinheads yelling 'fuck you fucking nigger!' etc...

they were standin' around outside the front for quite some while, i dunno i didn't actually tsalk to them.

TexasTodd

Postby TexasTodd » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:36 pm

LLE ruled, i love that kinda slower stuff, that one song w/ the sorta militarytype drumming, damn... fever lake?milita would have been better if they didnt play TWO weezer covers. and OMF definately owned the night, tonight should be great.

aaron

Postby aaron » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:43 pm

i pretty much agree with most people. fever lake blew my mind. the warpath played definitely their best set yet...ross was sounding particularly good. first time i'd seen lle and they definitely impressed. the bleeders actually really did it for me too. i hadn't seen them for like 6 months and they played a sick set. omf ruled the night though. sick pit, sick band. can't wait for tonight in like an hour...

Tacotistk
trendy hipster

Postby Tacotistk » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:44 pm

I didn't go to smackdown, but I've seen the name Fever Lake pop up a bunch of times... I'd enver heard of them until this smackdown business occured. Are there any mp3s or recordings of them?
Their name rules and it sounds like they might also be rules.

Grave Dancer

Postby Grave Dancer » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:54 pm

Fever Lake is what Militia is changing their name to. they've so far spread a four track demo amongst the general populace, but there were only something like 100 copies.

work on a full length is in the works.

i dunno why i'm saying this on behalf of the band...

xCaptainx
Stay Cold

Postby xCaptainx » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:05 am

Friday night ruled!

Warpath - apart from tech difficulties out of our control, I felt we played alright. I was totally stoked with my new rig, first time ever using it so I was worried it would sound naff. But it didnt. JCM800's fucking own. Cheers to the mofo's that danced it up, I promise I wont be like a deer stuck in the headlights next time :wink:

LLE - was too busy packing up and making sure our so called 'feud' was strong, haha. Sounded awesome outside. CHris is an amazing bassist!

Militia - How awesome were these guys? Totally blown away by it. adding the clean guitar parts to the old sounds makes them sound 150% better. Good shit

The Bleeders - Holy shit, the shitloads of gigs over the summer has totally amped up their show. It was awesome. Lovin' the new songs

One Must Dance - I knew it was gonna be good when people started clearing the pit less then one second after the first ringout. It was insane. Always a good show from these boys.

SO many people, so much fun. So many things to buy :D Cheers to everyone who picked up a Warpath t-shirt! we'll be making more if you want one, put em up at the next show or something.

no vacancy

Postby no vacancy » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:22 am

the bootlicker wrote:
born to hate wrote:i never noticed any nazis was that towards the end of the night

Haha, they weren't actual 'nazis', they were some skinheads yelling 'fuck you fucking nigger!' etc...

they were standin' around outside the front for quite some while, i dunno i didn't actually tsalk to them.

nahhhhh man, swastikas galore!

I BET DAY TWO RULED, I WOULDNT KNOW COZ I ONLY GOT THERE AT 11. DOC RULED THOUGH!

P?T?L?

Postby P?T?L? » Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:41 am

They aren't actually 'nazis' though, they are racists and also morons going around thinking Hitlers big plans should be ressurected through white supremacy :?

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:34 pm

I was telling dan about the show and he wasnt satisfied with "Gnarly" as a review so i wrote a little story thinga ma jig. It is entitled "To follow ones ear".

Well me and Paul drove over and went to the dorm to get Thomas and then went skating peace banks in garden place there was heaps of sprackers(people walking around) so it wasnt the raddest then when we started getting our skate on to the maximum these fuckin rent 'a' cops came and kicked us out then they followed us to make sure we would come back. Pfft diddle heads.

Then we went back to the car to get money and put our shred sleds away and then 'twas time for smakdown, whilst walking toward the venue we spot the big lanky coozer named brock who we were supposed to meet there. It took us a while to find meteor cos i didnt think it was that far down victoria st, turns out its right at the end, poos. We sat outside for a while as no one had really gone in yet, during our tenure sitting down two hot as girls say hi to Thomas, as you can imagine me and P-diddy are rather upset about this and call thomas a "Fucking cunt whats your problem cunt"

Yeah anyways we paid our fiver and went inside as The Warpath were soon to begin so mosy on into
the stage area from the foyer type bit with the merch tables. Warpath brought the hate straight back with some awsome blood for blood style hardcore, played a rad set despite some bass sound trouble at the start.

Next up was Loud like Enemies who i thought played excellent although a few songs were a bit strange, dunno if they were the same as last time or not. Sam said he didnt like how they played i said "dont be so hard on yourself samuel"

The artist formerly known as Militia played third, (now called Fever Lake). I'd never seen these guys before but I'd heard good things, they were right they were awextreme all their songs ripped up(they played two covers which were apparently weezer songs )

Bleeders played second to last and after seeing the bleeders many a time before they suprised me with some awsome new songs one of which featuring Dave on guest vocals. It appeared as though heaps of regular non-hardcore types of people came for the bleeders and they had a big moshy mosh, with one champion jumping off the speakers into the middle, i am unsure of whether he was caught or just knocked a bunch of people down though.

Saving the best till last in smakdown htown reprazzent styles were One Must Fall. After seeing OMF a few times before and recently aquiring their demo cd (which is rad) i was eager to see the OMF powerhouse again. They did not dissapoint and played a gnarly set to a huge pit with people going mental, much fun was had.

.....And so concludes my epic account of smakdown friday

PopBlast

Postby PopBlast » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:06 pm

Warpath - I have seen them begtter, still good though
Loud Like Enemies - not my thing
Militia - No songs here, just mess.
Bleeders - was outside missed it
One Must Fall - Owned
Slamilton

HTDS

Postby HTDS » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:30 pm

Gem wrote:
the bootlicker wrote:

nahhhhh man, swastikas galore!

swastikas galore? one had a patch of one on his trench coat, and one had a tattoo of one.. which isnt really 'galore'

Day one was pretty alright eh! I was happily drunk - so sorry if I made a dick out of myself to anyone..
Yeah, Phil and Fatty should have had a fist fight, I wouldve had front row seats. Oh yeah, Phil slapped him, does that count?
I dont really remember too much, but what I do, it was awesome 8)
Nice to meet new people too, and thanks for the presents cameron!
Well it aint gunna suck itself...

Return to “Current Affairs”