YouTube Kids

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
Dead Kid

YouTube Kids

Postby Dead Kid » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:01 am

https://medium.com/@jamesbridle/something-is-wrong-on-the-internet-c39c471271d2
What we’re talking about is very young children, effectively from birth, being deliberately targeted with content which will traumatise and disturb them, via networks which are extremely vulnerable to exactly this form of abuse. It’s not about trolls, but about a kind of violence inherent in the combination of digital systems and capitalist incentives. It’s down to that level of the metal.

This, I think, is my point: The system is complicit in the abuse.

And right now, right here, YouTube and Google are complicit in that system. The architecture they have built to extract the maximum revenue from online video is being hacked by persons unknown to abuse children, perhaps not even deliberately, but at a massive scale.

Timewasting and computers really go hand in hand. As a kid I was fascinated that typing a long line of backslashes in Framework on DOS didn't word wrap, so I'd see how far I could scroll the screen sideways before I got bored.

But this fucked up "learning video" from the article is on another level entirely. The lack of dialogue suggests it's either violence aimed at babies or they're just extremely lazy:

What. The. Fuck.
"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Subcide

Re: YouTube Kids

Postby Subcide » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 am

My 7 yo daughter watches the youtube kids app. This cunt is full of shit and can get fucked

Basically the 2017 version of "Should kids be allowed to play with toy guns?"

Fuck off, you dirty hippy!
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:11 pm

I watched that video and now I'm retarded.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Subcide wrote:Basically the 2017 version of "Should kids be allowed to play with toy guns?"

Toy guns don't cause psychological damage to toddlers. My dear capitalist warthog, it's more like the 2017 version of cheap knockoff Chinese toys tainted with lead paint. Or the YouTube version of Indian scammer phone calls. These videos aren't just hilariously bad, they're highly deceptive in how they're titled and tagged. But sure... I'd lean towards blaming the Instagram parents who constantly park their budding 3yo snowflakes in front of iPads instead of books/actually teaching them stuff.
"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

Return to “Current Affairs”