Crazy old man from University of Otago attacks members of Yung Nat$ during performance.

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!

Crazy old man from University of Otago attacks members of Yung Nat$ during performance.

Postby sticky » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:25 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7719620 ... y-of-Otago
Pretty shitty stuff article as always. Basically they were booked to play by the uni and this old guy came up as they started and demanded that they stop immediately. They continued to play and he started attacking the band, shoving them and pulling out their leads out. I went over and ushered him away from the band and told him if he works for the uni he probably shouldn't attack people because he might get fired. He told me I was "A silly little boy" and that he "wasn't worried about getting fired because he had more money than me" and went away saying he was calling the cops.
Pretty ridiculous situation, not really news worthy but we all had a good laugh about it after.
Last edited by sticky on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General Mutante

Re: Crazy old man from Univercity of Otago attacks members of Yung Nat$ during performance.

Postby General Mutante » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:09 am

More people representing that particular segment of society need dildos/shit thrown at them and to be subjected to mockery and humiliation on an escalating scale. They're everything that is wrong with society.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

General Mutante

Re: Crazy old man from Univercity of Otago attacks members of Yung Nat$ during performance.

Postby General Mutante » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:17 am

Actually, he looks a bit like Doc Brown from Back To The Future. Perhaps he was doing the right thing after all because unbeknown to us one of the Yung Nat$ is actually Biff Tannen and if this performance was allowed to go ahead would have sent all of reality spewing into an alternate 1985.

Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:39 am

'rich old man single handedly shuts down punk show'

kinda wanna send this to 'the hard times'
"Look how happy he is"

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:42 am

Wish I'd been on campus yesterday, ha. This guy is clearly a cock. That said, there were summer school exams on at the time yeah? At times, planning/timing around events like this seems a bit fucked, it's bad enough with all the construction shit people are having to put up with at the moment.
I think it's lint.

Postby sticky » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:58 am

Red_switch wrote:Wish I'd been on campus yesterday, ha. This guy is clearly a cock. That said, there were summer school exams on at the time yeah? At times, planning/timing around events like this seems a bit fucked, it's bad enough with all the construction shit people are having to put up with at the moment.

That's what people were saying, my friend checked out the exam schedule and apparently there wasn't actually any exams happening at that specific time. Can't confirm that or anything though.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:12 pm

Yeah for sure, could be just a convenient excuse. Good work on bringing the lols either way!

I just wish they'd finish this drainage/landscaping work already... fucking driving me insane.
I think it's lint.

Re: Crazy old man from University of Otago attacks members of Yung Nat$ during performance.

Postby sticky » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:24 pm

haha I asked him if it was the music that was getting him all angry and riled up. Its ok bro I get like that at punk shows too sometimes.

Red_switch

Re: Crazy old man from University of Otago attacks members of Yung Nat$ during performance.

Postby Red_switch » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:51 pm

Fuck. Do another show so we can see a repeat (those of us who couldn't make it)
I think it's lint.

Tartanperil

Postby Tartanperil » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:57 am

Looks a little like Stephen La Roach, a crazy we had many run-ins with at Otago in the '90s :lol:

Did he rant on about how he singled handily saved Estonia from communism?

Return to “Current Affairs”