Bowie's gone now too

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
arkie

Bowie's gone now too

Postby arkie » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:15 pm

9seconds

Re: Bowie's gone now too

Postby 9seconds » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:21 pm

you know, im starting to wonder if anyone is immortal at all.
"Look how happy he is"

PertHJ
Inventor of 'LOAL'

Postby PertHJ » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Holy shit, that sux. Had no idea he was sick
http://hungjurynz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.discogs.com/user/pertHJ

Drinking beers, hell yeah!! Smoking dope, KICK TO THROAT!!

arkie

Postby arkie » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Yeah neither but it's great that he got to see his latest (final) album out.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:58 pm

What's all this about him being fascist?
"Look how happy he is"

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:14 pm

This only 4 days ago

and this is all kinds of fucked

'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

yossarian

Postby yossarian » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:18 pm

The content of those videos is absolutely insane knowing that he knew he was on the way out making them.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:15 am

yeah. Fuck. Heavy.
I think it's lint.

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:23 am

Give this a listen in full. Laced with clues.

'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Postby . » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:11 pm

9seconds wrote:What's all this about him being fascist?

he had a persona called the thin white duke who he self-described as an "emotionless aryan superman"

at that time he made some pro-fascist comments in interviews like

Britain is ready for a fascist leader… I think Britain could benefit from a fascist leader. After all, fascism is really nationalism… I believe very strongly in fascism, people have always responded with greater efficiency under a regimental leadership…”

Rock stars are fascists. Adolf Hitler was one of the first rock stars. Think about it. Look at some of his films and see how he moved. I think he was quite as good as Jagger. It’s astounding. And boy, when he hit that stage, he worked an audience. Good God! He was no politician. He was a media artist. He used politics and theatrics and created this thing that governed and controlled the show for 12 years. The world will never see his like again. He staged a country […] People aren’t very bright, you know? They say they want freedom, but when they get the chance, they pass up Nietzsche and choose Hitler because he would march into a room to speak and music and lights would come on at strategic moments. It was rather like a rock ‘n roll concert. The kids would get very excited – girls got hot and sweaty and guys wished it was them up there. That, for me, is the rock ‘n roll experience.

and he was well known to collect nazi memorabilia.

then there was a pap photo taken of him waving to a crowd that kind-of-sort-of-nearly looked like a nazi salute and people used that as further evidence that he was a nazi. he was living with iggy in berlin at the time and was releasing german language versions of his songs which also probably didn't help.

it was when he was the most drug fucked. there's a wikipedia entry on the white duke that says he later referred to the persona as "a nasty character indeed" and "an ogre for me". so he was obviously self-aware enough to know he was being a shit cunt.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:35 pm

yeh i googled this stuff after my above post and dont really care about it, the comments as the 'thin white duke' are exactly what he thought at the time, but i dont actually like his music anyway, so yeh.

some people are also angry that he apparently fucked a 13 year old, and certainly i know people have crucified others for less so its all a ridiculous farce.
"Look how happy he is"

Postby . » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:39 pm

pretty much. (except the don't like his music bit)

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:36 pm

This is pretty fuckin awesome

Interesting that NZ Media in 1983 was pretty out of touch with the plural for Maori.

Red_switch

Postby Red_switch » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:45 pm

Him and Iggy certainly went through an interesting phase in Berlin, shit got seriously weird there by all accounts. Neither of them could be any better off for it. Wasn't there some shit from that time about him wanting to live on a diet of pure white - white heroin, cocaine and milk...?
I think it's lint.

Little Miss Twoshoes

Postby Little Miss Twoshoes » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:05 am

NO HE ISN'T :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hahaha this shit broke me. I cried for a month. Weird power vacuum in the time after, but I have some theories on the leaving. Also, since he was cremated, I like to believe we've all breathed in a bit of him by now. Fuck I love him tho :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Personally, monsieur," said Poirot, "I don't give le fuck."

Shoot first, think never!

General Mutante

Postby General Mutante » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:34 am

Someone told me at work and I was like "bullshit" then I googled it and fucking hell, Bowie is an ex-parrot. So soon after Lemmy too. The missus picked me up from the train station bawling her eyes out.
Little Miss Twoshoes wrote:Violent period sex is a pretty good indicator that you're into someone, I think

FC wrote:I like that the swearing is removed. That's gangsta.

http://carnival01.bandcamp.com/

Little Miss Twoshoes

Postby Little Miss Twoshoes » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:34 am

It went down online for me, a trickle of rumours, cries of *fuck off its a hoax*, but then Duncan confirmed it. Now my fav hobby is bawling openly in supermarkets to Heroes (ffs).

At first I was like I'M NEVER GONA FUCK BOOOOOWIEEEEEE :cry: :cry: :cry: But then I was like, I'm still not ruling it out :wink: :wink: :wink:
"Personally, monsieur," said Poirot, "I don't give le fuck."

Shoot first, think never!

Return to “Current Affairs”