Lemmy is dead

Politics and the rest of world's madness all in here!
FC
Orange Ska Dork

Lemmy is dead

Postby FC » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:51 pm

Just tweeted by a bunch of legit sources. Hoping its not true, but it sounds like it probably is. Dead at 70.

Official Motorhead:

There is no easy way to say this…our mighty, noble friend Lemmy passed away today after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer. He had learnt of the disease on December 26th, and was at home, sitting in front of his favorite video game from The Rainbow which had recently made it’s way down the street, with his family.
We cannot begin to express our shock and sadness, there aren’t words.
We will say more in the coming days, but for now, please…play Motörhead loud, play Hawkwind loud, play Lemmy’s music LOUD.
Have a drink or few.
Share stories.
Celebrate the LIFE this lovely, wonderful man celebrated so vibrantly himself.
HE WOULD WANT EXACTLY THAT.
Ian ‘Lemmy’ Kilmister
1945 -2015
Born to lose, lived to win.
PertHJ wrote:I disagree with Aidans divergence from ska music, but agree with his correct use of scientific terms

Ois II Men|Hatewanx|XfrankgrimesX

9seconds

Re: Lemmy is dead

Postby 9seconds » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:21 pm

i just texted my girlfriend that Lemmy Kilmister is dead, she texted back "whos that?".

how should i break up with her?
"Look how happy he is"

bruce wayne

Postby bruce wayne » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:43 pm

9seconds wrote:i just texted my girlfriend that Lemmy Kilmister is dead, she texted back "whos that?".

tell her you had the whorehouse blues so you had to purge the fixation and it felt great

UNIT

Postby UNIT » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:23 pm

RIP, pretty bummed but the guy literally smashed life for a six.

Rizzo

Postby Rizzo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Yeah, bit sad but the dude was also an absolute punisher and it's a fucking miracle he made it to 70. Thrashing some motorhead today in his honour. Probably gonna fuck up some JD later for him as well.
General Mutante wrote:Turning the other cheek is for christians and other assorted boring cunts. Bring on the hate. SACRIFICE THE GOLDEN CHILD!

akaxo wrote:if metal isn't elitist it is false

dustbinflowers

Postby dustbinflowers » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:29 pm

W.W.L.D? may be my next tattoo. I'm really quite sad at this, we are running out of rock gods, and are in danger of being left with nothing but The Feelers and Michael Buble‘.
Uncinia vector

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:01 am

9seconds wrote:i just texted my girlfriend that Lemmy Kilmister is dead, she texted back "whos that?".

Just stop communicating with her and call the police if she show's up.
'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:03 am

'I Like It When You Die' is the fourth album by American grindcore band Anal Cunt. The album was originally titled You're Gay, and the album cover was going to contain a mirror, but this idea was later changed

Dubpunker

Postby Dubpunker » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:59 am

R.I.P.

9seconds

Postby 9seconds » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 am

Subcide wrote:Good tribute on Radio NZ today: http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/progr ... -kilmister

you know what, fuck RNZ, just after i heard the news yesterday, i went inside, i have no stereo here at my olds house, so i was thinking i would like to hear some music, preferably motorhead but anything will do, the kitchen radio is perennially on national radio, thats good.
no it was fucked, some retarded bitch was singing 'gangsters paradise' while playing a triangle, i shit you not, a fucking triangle, she managed to mangle her way to the end of it, and the presenter was overflowing with praise, the pretentious twit, he even waffled something about 'the original with michelle pfeiffer'

fuck right off in every way
"Look how happy he is"

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:11 pm

I was at this

Last edited by Subcide on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lurch

Postby Lurch » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Some dude just knocked this up in tribute:

Subcide

Postby Subcide » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Tomorrow/Sunday lunchtime

nazi scum

Postby nazi scum » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:55 pm

i say all islamic people are welcome, just leave your fuckin shitty religion at the door.

Dead Kid

Postby Dead Kid » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Subcide wrote:Tomorrow/Sunday lunchtime

Tributes can be watched here now:

"So you think you're floating in mint sauce son"

mike

Postby mike » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:05 pm

I sadly lost a few mates in my time, even tho I never knew lemmy personally, felt as bad or worse, him passing on. I had thought about this a few years ago and the number of big name muso's that are reaching the end. Who would of thought Ozzy would outlive Lemmy, Keith Richards although sum say really (looks like) he died 20 years ago, Iggy Pop, Angry Anderson, Madonna (must have worn out sum parts surely by now?), Neil Gripper, Charlie Harper (UK Subs, 3 heart attacks told me), Blondie, Rex, Jello (7 days a week workn, sometimes does retainer walls)....list goes on sum at times I wish would pass on, but hey cant say that in this PC world.
But good thing Lemmy did, was record and release a shit load of albums, and in his words "if you never listened to or can't name anything Motorhead done since Ace Of Spades, then you weren't really a fan at all". One of a kind, the impression he left on the world with his band mates and I must say, they were just as important to it all, but no matter who came and left Motorhead, with Lemmy ther,e they still sounded like Motorhead. Phil Campbell tho, wot a guy he picked up the pieces along with Wurzel (R.I.P). I notice he has the Phil Campbell Allstar band and from wot I read they play a bit of Motorhead as well as other stuff. ROCK ON LEMMY, may you ride the iron horse in the sky, not 2 mention Ladies its alright there, are other guys out there.

Return to “Current Affairs”